Start by marking “The Kitchen Garden Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Kitchen Garden Cookbook

The Kitchen Garden Cookbook

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Featuring delicious seasonal recipes to help make the best use of homegrown produce, "The Kitchen Garden Cookbook" is packed with imaginative, inspiring ideas to turn your beautiful bounty into delicious dishes. With techniques and expert advice to help you harvest, preserve, and prepare your crops successfully, "The Kitchen Garden Cookbook" is the fruit-and-vegetable-grow ...more
Published March 7th 2011 by DK (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Kitchen Garden Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kitchen Garden Cookbook

Freda Mans-Labianca
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
t is Earth Day and I think this book is a perfect way to celebrate the earth! Taking vegetables, that you can grow yourself even, and creating a dish that your family will love and devour, there really is nothing better.
I know in my home, meal times are the best times. Having a teenager in the house is like being haunted by ghosts... you see them infrequently. In my house, that frequency comes when meals do. Hey, a kids' got to eat, right?!
At least I am positive using cookbooks like this one con
Rebekah
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook, gardening
A beautifully photographed cookbook arranged seasonally. This cookbook answers the perennial question: What should I do with all of this (insert vegetable here)?

Recipes are arranged seasonally and include main dishes, sides, desserts, canning recipes and more (vegetarian recipes are included). Picking times, storage guidelines, preservation guidelines and freezing options are included for every vegetable.

I wish I had this cookbook when I started gardening five years ago.
Danielle McClellan
Despite the fact that this is really a typically "packaged" book by Dorling Kindersley, I found it to be a straightforward, basic cookbook nicely organized by season and garden crop with a few hidden gems. I made the baked ricotta with roasted tomatoes and peppers for lunch today and it was lovely. Will also try the lemongrass with hot chile salsa, black currant with rosemary cheesecake, and the simple but delicious sounding pumpkin and apple soup.
Laurel
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous photos. I cannot wait to make the pasta with butternut squash, chile, and Parmesan sauce! It sounds and looks like the perfect fall dish. The Kitchen Garden Cookbook is a recipe and how-to book in one. My new favorite garden cookbook.
Jenifer
I haven't actually cooked anything from this book, but want to buy it because the edition I have from the library looks so good. I love that I can use produce from my garden to make these recipes. Great pictures. I want to make zucchini fritters!
Susan
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
great pictures and recipes. With some great tips for the gardener.
Cathy
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food

I have other favorite preserving books but this one is great for helping to eat what you have.
Susan K
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wonderful recipes, lots of full-color photos, and tips on using garden produce. Mom's new favorite soup recipe is in here!
Heydi Smith
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love everything about this book - the layout, pictures, recipes, explanations, all of it!
Denise