Start by marking “Strange Girls” as Want to Read:
Strange Girls

Strange Girls

4.83  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Strange Girls is a beautiful book of poetry with a unique voice that speaks directly about and for the spirit of women who fought against, and transcended, the oppression and limitations placed upon them, both physically and psychologically, bot societal and self, and bot professional and private, to live a life that expressed their true individuality.
Paperback, First, 124 pages
Published June 2010 by Little Red Tree Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Strange Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange Girls

Charles Bechtel
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: poets, readers, writers, freaks
Recommended to Charles by: the author
Without planning, a poem is born. A phrase, an image, a notion, an emotion, perhaps even a whole tableau of events begs for the writer to express it onto paper. Whether for another or only for the writer, a poem takes shape. It is all that it needs to be, as complete as an apple.

And then there is another, and another, and over time many make a bushel. They are not all equal in sweetness, in flavor, or even in perfection. But each is whole, and together they make a bushel.
The collector of these
Sherry Chandler
Sep 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thepoets
I can’t review this book. My name is there on the acknowledgement page with the rest of the Mosaic poets: Tina Parker, Pamela Papka Sexton, Shelda Hale, Margaret Ricketts, Jean-Marie Welch, Karen Koegler, Andrea O’Brien, Susan McDonald, Valerie Loveland, Ann Lederer, and Leah Maines.

More wonderful still, my name is on the dedication page. I am honored to be named a “sister strange girl.”

I feel like a godmother to this collection.

I can, however, recommend strongly that you read it.

It’s a gorgeous
Marybeth
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My review published at Verse Wisconsin: http://www.versewisconsin.org/Issue11...
Valerie