Start by marking “The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries, #6.5)

The Princess Present

(The Princess Diaries #6.5)

Mia would give all the jewels in Genovia for the perfect present

Every year, Princess Mia spends the holidays in Genovia with Grandmère. This year, she's looking forward to the most perfect Christmas ever: her boyfriend, Michael, and her best friend, Lilly, are coming to Genovia, too.

But even a princess's plans can go awry. Lilly has a lot to learn about palace protocol,

Published September 21st 2004 by HarperTeen (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess Present

Start your review of The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries, #6.5)
Jessica
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! It was so much fun reading about all the crazy stuff that Mia and her friends got into in such a short period of time. Plus it was cool to read about Michael and Lilly in Genovia! I love any story about Christmas and I thought it was really cute how Mia and Michael got each other's gifts!
Norah Una Sumner
Probably my favourite Princess Diaries novella.

I actually love reading about Genovia and Mia spending time there with her Grandmère.And,even though I think that Lily is insufferable most of the time,I found her actions in this book extremely funny and entertaining.Michael is purr-fect,as always.Love the balcony scene and,of course,the gift exchange scene. ♥
Nasty Lady MJ
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
See my entire binge read of this book and books 6-7 1/2 here.

Hmmm, probably my least favorite novella.

And you want to know why.

Lilly.

The phrase you want to tell Lilly throughout the entire book.

If I were Grandmere, I’d throw her in the dungeon. She basically caused an international incident. Mia should remember this for future reference (cough, wedding planning, cough).

If you could get pass the Lilly hate in this one, the plot was pretty simple. It was basically a redux of “The Gift of the Magi”
Amy C
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
A fun quick read however the more I read this series I just don't understand why Mia is friends with Lilly.
Ruby
Aug 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lili
Shelves: clean-romance, own-it
Not one of my favorite of Mrs. Cabot's books. I mean this one is the cleanest one of the princess diaries I have encountered, but it was just too quick. It felt like just as I was getting into the story it stopped. If anyone know what that feels like it isn't the best. And I also felt like this one is in such a weird spot. 6 starts the beginning of the school year and then here is christmas. It was just weird. Anyways for the stuff you actually need to know.

PARENT NOTE: One punch thrown at a roy
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Short Review for a Short Review

The ending of this book was the biggest cliche of all time.
Mia bought a gift for Micheal for his favorite thing.
Micheal bought a gift for Mia for her favorite thing.
Give to each other...
Only to find out they both sold their favorite thing to buy the gifts....
LAME

Mia really bothers me in this book thou, you're a freaking princess lady, it's time to act like it. I get it, you're young and want to enjoy life, but you now have things you need to do, so stop thinking ab
Tijana
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm pretty sure it's been over 5 years since I last time read a book from The Princess Diaries series.
Even though I was crazy about it, the 6th sequel was the last one I read.
Not a long time ago I decided to change that, and not quite sure it was a good idea. It's definately not what I remembered.
Couldn't stop thinking for a second how badly I wanted to slap Lilly.
Oh well.
Off to the book 7.
Felicia
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
LILLY IS THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD. Mia needs to dump her asap.
Alaina
Okay, so I finished this book around January 14th... AND I'm just now getting time to write the review. Talk about being super freaking busy. Stupid life and work getting in the way of reviews. Have no fear - Alaina is here and I am going to write reviews for all of the books that I've read and never got the chance to write a good/bad review for the entire month of January!

Okay, so The Princess Present was a very short novella and I loved every second of it because it was short . I'm trying
Cara
3.5 stars rounded to 4 because it made me laugh.
I read the 'Party Princess' before reading this and after reading this book, I don't see that it really fit in the order she put it. This book feels like it should have come after Party Princess instead of before.
That aside ^ I love Mia's love for Buffy and that she has the action figures. I never knew there were action figures, but I've always been a fan of Buffy.
Lilly is annoying and a pain in the ass like always. I don't understand why Mia is fr
hpboy13
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious, and a sheer joy to read!

ETA 10 years later: This book is a really cute Princess Diaries take on Gift of the Magi, and it’s a lot of fun seeing Mia princessing around with other young royals. In fact, I think the relationship with the other princes and princesses was really worth exploring more. Lilly remains an utterly reprehensible human being, but at least Mia is finally cottoning on to that fact and not putting up with her BS. The best part was the juxtaposition of Ameri
Beth Johnson
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Quick little read that I feel bad about even including as a book. It's Christmas in Genovia, and Lilly and Michael are coming to join Mia. Best part of the book -- Mia telling Lilly to get over herself and behave after her antics get someone fired. Worst part of the book -- Meg Cabot's constant reminders that she hates the movies for Princess Diaries. We get it. You mention it in every. freaking book. Please let it go already.
catherine ♡
The book in which Michael and Lilly try to get back in my good graces and sort of succeed.
Lisa
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a sweet holiday story. But Mia sells her 'Fiesta Giles' collectible action figure in order to buy her boyfriend Michael a Christmas present! And then he surprises her with the 'Military Xander' action figure, which was going to complete her collection! Except, of course, now she doesn't have Fiesta Giles anymore...

