Start by marking “Sweet Sixteen Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Sixteen Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.5)

Sweet Sixteen Princess (The Princess Diaries #7.5)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  9,549 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews
Sixteen is the magic number

Mia doesn't always have the best luck with parties, so even though it's her sweet sixteenth, she doesn't want a birthday bash. As usual, Grandmere has other ideas, and thinks a reality TV special is just the thing in order to celebrate royally. The whole scheme smacks of Lilly's doing -- Lilly, whose own TV show is still only limited to local cab
Published May 23rd 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Sixteen Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Sixteen Princess

Jessica
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really good! I can't believe her grandma tried to get her on that show! Haha doesn't she know Mia by now? The party at end was really cute! Always wish these were longer!
Nasty Lady MJ
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
See my entire binge read of this book and books 6-7 1/2 here.

This is one is almost pure fluff, at first glance. But there’s really some subplots that play a huge role in book eight that rear their head here.

What I like about this one, is that despite being a romantic read it does focus a lot of the Lilly and Mia friendship. And I think that sometimes that relationship is overlooked or used more or less as a zany plot device.

But in this book, you get Lilly and Mia.

I probably won’t say that anytim
Erin
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: little-romance
I can't think of a single reason for this book to be published, other than a lust for money. It was absolutely pointless. I reserve one star ratings for books that I absolutely hate and would gladly throw in a fire, so that's the only reason you're seeing 2 stars.

PS. Michael is boring. It doesn't help that he's never part of the narrative.
Myndi
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, finally I feel a bit of sympathy for Lilly. I still really don't like how she treats Mia though.
Mia is turning 16 in this book and everyone has ideas for how she should celebrate and no one seems to care what she wants. Except by the end of the book we find out that most of Mia's circle of friends and family actually did care the whole time.
I also spy something curious happening with Perin that I've been suspicious of since she came into the picture. I also still have some questions about
Lisa
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Michael really wants to have sex with Mia (and each time she says no, he doesn't push farther) but I'm hoping she will eventually dump him. Hello Mia, there is someone else right in front of your face at your lunch table...

Also, as a birthday present from her family, she received the 'Fiesta Giles' action figure!! (She had previously sold it to buy Michael an original Star Wars poster.) But now that Mia is sixteen, she thinks her collection of Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figures is immature.
Lindsay Wilcox
Michael seemed like a horn dog, and Lilly seemed grossly out of character, too, but the ending was really cute.
Sophia
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is just a short sweet story about Mia turning sixteen and reviewing her past parties. You saw more of Mia and and Michael and how cute they are together and how Lily, even though she is mostly mean and rude, she really values her friendship with Mia. You also see something in this book that is actually mentioned in one of the main novels. Overall, I liked this book and it was a classic Princess Diaries story.
Amber Kestner
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, princesses
This book was great even the ending for Mia and Michael. Yes, Mia can get a bit out of hand but she does her best to handle such a rush of a moment including her own birthday. Love this book and recommend it even if it is a short book.
Diana L Sepulveda
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Sólo una pequeña historia. De alguna manera creo que siempre me quedo esperando algo más de drama en estos libros. Todo se resuelve muy fácilmente. Será acaso muy ligero para mí?
Neri.
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5. It felt like a chpter ripped of some 'Princess Diaries' book. Although it was ok.
Cassie
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: engl-420
Charlotte Kelly
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erica
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unlike previous novellas, this one had some important plot points, or at least characterization points. I'm speaking of Mia's demand of Lilly and its (predictable) outcome. It makes Lilly a little more sympathetic and Mia a little less, but I also think it's quite plausible and that Mia is going to discover some unpleasant truths about herself and how love dynamics work in your late teens. Lots of very not subtle foreshadowing here.
Liz Dupree
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the book! It was a tiny bit of a perfect and happy ending, but funny. I wish it was longer, and that it was easier to figure out what Princess Diaries book came next and before, but otherwise, a great read in the series.
Gebby
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lilly is a cow. Grandmere is a manipulative cow. Mia is a pushover cow. Everybody's a cow.
Julie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Short book = short review
1. Lilly is a bad friend.
2. For now, J.P. > Michael (shocker!)
Gaby Hernandez
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is short and sweet. The ending is pretty interesting.
Kailee
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun little installment

I have a soft spot for this series and these characters. This new installment was a fun addition to the story and I had a great time reading it!
Ava
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really cute book!!! I loved it!
Mabel
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
quick and easy. the story isn't dragged out
Becca Harris
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I almost enjoy these half stories better. There's less drama and they get to the point.
Suzanne Fournier
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
A good short story in the life of Princess Mia struggling to remain a normal American teenager despite being the sole heir to the Genovian throne.
Elizabeth
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Mia turns sixteen in the short novella. It was adorable and a fast read!
Samantha
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was...sort of unnecessary? Cute, but not needed at all. Oh well, filler and whatnot! I didn't mind it.
Rene Bahrenfuss
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh
Bella
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aww, wie süß!
Cathy
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a short novella that offered some plot points for the overall series. I did read it out of order and didn't feel like I missed out on anything when I skipped it earlier.
Ale96_CalS Paola
Christine Marie
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Princess, Romance, Teen Lovers
Recommended to Christine by: Disney
This review will be short because this is a half volume of the series.

Okay, well this book was semi-dissapointing. In most of the other half volumes, Meg was able to develop the plot AND wrap up the conflict effectively. I felt like the opposite was true in this book. I think that the book was promising until the resolution, which I didn't really particularly like.

Mia is turning sixteen and all her friends want her to have a party. Mia just wants to have a dinner with her boyfriend, Michael. Wil
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Mia, Princess of Genovia, is about to turn sixteen. The last thing she wants is a sweet sixteen birthday party, but it seems like that's the only thing her friends can talk about. While Mia is worried about how to get the administration at Albert Einstein High School to go less on the structured athletics and more on the personal exercise and health regimen, her best friend Lilly is still steaming over being passed up for her own show on MTV.

While Lilly stews
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Sweet Sixteen Princess 1 6 Oct 31, 2013 02:16PM
  • Three Wishes
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Date (Once Upon A Prom, #3)
  • Pie Girls
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • The Girl Who Invented Romance
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Dangerously Alice (Alice, #19)
  • When Irish Guys Are Smiling
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Silverlighters #1
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • The Pink Palace
  • If I Should Die Before I Wake
  • Pink!
  • My Perfect Life (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #2)

More about Meg Cabot

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99