Start by marking “Curran (Curran POV #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Curran (Curran POV #1-2)

Curran

(Curran POV #1-2)

Not short story, novella, or standalone, but collection of scenes written by Gordon Andrews as a companion to our Kate Daniels series of books. These scenes illustrate the point of view of Curran, the Beast Lord of Atlanta and are provided in gratitude to our readers for all of their support.

UNICORN LANE (Magic Bites)
SOUP (Magic Burns)
MIDNIGHT GAMES (Magic Strikes)
CONCLAVE
Nook, 28 pages
Published July 21st 2010 by Ilona Andrews

To ask other readers questions about Curran, please sign up.
Rebecca Thanks for the link! I love that Ilona Andrews writing team lets us have so much of their work for free. True artists :)

Start your review of Curran (Curran POV #1-2)
Sophia Triad
Curran’s point of view in 4 major scenes where he interacts with Kate:

MAGIC BITES
Kate whispering: “Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.”
Curran thinking: “Oh my God, she was retarded and I was going to kill Jim.”

MAGIC BURNS
Curran saying: “Shut up and eat your soup.”
Curran thinking: “This was nice, we were together and so far had not tried to kill each other. Maybe if I could just keep her quiet…Maybe if I kept feeding her.”

MAGIC STRIKES
Curran thinking: “I broke into her place. I kissed her. Any sane woman
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
Needless to say, the scene in Unicorn Lane is my favorite. I like Curran and getting to see things from his point of view is pretty nice.

She crouched with her hand out. What the hell was she doing...
"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
Oh my God, she was retarded and I was going to kill Jim.
Lora
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
Curran's POV Vol 1 is a free, online collection of four short scenes from Curran's POV set in the Kate Daniels series. There is one scene for each of the first four books in the series.

The first scene is when Curran and Kate first meet. It was definitely interesting to read his initial thoughts about Kate. And if you thought the "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty" thing was funny in Magic Bites, just wait until you read Curran's reaction to it. That had me rolling.

The second is when Kate is injured and
AvidReader
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended.
Sans
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm officially on the "I Heart Curran" bandwagon. My only problem with this little batch of scenes is that it was completely unedited. Or even proof-read. There were a bunch of spelling mistakes and some grammatical errors. But! My love remains undiminished.
Liz* Fashionably Late

That's right. I READ ALL THE STORIES!

I love all things Curran and his POV was perfect. Exactly how I had imagined him.
Anna
Kate short-circuits my brain. In my head we always have these clear coherent exchanges, but once we meet, what comes out it is, "Kate, do what I say or I'll kill you." Her default reply is, "Fuck you!" and we go downhill from there.
valee
Feb 18, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

While I enjoyed reading things from Curran's POV, I don't thing it changed anything. We could see how he felt in all the books clearly even though things were from Kate's POV. The author had a way of letting us know how Curran felt. So I felt I didn't really need this book. But it was nice at the same time. I enjoyed it because it was short, but it felt like reading the same things over again.

I love Curran but this book helped me realize that it is because of Kate that I love this serie
Marissa
Oct 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, novella-short
Loved these of course, but my greedy mind wants an entire book in Currans POV!
Vishous
MAGIC BITES: 4*

Here, kitty, kitty ... <3 <3 <3

MAGIC BURNS: 4*

MAGIC STRIKES: 3*

MAGIC BLEEDS: 4*
Claire
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
When I first saw this, I was excited to get a glimpse of what Curran was thinking during key moments with Kate. I know this wasn't written by Ilona, so I didn't expect her writing style. I also knew they would more like snippets of a plot instead of the full story. However, I did expect good writing, and unfortunately, this didn't deliver. I get that it's a free story, but would it be too much to expect that it would be proof read? There were typographical errors galore. In addition, and this ma ...more
♥Rachel♥
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Whether or not she knew it, Kate was mine now and I would save her or die trying.

I loved reading scenes from Curran's POV! Just wish there were more. I think the scene with Curran feeding Kate the chicken soup, and the weighty implications behind that act was my favorite.
Renégade ♥
4 1/2 to 5 stars

Excerpt from Unicorn Lane
(Scene from "Magic Bites")

(view spoiler)
1st Read - September 2013
2nd Read - June 2016

1st Read

I LOVE Curran so I was excited to get inside his head and see some of the pivotal scenes from the series from his POV. This free ebook contains scenes from each of the first four books in the series (Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes & Magic Bleeds) and I would recommend reading each one after the book in question.

I always wanted to know what went through Curran's head when he first met Kate (remember the "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" line?
Kathleen
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
I want to say 3 stars, but I just don't see it. Curran goes with the Kate Daniel's series, written primarily by Ilona Andrews. Her husband Gordon wrote this. I first read the series through book 5, then I bought this little piece, to avoid spoiling the stories. However, it is fine to read it after book 4, since it has a scene, told from Curran's POV, from events that took place in books 1-4 (or skip it -- it adds nothing to the series, plot wise).