Pffft. Is Michael better than Giles? I think not.
Shannon
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun and silly take on "The Gift of the Magi". Lilly is a total riot!
into_thebooks
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You cannot stop loving Mia
Amy Laymon
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I don’t like Lilly and I’m tired of her character...
Teresa Gibson
Jun 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
I'm a huge Meg Cabot fan. As you all can tell, I'm currently reading all the Princess Diaries novels in order, and believe me, there's so many other books calling, but I'm staying true to Meg. But UGH, this one was not good. It's like the publisher came up to her on summer vacation and said, Meg, you need to do a little stocking stuffer book for your fans and get it to us soon so it'll be out by Christmas. So Meg drank a couple of Grandmere's sidecars and knocked this one out in a couple of days ...more
Shinjini
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I don’t understand what Lilly’s problem is. How can she be so negative?!

And that’s all I’m going to say about her because this novella isn’t about Lilly. It’s about Michael and Mia and their Christmas presents to each other. The Princess Present was basically a retelling of The Gift of the Magi, which is my favorite short story ever, so I really liked this one!

The main strengths of this novella were Michael and Mia’s gift exchange and the funny events at the ball organized by Clarisse. The big w
Alexandra
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
"Mademoiselle, you intoxicate me."

To which Lilly replied, "You have Roquefort on your cravat, kid."

I'm 22 and I'm reading: The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries #6.5).

photo dnno_zps7k9qyjhr.gif

It was boring and irritating, though. Thank you, Lilly.

Mia is still...Mia.

Lilly is still a total bitch.

Michael is still a bae (that's a good think, btw).

"Please tell her I will always love her, though others may try to keep us apart!"

"Uh," I'd replied. "Whatever you say, dude."

Sara Saif
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: its-a-tie
I enjoyed it. I kid you not. I may be going bonkers by the amount of Chick-lit I'm ingesting these days but seriously! It is so tremendously pleasant when Mia's not suffering from CCD {Chronic Complaining Disorder}. Do you know how many times she wailed about life's unfairness in this one? ZERO!!! And compared to what a total lunatic Lily is turning out to be with each book, Mia seemed downright nice; calm and collected and focused on her princess-ly duties. Michael and Lily's stay at Genovia wa ...more
Myndi
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute novella, the dilemma over the presents between Michael and Mia was very sitcom but cute. I find myself again asking why Lilly is such a jerk and why Mia continues to be friends with her. Surely she must see some redeeming qualities, but why does the reader never get to see them? I was surprised and delighted to see some more softening of Grandmere's character. Ready to move on to the next book!
Katie
I think my opinion didn't really change on this one. It's pleasant enough, but I'm kind of tired of (view spoiler) stories. ...more
Madeleine
Jul 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit-faves
Krista
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2015, library
Aww I like this one, it was cute and Yayyy Lily and Michael visiting Mia for Christmas :D
4/5
Cyndi
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So cute!!! Cabot worked classic Christmas stories into Mia's world. Adorable!
Goosey
Cute and to the point, this is like a yummy piece of chocolate.

(BUT LILY!!!! ARGH.)
Charlotte Kelly
Holly
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
This is a fun and quick Christmas-y read. I think it benefited from being a little shorter than a normal Princess Diairies novel. There weren't a lot of clunky details and tons of stuff in the middle. It was really cute.

I was tickled by references to the two Disney made movies about her life (I kind of wish she had complained about Nicholas in them) and that she hung out with Princes William and Harry. Those kinds of things are absolutely charming. The ending was also kind of like "Gift of the M
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• As You Wish (Christy and Todd: College Years #2)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • yolo (Internet Girls, #4)
  • l8r, g8r (Internet Girls, #3)
  • Belle The Mysterious Message (Disney Princess)
  • Belle's Discovery (Disney Princess Beginnings, #2)
  • Part of Their World (Disney Princess: the Little Mermaid)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • ttfn (Internet Girls, #2)
  • Cindy Ella
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
  • Pete the Cat: Out of This World
  • I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl, #12)
  • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2)
  • A Journey to the New World: The Diary of Remember Patience Whipple, Mayflower, 1620 (Dear America)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)