Start by marking “The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries, #6.5)

The Princess Present

(The Princess Diaries #6.5)

Mia would give all the jewels in Genovia for the perfect present

Every year, Princess Mia spends the holidays in Genovia with Grandmère. This year, she's looking forward to the most perfect Christmas ever: her boyfriend, Michael, and her best friend, Lilly, are coming to Genovia, too.

But even a princess's plans can go awry. Lilly has a lot to learn about palace protocol,

Published September 21st 2004 by HarperTeen (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess Present

Jessica
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! It was so much fun reading about all the crazy stuff that Mia and her friends got into in such a short period of time. Plus it was cool to read about Michael and Lilly in Genovia! I love any story about Christmas and I thought it was really cute how Mia and Michael got each other's gifts!
Norah Una Sumner
Probably my favourite Princess Diaries novella.

I actually love reading about Genovia and Mia spending time there with her Grandmère.And,even though I think that Lily is insufferable most of the time,I found her actions in this book extremely funny and entertaining.Michael is purr-fect,as always.Love the balcony scene and,of course,the gift exchange scene. ♥
Nasty Lady MJ
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
See my entire binge read of this book and books 6-7 1/2 here.

Hmmm, probably my least favorite novella.

And you want to know why.

Lilly.

The phrase you want to tell Lilly throughout the entire book.

If I were Grandmere, I’d throw her in the dungeon. She basically caused an international incident. Mia should remember this for future reference (cough, wedding planning, cough).

If you could get pass the Lilly hate in this one, the plot was pretty simple. It was basically a redux of “The Gift of the Magi”
Catherine ♡
The book in which Michael and Lilly try to get back in my good graces and sort of succeed.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Short Review for a Short Review

The ending of this book was the biggest cliche of all time.
Mia bought a gift for Micheal for his favorite thing.
Micheal bought a gift for Mia for her favorite thing.
Give to each other...
Only to find out they both sold their favorite thing to buy the gifts....
LAME

Mia really bothers me in this book thou, you're a freaking princess lady, it's time to act like it. I get it, you're young and want to enjoy life, but you now have things you need to do, so stop thinking ab
Tijana
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm pretty sure it's been over 5 years since I last time read a book from The Princess Diaries series.
Even though I was crazy about it, the 6th sequel was the last one I read.
Not a long time ago I decided to change that, and not quite sure it was a good idea. It's definately not what I remembered.
Couldn't stop thinking for a second how badly I wanted to slap Lilly.
Oh well.
Off to the book 7.
Amy C
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
A fun quick read however the more I read this series I just don't understand why Mia is friends with Lilly.
Felicia
LILLY IS THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD. Mia needs to dump her asap.
Alaina
Okay, so I finished this book around January 14th... AND I'm just now getting time to write the review. Talk about being super freaking busy. Stupid life and work getting in the way of reviews. Have no fear - Alaina is here and I am going to write reviews for all of the books that I've read and never got the chance to write a good/bad review for the entire month of January!

Okay, so The Princess Present was a very short novella and I loved every second of it because it was short . I'm trying re
Cara
3.5 stars rounded to 4 because it made me laugh.
I read the 'Party Princess' before reading this and after reading this book, I don't see that it really fit in the order she put it. This book feels like it should have come after Party Princess instead of before.
That aside ^ I love Mia's love for Buffy and that she has the action figures. I never knew there were action figures, but I've always been a fan of Buffy.
Lilly is annoying and a pain in the ass like always. I don't understand why Mia is fr
hpboy13
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious, and a sheer joy to read!

ETA 10 years later: This book is a really cute Princess Diaries take on Gift of the Magi, and it’s a lot of fun seeing Mia princessing around with other young royals. In fact, I think the relationship with the other princes and princesses was really worth exploring more. Lilly remains an utterly reprehensible human being, but at least Mia is finally cottoning on to that fact and not putting up with her BS. The best part was the juxtaposition of Ameri
Beth Johnson
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Quick little read that I feel bad about even including as a book. It's Christmas in Genovia, and Lilly and Michael are coming to join Mia. Best part of the book -- Mia telling Lilly to get over herself and behave after her antics get someone fired. Worst part of the book -- Meg Cabot's constant reminders that she hates the movies for Princess Diaries. We get it. You mention it in every. freaking book. Please let it go already.
Lisa
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a sweet holiday story. But Mia sells her 'Fiesta Giles' collectible action figure in order to buy her boyfriend Michael a Christmas present! And then he surprises her with the 'Military Xander' action figure, which was going to complete her collection! Except, of course, now she doesn't have Fiesta Giles anymore...

