Start by marking “The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)

The Cloud Searchers (Amulet #3)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  17,614 Ratings  ·  1,032 Reviews

The Cloud Searchers

FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. A latest entry in the best-selling series finds Emily, Navin and the gang traveling by airship in search of the mythical cloud city of Cielis, a quest that is joined by the dubiously trustworthy son of the Elf King. Original.

Library Binding, 208 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Turtleback

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

So in this book, the gang are out to find the city of Cielis where the old Guardian Council's Stonekeepers supposedly live... in a fortress in the sky. They have hidden themselves from the evil Elf King but Emily and the gang need information to see if they can help them stop his evilness.

So they have to go into town, into a bar, to find a ship that will take them there from a map they found from Emily's great grandfather.

Three friends walk into a bar... s
John Papadopoulos
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Cool. what a great volume! I love the series so far it's fun, fast paced, interesting and very engaging; but what I love most, is the art; it's incredible! It gives me such a great satisfaction when Em is using the stone's power; I want see her get more control over it and become unstoppable! I believe the mom needs to leave she adds nothing to the series she bores me.. Trellis -- new fave! There is still a lot of mystery around the air. Let's see what's going to happen next.
Diana
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sequential-art
4 stars • Trust is a big word.

The third volume continues on with the stonekeeper's gang searching for the lost city of Cielis. The art improvement is evident and we get to know loads of new people.

We also get to witness another addition to the crew, which is Prince Trellis and his supposed brother whom I assume to have clean intentions and are willing to give Emily the help she may need in order to defeat the Elf King.

description

Apparently, the main focus of this volume is how the characters learn to trust
Jim
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great volume.

The group is out to find the lost city of Ceilis, the city according to the legends is hidden somewhere in the sky, behind the clouds. Finding the city isn't the only problem that the group have to deal with.

The story evolves fast and the art simply beautiful
molly 🌪
Love this series, so quick and exciting!
Ferdy
Really fast paced and quite fun, but like the first two volumes there was no depth or originality to the story and everything was rather contrived and convenient. Also, the main character (Emily) wasn't very endearing.

Loved the artwork, it was done really well. The plot was somewhat enjoyable, the mystery/search for Cielis and finding out the background/history of the elves and Alledia was fairly interesting.
Really liked the world and most of the secondary characters. Didn't much like Emily, e
Kristina
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it gets better and better with each volume ^^
Michael Finocchiaro
I loved the graphics in this one and the great imagination of Kibuishi! The characters are so well-written and the action so exciting. My kid wouldn't let me put him in bed until we finished the whole story. And then he was already impatient for the next volume! Breathlessly fun!
Selene
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Daniel
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
And the greatness continues. Likovi su sve interesantniji i polako saznajemo vise detalja. A na momente imamo tako lepe scene da je prosto nestvarno.
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: The Cloud Searchers 1 1 Oct 31, 2017 11:18AM
  • Jellaby: Monster in the City (Jellaby, #2)
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)
  • Target Practice (Cleopatra in Space, #1)
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade
  • Missile Mouse #1 The Star Crusher
  • The Secret of the Stone Frog: A TOON Graphic
  • Pandemonium
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5)
  • Bone, Vol. 8: Treasure Hunters (Bone, #8)
  • Cardboard
  • Owly, Vol. 3: Flying Lessons (Owly, #3)
  • The Sign of the Black Rock (Three Thieves, #2)
  • The Nameless City (The Nameless City, #1)
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 2: What Makes You Happy (Amelia Rules! #2)
  • Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess (Olympians, #2)
Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at ...more
More about Kazu Kibuishi...

Amulet (9 books)
  • The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)
  • The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2)
  • The Last Council (Amulet, #4)
  • Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5)
  • Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6)
  • Firelight (Amulet, #7)
  • Supernova (Amulet #8)
  • Amulet #9
“MOM: 'You have to remember we're on an alien planet. There are all sorts of strange and dangerous things around us.'

NAVIN: 'Yeah, isn't it great?”
3 likes