About 33 pages in length, and self-published, i
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
This isn't really a short story, it is a POV from Curran for each book tha tis currently out (Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, & Magic Bleeds) my fave was Magic Strikes where he is trying to talk his way out of the cage and also Magic Bites when he first sees Kate. I loved seeing those scenes from his POV! ...more
Bonnie
A tiny yet enjoyable little tidbit. I liked it but considering that it didn't exactly add anything to the original story, just told it from a different point of view, I didn't rate it as highly. Still recommended for any Kate Daniels fans. :)
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Although I love, love, love Curran, I don't think I liked being inside his head. It was funny and pretty awesome seeing his POV for some of my favorite scenes in Kate's books. I guess I got used to Kate's thoughts and not so much Curran and his very short thoughts.

Curran makes me smile every time he appears in a scene! I loved hearing his reasoning for the soup. You know, I was wondering why he held the bowl and looked at it for a while! That part made me smile all over again.

One of my favorite
Dianne
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting companion piece to the Kate Daniels stories. It gives us select scenes from the first 4 books that feature Curran and Kate. We get to see these scenes from Curran’s eyes. These scenes are coming from:

Magic Bites

Magic Burns

Magic Strikes

and

Magic Bleeds

It amuses me to see how Kate has misunderstood Curran’s intentions, or so Curran has always thought. It shows how he has feelings that go beyond the lord and m aster persona. This was a free/cheap way of getting a small fix
Carolyn F.
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Short story. 18 pages.

The Kate Daniels series is one of my favorites and it was nice to get a look in Curran's head of their first meeting.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Unicorn Lane

Ever wonder what was going on in Curran's head when Kate crouched down and said, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty," when they first met? Here you go.

Soup

And who could forget the notorious feeding of soup? NOT ME. Not only is it fantastic to know what Curran is thinking when he tricks Kate into accepting his suit, but you get to see his distress over the state of her health that put her in a position to be fed soup in the first place. Maybe my favorite of the POVs.

Midnight Games

This one cove
Bry
I love reading other perspectives for my favorite books (I mean I have read several books about Pride and Prejudice written from Darcy's perspective!)

This has little snippets from Curran's POV from Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, and Magic Bleeds. Each reveals just a bit more about Curran's reasoning, and fills in some of those holes that occur the first person character isn't present for a time period.

Seriously, if you love the Kate Daniels series AT ALL you need to read this. Besides
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This collection of scenes are from Curran's POV which is very interesting and unique too. Curran is probably my favorite character from Kate Daniels Series but I couldn't put my finger on why until I read these scenes. Now I understand why he's a fan favorite. Seeing Kate through his eyes was a real eye opener for me. I'm considering giving the series another try. Alot of my GR friends told me that I would come to love Kate I'm finding that isn't necessarily true for me. My favorite heroines are ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
started Jan 6th.

This is a collection of Curran's POV for Kate Daniels book. I would recommend reading the book first and then Curran's POV for a particular scene.

I'm sooo glad that I got to read the Kate Daniels series with Curran's POV. He is sooo funny and it just added so much more to the story. It's really made me realize that I enjoy reading the other side of things.

I would definitely recommend reading this.
Jenna Archer
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection of scenes in Curran's POV. I've read all of the books that are currently out in the Kate Daniels series, and I have to say that I love all the books. Kate is a strong, badass heroine that doesn't take shit from anyone. It is interesting to read scenes in Curran's POV instead of Kate's, and it brings a level of complexity to a story line that you already love. I look forward to more scenes in Curran's POV.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Really, it's a 3.5 star. Since no half stars, it's truncated to 3 stars. I love Curran. It's fascinating reading from his point of view. I like that Gordon's the one writing the story. Curran is a kick ass shifter and his perspective gives me an added layer which pulls me into this world even more.
FlibBityFLooB
Bah! If only I could have more Curran point-of-view stories, the world would be a better place ;)
Stacey
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Curran's POV was absolutely fantastic!!! And being able to read his POV after finishing books 1-4 was all the better. Such a great, great character. :)
Lady Heather
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Kate Daniels and Super funny big cats
Curran is so freaking funny!

LOVE CURRAN!!!
Leyoh
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Curran comes in a very close second to my fiance in my 'favourite men ever' list. I'll be honest, some days he is first. Anything Curran related gets a 5 star from me.
How to read Curran POVs? 6 85 Sep 14, 2015 05:58AM

• Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5)
  • Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels, #4.5)
  • Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
  • Magic Steals (Kate Daniels, #6.5)
  • Magic Mourns (Kate Daniels, #3.5)
  • A Mere Formality
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • A Questionable Client (Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Stars (Kate Daniels, #8.5, Grey Wolf, #1)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Curran Twitter, The Wilson Building (Kate Daniels #5.7)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Dabwaha, Curran Twitter (Kate Daniels #6.1)
  • Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)
One half of the team behind best-selling author Ilona Andrews . ...more

Curran POV (10 books)
  • Magic Bites - Unicorn Lane (Curran POV #1)
  • Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)
  • Magic Burns - Soup (Curran POV #3)
  • Magic Strikes - Midnight Games (Curran POV #4)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Naked Dinner (Curran POV #7)
  • Magic Bleeds - Conclave (Curran POV #8)
  • Magic Bleeds - Awake (Curran POV #9)
  • Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)