Pffft. Is Michael better than Giles? I think not.
Shannon
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun and silly take on "The Gift of the Magi". Lilly is a total riot!
Amy Laymon
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I don’t like Lilly and I’m tired of her character...
Teresa Gibson
Jun 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
I'm a huge Meg Cabot fan. As you all can tell, I'm currently reading all the Princess Diaries novels in order, and believe me, there's so many other books calling, but I'm staying true to Meg. But UGH, this one was not good. It's like the publisher came up to her on summer vacation and said, Meg, you need to do a little stocking stuffer book for your fans and get it to us soon so it'll be out by Christmas. So Meg drank a couple of Grandmere's sidecars and knocked this one out in a couple of days ...more
Alexandra
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
"Mademoiselle, you intoxicate me."

To which Lilly replied, "You have Roquefort on your cravat, kid."

I'm 22 and I'm reading: The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries #6.5).

photo dnno_zps7k9qyjhr.gif

It was boring and irritating, though. Thank you, Lilly.

Mia is still...Mia.

Lilly is still a total bitch.

Michael is still a bae (that's a good think, btw).

"Please tell her I will always love her, though others may try to keep us apart!"

"Uh," I'd replied. "Whatever you say, dude."

Shinjini
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I don’t understand what Lilly’s problem is. How can she be so negative?!

And that’s all I’m going to say about her because this novella isn’t about Lilly. It’s about Michael and Mia and their Christmas presents to each other. The Princess Present was basically a retelling of The Gift of the Magi, which is my favorite short story ever, so I really liked this one!

The main strengths of this novella were Michael and Mia’s gift exchange and the funny events at the ball organized by Clarisse. The big w
Sara Saif
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: its-a-tie
I enjoyed it. I kid you not. I may be going bonkers by the amount of Chick-lit I'm ingesting these days but seriously! It is so tremendously pleasant when Mia's not suffering from CCD {Chronic Complaining Disorder}. Do you know how many times she wailed about life's unfairness in this one? ZERO!!! And compared to what a total lunatic Lily is turning out to be with each book, Mia seemed downright nice; calm and collected and focused on her princess-ly duties. Michael and Lily's stay at Genovia wa ...more
Myndi
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute novella, the dilemma over the presents between Michael and Mia was very sitcom but cute. I find myself again asking why Lilly is such a jerk and why Mia continues to be friends with her. Surely she must see some redeeming qualities, but why does the reader never get to see them? I was surprised and delighted to see some more softening of Grandmere's character. Ready to move on to the next book!
Krista
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, library, 2015
Aww I like this one, it was cute and Yayyy Lily and Michael visiting Mia for Christmas :D
4/5
Madeleine
Jul 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit-faves
Katie
I think my opinion didn't really change on this one. It's pleasant enough, but I'm kind of tired of (view spoiler) stories.
Cyndi
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So cute!!! Cabot worked classic Christmas stories into Mia's world. Adorable!
Goosey
Cute and to the point, this is like a yummy piece of chocolate.

(BUT LILY!!!! ARGH.)
Charlotte Kelly
Erica
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although this novella was meant to be an interlude between the main books in the series, I was impressed that Cabot still worked in some character development. The issue of physical intimacy between Mia and Michael was put on hold, but considering all the family chaos that Mia had to deal with, that seemed plausible. For what little we saw of him, Michael was back to being saintly, at least for now. Once again, the character development in this story was Lilly’s. For once, Mia seemed to know exa ...more
Julie
May 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is the second "half" book I read in the series and I found it completely unnecessary. I don't think the book further developed any of the relationships between the characters. If anything, it just makes Lilly seem worse than she already is. Lilly's character development is very weak. She goes back and forth between supporting Mia in her role as Princess of Genovia and seeing her and her family as the stereotypical self-absorbed monarchy. I wouldn't re-read this book if I were to re-read the ...more
Sarah Kenchington
A short but funny addition to the series - Lilly's attitude felt cliche and annoying at times, and I'm too old to read the words "We don't charge our citizens taxes" without going "errrr WELL THAT AIN'T GONNA WORK" but regardless, a quick and enjoyable read. And I forever have the mental image of Prince William and Prince Harry blackmailing their cousin by frantically taxing pictures of him drunk. Excellent.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Duelling Princes
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Haunted Schools
  • Starry, Starry Night
  • Harry Styles Annual 2013
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Frogs & French Kisses (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
  • Outrageously Alice (Alice, #9)
  • Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Born to Be Somebody (from Never Say Never): Big Note Piano, Sheet
  • Felix, Net i Nika oraz Teoretycznie Możliwa Katastrofa (Felix, Net i Nika, #2)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Other Worlds
  • The Girl Most Likely

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)