Start by marking “Predictable Success” as Want to Read:
Predictable Success

Predictable Success

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  126 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

No matter what kind of organization you work for, whether it's your own small business or a global Fortune 100 company, your number-one goal is success. Predictable Success takes you step-by-step through a startlingly simple, intuitive, and universal process that shows you how to bring sustained, lasting, predictable success to your organization.

Find out where your organiz

Published June 1st 2010 by Greenleaf Book Group, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Predictable Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predictable Success

Mark
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book concisely lays out a compelling framework for understanding the overall issues of increasing complexity as an organization grows, and provides some useful insight into resolving those issues. An excellent book for anyone suffering from the growing pains of a small company turning big, or for someone watching a successful company suffer as it's strangled by the very drive toward systemization that allowed it to overcome the complexity that comes with being big.

I had the good fortune of
Jeff
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-book-list
Great book on the life cycle of organizations and how to stay in the success cycle. Some takeaways:

If you don't have the right people, it's only a matter of time before the money runs out.

There are 7 stages of organizational development
1. Early Struggle
2. Fun
3. Whitewater
4. Predictable Success
5. Treadmill
6. The Big Rut
7. Death Rattle

Organizations who achieve and stay in Predictable Success exhibit 5 main characteristics:
1. Decision-making. The ability to readily and consistently implement de
E
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informative guide to organizational growth or recovery

Entrepreneur and CEO Les McKeown prefaces his book with a tale of discovery – the story of how he uncovered the “Predictable Success” model. The personal anecdotes he shares in this section demonstrate his humility, as well as his bona fides. Perhaps more important for a book that aspires to show organizations both what they are (he says that every organization moves through a specific life cycle) and what they can be (every organization can
Sherrie Rohde
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I work at a startup and am involved with other companies that are transitioning out of that phase. This book made everything going on around me so much clearer as I can now understand and identify the different stages of the business life cycle the companies around me, and especially the one I'm at, are in. Not only that but I now know what predictable success looks like, how to get there, and how to stay there. Unlike many business books, Les' writing style holds my focus as it is full of perso ...more
Jordan
This book was much more geared toward start up companies than I thought. For me, someone who is a manager in an established, medium to large size company, the first 76 pages didn't apply to me. But if you are starting up a company, this would mean a lot more to you then me. Part two on getting to predictable success and staying there was much more interesting. I found the section on staying at the peak the most enlightening section of the whole book. This makes me want to read the other Les McKe ...more
Simon
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really helpful in understanding the life cycle of a business in advance, preparing you for what's to come when you're starting out in business is priceless. Well written, and some good diagrams illustrate the text. If you are or are thinking of becoming an entrepreneur you should read this book sooner rather than later (especially the bit about white water rafting, you'll be glad you did!)
Carolyn Monaco
Apr 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic high-level yet on-the-ground conversation that quickly diagnosis any business, anywhere, on a 7-point "lifecycle" model...and advises exactly what to do next for fastest success. I learned that "the business of managing of a business" can be simple and intuitive. I learned that getting advice from someone who is truly an expert is invaluable. And I learned that there are fast, powerful ways to move a business forward.
Matt Adair
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tremendously clear overview of the life cycles of organizations - incredibly timely and helpful as I review the past year and look ahead to helping lead our church towards predictable success in 2013.

This is an important read for church planters and pastors at any stage of their church's organizational development.
Mary Louise
Even an art geek beginner entrepreneur can understand this one. My husband and I have devoured this book. Clarity, that's Les McKeown's gift, and by all standards, that makes him a gift-giver too. We need more like him in business.
Anna
This book shows how to identify and manage the various growth stages of a business. It has more to do with management and organizational culture than starting a business per se, but nonetheless useful for the author's substantial experience as an entrepreneur and consultant to start-ups.
Jamie Notter
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, excellent book. The way it clarifies the challenges that companies face--depending on where they are in the growth cycle--was illuminating, both for my own organization and the clients I serve. I highly recommend it.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on management for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Alex Devero
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Every organization can consistently meet its goals, regardless of size, age or finances. It isn’t a question of luck, but rather a matter of carefully following a step-by-step process.
Michael
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first several chapters are quite good, describing the arc of a business and the troubles and joys at each step. The last few chapters become proscriptive.
Dick Ulmer
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent business organization advice.
Jason Galloway
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compliment to the other Les book
Anne Marie
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book about the life stages of a business. It isn't the old business school model, this is an entirely different way of looking at stages.
Erica Allison
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My go to book for sustainable business growth!
Drew
Mar 09, 2014
Lisa
May 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Management Rewired: Why Feedback Doesn't Work and Other Surprising Lessons fromthe Latest Brain Science
  • The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask about Your Organization: An Inspiring Tool for Organizations and the People Who Lead Them
  • New Rules for the New Economy
  • The Peter Principle
  • HBR Guide to Persuasive Presentations
  • The Secret of Teams: What Great Teams Know and Do
  • 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life: Living the 4:8 Principle
  • Finding Common Ground: How to Communicate with those Outside the Christian Community...While We  Still Can.
  • Parenting the QBQ Way: How to be an Outstanding Parent and Raise Great Kids Using the Power of Personal Accountability
  • It's Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business
  • Unleash!: Breaking Free from Normalcy
  • Forces for Good: The Six Practices of High-Impact Nonprofits
  • No One Ever Told Us That: Money and Life Letters to My Grandchildren
  • Zappos Experience
Les McKeown is the president and CEO of Predictable Success. Les has launched and managed over forty businesses and is the cofounder of an incubation company that helped hundreds of entrepreneurs launch businesses employing thousands worldwide. Since moving to the United States in 1999, Les has helped founder-owners, CEOs, C-level executives, and their teams identify and eliminate personal and org ...more
More about Les McKeown...