Start by marking “Surprises (The Administration, #2.4)” as Want to Read:

Manna Francis

Surprises

(The Administration #2.4)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  348 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Another short story from The Administration series. Toreth meets Warrick's ex wife and things get even more steamy in the bedroom.
37 pages
Published May 20th 2009

To ask other readers questions about Surprises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surprises

Penny
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-read-mm, reviewed
This was so much fun to read.

I love to see Warrick and Torenth's relationship grow and evolve. We see a softer side of Warrick here, more vulnerable. Also, I admit I quite enjoyed seeing Toreth jealous, he really has no idea what to do with those feelings.

It's funny that we are getting in the short-stories and novellas of this series, exactly what I missed in Mind Fuck (book 1). I have only read a few so far, but I am enjoying them very very much, better than Mind Fuck. They show us Warrick and
Baba
4.5 stars.

YOWZA!!! What a hot little read! It's fabulous! I really love the way Ms. Francis makes me laugh. It's totally entertaining and a boatload of fun! The "relationship" between Toreth and Warrick is developing slowly but steadily. My oh my, are we a wee bit jealous and overtly possessive, my dearest Toreth?? I do enjoy it though. Well, Toreth, my advice comes for free. Get used to it! Of course Warrick is not dumb and wants to know what crawled up his ass:

"I'm going to ask once more, and
Susan
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

I'm falling in LOVE with them! DAH!

Toreth is SUCH a girl...it cracks me up! Buying presents, getting excited to give them. Jealousy. Flirting. Possessiveness. Giggles & hiccups. It is so freaking adorable.

And Warrick...it's so sexy how he deals w/ Toreth...and also how he allows himself to lose some of his control with him.

Something kinda grosses me out about the fact that Toreth and Cele hooked up in the past. I like(d) her. I wanted to believe that she wouldn't fall for his advances. Ha!

O
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing

”I really don’t think we should start pillaging the refreshments for immoral purposes.”

Toreth and Warrick are all dressed up and out on the town for a SimTech event with demos, speeches, and yes—all sorts of fun, revealing, sexy surprises!

The evening kicks off with a gift from Toreth. A surprise that inflicts, inspires, and promises a night of wondrously, wicked, helpless desperation, moans, whimpers, and NEED. This is Toreth at his evil torturous best!

Once again I found myself savoring every M
Ingie
4 1/2 Stars - soon, I can say the words cute & charming about these guys

Just like some girls said, it just gets better and better.
‘Warrick looked at the box for a moment longer, and then lifted the lid. He moved aside the covering layer of packing foam, and then his eyes in the mirror went wide.

"Oh, my God," he breathed.’

This time it's a party at SimTech and the evening gets pretty loaded. Warricks's ex-wife shows up, it's kisses behind curtains, an old forgotten fling and Toreth begin to f
Shelley
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, whoa-steamy, m-m
***Spoilers ahead***

Oh I liked this one. It's funny and angsty and so very delicious.

Toreth is just so cute (don't tell him I said that) and adorable (or that) I could just eat him up (yeah, you can tell him that) I love seeing him all jealous, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Loved the surprises, ALL of them, especially the kinky ones. The introduction of Mellisa (or Lissa - stupid name)was a bit unnerving, especially since Toreth is present. Whenever someone new is introduced to Tor
Taylor
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
So this time, we take yet another baby step towards a commitment of some sort between the two MC's. We get the pleasure of meeting Warrick's ex wife, Lissa (which is the most annoying way of shortening Melissa that I've ever heard), and as a result of that, we get a jealous side from Toreth. Mmm, makes me feel all tingly ;)

Continuing onto the next story, I feel like I'm just waiting for the cards to come crashing down on my happy little parade. Its nerve wracking! That's probably the reason I co
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~~~

These stories are developing a nice rhythm. I like Toreth, which is not reasonable. I like Warrick, which is very reasonable. I love Toreth/Warrick!

I found myself relaxing into their relationship with fleeting moments of fluttery panic based on Toreth's discomfort. The glimpses of his dawning yet unacknowledged awareness are brilliant. These moments are so quick that they catch you slightly off guard and make the reading spontaneous and fun.

