Start by marking “Page-a-Minute Memory Book” as Want to Read:
Page-a-Minute Memory Book

Page-a-Minute Memory Book

If time is money, then memory is the bank and Harry Lorayne will show you how to make every minute count, dramatically increasing performance, productivity, and profits.
-- Enhance your powers of concentration and observation.
-- Double or even triple your daily work output, eliminate careless errors, quickly skim and retain business reports, news articles, and technical dat
Published September 29th 1996 by Ballantine Books (first published May 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Page-a-Minute Memory Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Page-a-Minute Memory Book

Jon
Dec 17, 2012 Jon rated it really liked it
Shelves: braaains
Memory tricks, memory tricks, and more memory tricks. It's really fun to use some of the tricks in the book, and they work. The only problem is that once you stop practicing the techniques outlined in the book, within a week your memory goes back to that thing. What's the word. That thing before. Where your brain used to be. Previously. Ahh, see? Previously. That's the one. Nap time.
Bob
Sep 01, 2008 Bob rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to improve there short/mid term memory
Recommended to Bob by: I think my brother bought it for me
I learned some great memory tricks that have really helped me remember names better and lists. Once you learn the techniques you'll start applying to your life. You must try to use it every day, or like most things involving memory you'll lose it. It may seem difficult at first, but after trying it a few times it will get easier and easier. A co-worker of mine tried to test my skills and made up a list of 30 completely random words. Some were objects, some were foreign words, and others were peo ...more
Senthil Kumaran
Jun 06, 2015 Senthil Kumaran rated it it was amazing
Our brain and memory works in an associative manner. Author of this book stresses upon this point and gives good tools to create a associations for everything that we will like to remember.H is consiciously driving the reader to make associations and explaining the fact that "applying your mind" to something essentially means creating association.

I applied these techniques and found my joy in remembering new things and programming my mind.

Tally
Jul 03, 2017 Tally rated it it was ok
Okay, just one little opinion in the wilderness, but the organization just felt too sporadic to keep my attention and keep me working. Ironic, being I want to improve my memory, but some of the tricks were things I'd heard of and tried before, and just didn't work so well. I worked with it a few weeks and guess I wasn't in the right place mentally to use my imagination to come up with words and ideas that needed remembering and using the tricks.

Maybe some other year I'll give it another whirl, b
Simon
Aug 18, 2011 Simon rated it liked it
There comes a point where instead of discounting memory techniques you actually decide to properly give them a go because the alternative is to be a vegetable by age 35 and mumbling away in an effort to recall your name.

Harry Lorayne is often praised in the magic and mentalism communities for his magic memory work so that's one hell of an endorsement if you ask me given these are industries so reliant on memory. Lorayne covers many techniques in the tiny book including the Peg technique and the
Mahmoud El kholeisy
May 01, 2014 Mahmoud El kholeisy rated it it was amazing
actually I couldn't imagine that I would benefit from such a book like that a totally new experience, a very simple book and to the point providing you with tips you need to improve your memory and concentration it really changed my perspective about "is it possible to improve my memory with only a book?!". at the beginning I thought its all about brain activity but I found out that memory and concentration can be improved by simple strategies. I highly advice whoever is reading the book to use ...more
Cristina
Jul 16, 2013 Cristina rated it liked it
This is very similar in- content and structure - to "Use your memory" by Tony Buzan (first edition of Page-A-Minute Memory Book - 1985, first edition of "Use Your Memory" - 2003, but it is based on an older book by the same author - "Use your Perfect Memory" which was published in 1984... ) ... In my opinion "Use your memory" is slightly better organized but Page-A-Minute exemplifies more. Both are useful if applied.
Igor
Dec 11, 2014 Igor rated it really liked it
Small, simple book with impact. I effectively learned my card with bank codes by heart with these techniques. Fun stuff.
Junessa
Jun 11, 2012 Junessa rated it it was amazing
A practical, easy system for remembering things. Many useful applications that will be of benefit for a lifetime.
Alex
May 12, 2015 Alex rated it really liked it
Introduction to some different techniques to help with remembering things, new words, numbers. Goes over lingkage, peg system with a heavy focus on visualization.
broots chang
broots chang rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Liam Littleton
Liam Littleton rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2010
Alec Konstantin
Alec Konstantin rated it did not like it
May 29, 2016
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
May 06, 2014
Doug
Doug rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Donatus Apiribu
Donatus Apiribu rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
RAKESH LAKHOTIA
RAKESH LAKHOTIA rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2015
Won Kyung Cho
Won Kyung Cho rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Samiran Konwar
Samiran Konwar rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2015
Joseph Lee
Joseph Lee rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2012
Ben Gulapa
Ben Gulapa rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2011
Samir Šakanović
Samir Šakanović rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Samiul93
Samiul93 rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2011
Jakub Keller
Jakub Keller rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2013
Adin
Adin rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Richardsan
Richardsan rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Dana Sugg
Dana Sugg rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2012
La7aN
La7aN rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Quantum Memory Power: Learn to Improve Your Memory with the World Memory Champion!
  • Searching for Memory: The Brain, the Mind, and the Past
  • Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols
  • The Art of Memory
  • Philosophy for Beginners
  • When Religion Becomes Evil
Harry Lorayne is an American magician and a memory-training specialist and writer who was called "The Yoda of Memory Training" by Time magazine. He is well known for his mnemonic demonstrations and has appeared on numerous television shows including The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. His book The Memory Book was a New York Times bestseller. His card magic, especially his innovations in card ...more
More about Harry Lorayne...