Start by marking “Watch Over Me” as Want to Read:
Watch Over Me

Watch Over Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project #9)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  473 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Mission: Irresistible

Super spy Mykola Chernichenko comes from a family of geniuses, and though he's no idiot himself, he'd rather be where the action is than analyze it to death. That's why his vacation has just been cut short by a call to get two of his siblings out of some serious trouble--while protecting a nerdy scientist who's latest project could change the world. .
Published June 1st 2009 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Watch Over Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Over Me

Julie (jjmachshev)
May 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
I truly enjoyed "Watch Over Me", Lucy Monroe's latest book in her 'Goddard Project Agency' series about Alpha male former mercenary heroes and the women who semi-tame them. Monroe is one of those authors I count on to deliver a story I'll enjoy, without having to deal with 'too' much reality in the form of death and destruction. She also delivers the heat without fail!

Lana is a genius and a scientist. She's also a bit...well, let's just say there doesn't seem to be much of a filter between her b
Miss Kim
Apr 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Watch Over Me is an excellent installment into Lucy Monroe’s Mercenary/Goddard Project series. I found the last one lacking, but this one makes up for it. You can probably read this as a stand alone, even though previous characters are mentioned. There is enough detail given so that you don’t feel you are lacking any information.

Mykola is an INS agent turned security specialist (I know, just go with it), assigned to protect his sister Elle Grey, who we met in The Spy Who Wants Me. Elle is a secu
Cindy
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent romantic suspense read. I've really enjoyed this series and another book [brother Roman Chernichenko:] yet to come!

As is usual with these books - action driven plot with great characters and lots of sexual tension. Some of the characters from previous books [both Goddard Project books and her Mercenary books:] have supporting roles or make appearances in this book. It's nice to see old friends!

The hero is a serious white knight - one who spent too much time undercover and having to do
Sara
Oct 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good story with a very science fiction twist that supported the plot.
(view spoiler)
I just wished that she had men
Kathy
SweetSue
Jul 25, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty awful. The characters were completely not believable - she's supposed to be this mal-adjusted, quirky scientist - but her trademark quirks come and go - and she was strong enough to break out of a terrorist prison on her own, befriend a bunch of belly-dancing middle-eastern women who somehow get her back to the states - but after that she falls apart and now we are supposedly to believe she has no social skills and can't figure out normal interactions on her own.
He's this hard-a
Carrie
Jan 02, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010, suspense
I've read two or three Lucy Monroe books and enjoyed them, although I never thought she was a great writer. This book was a joke, however. It probably deserved only one star. The romance wasn't believable, and neither was the "suspense" plot. The characters were cardboard, the dialog cliched, and the "Hallmark card" moments a little nauseating. A tortured hero who takes one look at a geek scientist in a shapeless lab coat and falls instantly in lust..not to mention that he's a "professional" and ...more
Angie
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure about bringing Myk into a book since there wasn't too much mention of him in the other books, but boy am I glad that he was made a main character. Him and Lana were absolutely hilarious...mostly because of Lana. Her inability to filter and keep things in her head endeared Lana to me from the get-go. And Myk was usually so stoic, but around her he couldn't quite keep it together...in a good way. Both of them came apart when they were together and they were all the better for it. gre ...more
Kathy Davie
Sep 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, homey
I've finally figured out why I keep reading this series. It's homey. Just not in the way I've been using the word.

One of the things I've enjoyed about series is finding out what happens to the characters as they go through life.

