Start by marking “Healing Touch for Dogs: The Proven Massage Program” as Want to Read:
Healing Touch for Dogs: The Proven Massage Program

Healing Touch for Dogs: The Proven Massage Program

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Distinguished veterinarian and animal psychologist Dr. Michael W. Fox shares his pioneering 6-step dog massage technique, which is not only a healing tool and healthcare measure, but also affirms the bond between you and your animal companion.

Drawn from more than 30 years of experience, Dr. Fox provides an orientation to basic dog anatomy, physiology, and psychology, and t
Published August 18th 2009 by Newmarket Press (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Healing Touch for Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Touch for Dogs

Carly
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I spend one day a week volunteering at my local animal shelter, so I see a lot of abused dogs. Many are desperately afraid of people, yet equally eager for human touch and affection. There's nothing more heartbreaking than watching a dog slink closer to you, its ears down, tail wagging madly, fully expecting a blow yet desperate for a pat.

I don't know what we did to turn independent wolves into creatures so frantic for human approval, but the results can leave you wanting to weep.

The worst part
cnlhoang
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the author did a good job covering all aspects related to massage, all starting with the basic anatomy/physiology of the canine body. It discusses the benifits of massage and how one can prepare themselves before performing massage. I enjoyed reading his massage routine and felt it will be helpful when I try it on my own. I will have to use the book as a reference. Towards the end of the book, he does discuss the importance of pet-health and care in general such as vaccines, nutrition, ...more
Luminea
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, animals, dogs
This was an assigned book for a course that I am taking, but I am really glad to have read it! I learned about the benefits of and proper procedure for massaging a dog. Massage can not only help to relax and heal your dog, but also strengthen the bond between you and help you to notice any changes or health concerns in your dog's body that require veterinary attention. The next time I have a dog in my life I will definitely make sure that massage is part of our weekly routine!
ShawnsFurKidz
I am a Reiki Master, purchasing this book & the the for cats by the same author was a waste of money as far as I am concerned.
lisa olean
Aug 12, 2014
Jacqueline Watson
Dec 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Dr. Michael W. Fox is a well-known veterinarian, former vice president of The Humane Society of the United States, former vice president of Humane Society International and the author of more than 40 adult and children’s books on animal care, animal behavior and bioethics.

An expert in both medicine and psychology, Dr. Fox's training includes a degree in veterinary medicine as well as doctorate deg
More about Michael W. Fox...