Very enjoyable.

~~~

Take a look at my Male/Male Roman
Lena♥Ribka
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, short-novels

3,8 stars

Steamy, hot, funny, sweet and very enjoyable!

JOY and PLEASURE pure!!!!

I liked the comment Warrick gave Toreth
"It may come as something of a shock to you, but it is possible to be acquainted with people-including attractive people-without sleeping with them. Or even wanting to do so. Technically, it's called 'friendship'.

The next one!!!

Julio Genao
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
A delightful take on the classic drawing room comedy.

Except with manacles and fucking.
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)

After six hours of foreplay with an interrupted fuck and minutes of adolescent groping, both Toreth and Warrick has finally moved their relationship from occasional fuck-buddy to something a little more solid. Although the hypocritical bad boy Toreth is still far from settling down with a singular person, at least now with Warrick's careful calculated nudges, they are heading towards a true relationship.

I love how Warrick's casual words could make Toreth all fired up...

Toreth: "How do you feel
Trix
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nina
I'm starting to get used to these stories' outstanding quality.
That's not good. I'm being spoiled.

Self-control, submission, possession, domination, jealousy, mind games and, of course, denial - all of the most mindfucking parts of Toreth and Warrick's relationship plus one more glimpse of Warrick's mysterious mind distilled in a sexy, amusing and twisted variation of the drawing room comedy, to use Julio's perfectly apt analogy.
Needless to say, it was fucking fantastic.
MaDoReader
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Maravilloso Toreth ❤ ...more
DaisyGirl
4.5 Stars

This one is my favorite so far. Toreth meets Warrick's ex wife and I love that Toreth (view spoiler). At the same time, I hate that Toreth (view spoiler). At least they're inching something that resembles a (view spoiler).

Sorry for all the spoiler tags. I know it's a lot more than others have put in their reviews but I'm trying to
Em
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm-kink, dtr, m-m, seriel
I love how with each of these instalment we're finally getting to see that Toreth actually has feelings and emotions.....like a normal human being! Getting excited about buying Warrick gifts, then the hiccups....OMG.....so freaking sweet!

Joana
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gosh, I fucking love Warrick and damn I love him and Toreth together. I loveee their moments together and I love seeing their relationship evolving. I had fun reading this one.
Camilla
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: online-reads

This is a short about Toreth, coming to terms with feelings of jealousy.. (Hell yeah!!) He doesnt want Warrick to have sex with anyone but him in the SIM.. But of course he cant just say that to W, so he just stops calling for 4 days, and doesnt take W's calls either.. Such a baby! ;) But of course, W, knows somethings up, so he confronts Toreth, where he finally tells him..

Later, Toreth feels like buying a gift for Warrick.. And with help from Sara, ends up choosing a pair of linked cuffs and
Jerry
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The sociopath Toreth and the masochist Warrick continue to "surprise" me. Toreth sees that Warrick is insinuating himself into the very fabric of his being and seems to be helpless in stopping it--even though he is extremely aware of each escalation. Toreth THINKS he is in control and Warrick THINKS Toreth is in control but it's actually Warrick's subconscious that is truly in control. Fascinating to see this all play out. Love all the ancillary characters as well. They play their roles superbly ...more
Sheri
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it

Nothing beats a good surprise.
Toreth chicks out again, afraid of his 'love shadow' that he is desperately running from.
Trying to convince himself (because he's not fooling anybody else) that Warrick is nothing more than a 'regular fuck'.
Shocking himself with such a thoughtful gift, hell shocking Warrick too.
Cele has something up her sleeve, not sure what? But something...
Her & Dillian are quite the team. Go team Warrick.
Melissa- what a bitch! Hope we see little of her in the future.
My o
Marina
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, m-m
"This is my body, my representation in the world, controlled by my mind. I can make it do what I want. What I tell it to do. This is my body.

Only it wasn’t. I was Toreth’s, willing and desperate and aching to be taken. Thinking about it, about bolts in the wall and blindfolds and Toreth fucking him in chains, blanked out the noise around him, leaving him scrambling for words when the next group approached."
Frau Sorge (Yuki)
It made me laugh. And I love them more and more.
Johanna
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! This short story had me grinning widely at first, but in the end it left me considerably breathless. What a perfect combination of very amusing, witty writing as well as steaming hot mind games and sex! I truly thought that this was a wonderful read with quite a few extremely intense scenes with the male couple (sorry, Toreth, for the "couple" expression). And the couple in question is fast and straightforward becoming one of my favorite couples ever.

Thank you, Manna Francis and Oh God.
Liz
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, scifi, short
Loads of insight into Toreth's thinking and his relationship with Warrick. His behavior is pretty amusing and I love how he protests too much about his feelings.

I am jumping around these short stories and meant to read Pancakes first since it seems to be the one everyone recommends you read after the first novel but I think that it's making me want to read more about these characters than less!
Lala
First read on December 16, 2014.
Re-read on July 9, 2015.

Another positively delightful novella in the Administration series. If you're reading this series - you absolutely can't skip these stories - they are crucial for the romance storyline!

This one hit all my happy buttons - sweet, funny, sexy..and jealous Toreth is adorable..and hot! **be still my heart!**

Loving this series.
Vicky
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awwwwww Toreth is changing along with his feelings and he's doing "boyfriend" things like buying presents!

I'm happy he's showing us his emotions (even if he can't understand them) by feeling possesive over Warrick - it's about time!

And Warrick...he's got it going on and knows how to deal with Toreth to keep him coming back for MORE

Loving these guys and their disfunctional ways :)
Katerina
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I love Sara and the ragged cat You Fucking Evil Bastard :)
Joy
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Custom made handcuffs and collar--perfect gift for someone who has everything
Ilhem
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manna-francis, m-m

Toreth courts Warrick with a romantic gift.:)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • El Presidio Rides North
  • Falling Away
  • His Holy Bones (Rifter #10)
  • Meatworks
  • Get What You Need
  • When You Were Pixels (Syntax #0.1)
I'm the author of The Administration Series, a near-future SF dystopia published by Casperian Books. You can find the series in paperback, e-book, or (partly) on line at the Mannazone website.

I've been writing original slash since 2002 — or homoerotic fiction, m/m romance, yaoi, as you prefer. Original slash is my personal term of choice because I feel it best represents my writing in terms of sty

The Administration (10 books)
  • Mind Fuck (The Administration, #1)
  • Quid Pro Quo (The Administration, #2)
  • Games & Players (The Administration, #3)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • Quis Custodiet (The Administration, #5)
  • First Against the Wall (The Administration, #6)
  • For Certain Values of Family (The Administration, #7)
  • Family Values (The Administration #7.1)
  • Blood & Circuses (The Administration, #8)
  • Corpora Delicti (The Administration, #9)