Throughout the Goddard Project series, while the writing itself is rather bland and predictable, most of the characters show up for various lengths of time so I catch up on what's "happenin' in the family" but what keeps drawing me back to GP is the relationships they ha
Vee
Apr 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the opportunity to read this book as a selected judge on the Readers' Crown Contest.
Very interesting read. A scientist's research has become the interest of a very dangerous group and Mykola, a former INS agent/spy/mercenary becomes involved in the case to protect the scientist. A romance explodes once Mykola meets Lana. VERY HOT.
This book looks like it's part of a series of novels.. I'll definitely be checking the rest of them out!
Ellen
I have to say I enjoyed Watch Over Me a lot more.
Lana is a socially inept, not physically perfect scientist, her lack of social skills and the way she blurts out what she is thinking is often amusing and embarrassing for her. Mykola is a super secret Goddard Project's newest member, a true Alpha.
I really liked the characters. The story was a little too predictable. But overall I enjoyed this one.
Katie
I am noticing with Lucy Monroe that her writing is very oddly timed. It is always instant attraction, together within a day of meeting, then a bunch of the suspense builds to a very anticlimactic ending, finally ending with an abrupt "I Love You" moment and THE END. It really takes away most of the believability of the story. That is my two cents anyway.
Jess the Romanceaholic
Though I've never read the rest of the series, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The ending (specifically the last chapter) seemed a trifle bit rushed to me, but that's really my only complaint.

The chemistry between the two main characters was scorching, and I really enjoyed the nerdy, socially awkward heroine :)

I plan on reading the rest of the series in the future.

Lee
Dr. Lana Erickson, a research scientist at Environmental Technology Research and Design has discovered an enzyme that will bring crops back for a second harvest. In joking around, word has gotten out that it will also turn metal into gold. The Global Project agents have been assigned to protect her from criminal elements that have been seeking to kidnap her and her discovery.
Stoli

The female character was written so weakly in this book, I couldn't stand her! She's written as a genius scientist with zero social skills, yet she belly dances and tracks her assistant w GPS. And she survived a kidnapping and escape. But yet enter the love interest and she's all clingy "yes, dear" stupid!! Ugh!
Charlene
Maybe the Goddard Project is improving as the series continues. I really the way thoughts leave Lana's mouth without a "filter" and that Myk is attracted to the egghead scientist.

I still don't love this series like I do the mercenary trilogy...
Carrie
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one! The conflicts were outside, the angst level was low, the romance sweet, the sexy times ... sexy. *laugh* I might need to check out more of this series (which, I didn't realize it was a series when I found the book).
April
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
love this series!
Terry Ehle
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sappy, Sexy, Predictable...perfect romance!
Stefany
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Chernichenko story! The best books ever!
Kim Johnson
mykola chernichenko and Lana Ericson
Leslie
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is a guilty pleasure, and this particular installment in the series was my favorite thus far.
Cathy
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, series, espionage
Maybe 2.5 stars. I liked the storyline and the characters, but several of the sex scenes were just too graphic for me. I'm not a prude, but I don't need every detail about every oraface either.
Melissa
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Just not that exciting.
Measie Elizabeth
LOVED! I KEEP THINKING..."'My'-kola"...MINE...*sigh...
♥ BJ ♥
Jan 03, 2011
Kalli
May 27, 2013
R
Jan 19, 2012
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lucy Monroe's MOON CRAVING 1 3 Feb 05, 2010 06:43AM
  • Unleashed (Gemini Men, #3)
  • Damage Control
  • No Limits (Smithson Group Companion #3)
  • Virtually Hers (Virtually, #2)
  • Moving Target
  • Scarlet (Dead World, #2)
  • Now You See Him...
  • Heaven Sent (Fallen Angel, #3)
  • Tasting Fear
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Broken (Rafferty, #2)
  • Set the Dark on Fire
  • Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)
  • Under Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #2)
  • The Right Stuff (Harlequin Blaze, #463) (Uniformly Hot!, #4)
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
  • Assassin's Honor (Order of the Sicari, #1)
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 70 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more
More about Lucy Monroe...

Mercenary/Goddard Project (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Silver Bella (Mercenary/Goddard Project #1)
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • Ready (Mercenary Trilogy, #1)
  • Willing
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)
  • Deal With This (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #7; Goddard Project, #2)
  • The Spy Who Wants Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #8; Goddard Project, #3)
  • Close Quarters (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #10; Goddard Project, #5)
  • Heatseeker (Goddard Project #6)