Start by marking “Passion (Fallen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Passion (Fallen, #3)

Passion

(Fallen #3)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  143,324 ratings  ·  5,937 reviews
Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way… .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this l
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 420 pages
Published June 14th 2011 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Passion, please sign up.
Renee Yup. I'm trying to stick it out though because I really liked "Fallen". But so far, this series is starting to lapse into frivolous details that actua…moreYup. I'm trying to stick it out though because I really liked "Fallen". But so far, this series is starting to lapse into frivolous details that actually don't matter and forgetting the details that do. Oh well.(less)
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
1,155 books — 7,132 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareDead Reckoning by Charlaine HarrisSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Can't Wait Books For 2011
1,217 books — 6,832 voters

More lists with this book...

·  143,324 ratings  ·  5,937 reviews

Start your review of Passion (Fallen, #3)
Cait
This review can also be found on my blog, Cait's Corner!

Shhhh! Do you hear that? It's the horrible screams of your money, doomed to spend the rest of their lives with the shame of having been used to purchase this book, and my poor ten dollars are among them. In order to keep your money from the same sad fate, I have quite a few reasons why you should not buy this book, which turned out to be a huge disappointment:

1. The Writing

Throughout the whole novel her writing is extremely choppy and a
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I want Luce to be with Cam!
I kind of think that this whole "love" between Luce and Daniel is just like the one with Elena and Stefan. I´m so sick of it. In my opinion Elena should be with Damon and Luce should be with Cam.
kari
Jun 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, 2011
Three books. Count them. Three. And yet in all those many many MANY pages, there is still no foundation for Daniel and Luce’s love. None. Not one. Oh, unless you consider his chiseled nose, his violet eyes, his firm chest, his rippling abs or his whatever to be a basis for it. This isn’t love. It’s lust. Lust, not pure, beautiful, eternal love that we’re supposed to believe in, but lust. One of the seven deadly, no wonder these two were cursed for it.
We’ve traveled back to the first place when
Lea
**SOME SPOILERS**

Sigh... OK, ready for this?

So, as you may know, the Fallen series is definitely not one of my favorites-- but I am inexplicably drawn to them like a moth to a flame, or a fat guy to a doughnut-- and I keep reading, in the vain hope that someday, somehow I will finally understand what was going through LK's head when she wrote these books...

so, here we go:

~Brief Summary~

At the end of the last book, Luce had had enough of absolutely no one telling her what the heck was going on
Inge
May 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Spoilers

Here is the short review:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the long review:

And the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, What the Hell Were You Thinking goes to… Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Good evening. I am here with Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori, the winners of the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, What the Hell Were You Thinking! Lucinda, how does that make you feel?

Lucinda: They
P
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“I’ll love you with all my heart, in every life, through every death. I will not be bound by anything but my love for you.”

Passion follows after Luce stepped into the Announcer. She wants to pursue her past and what she gets from it will lead her to the end game this time. I did enjoy this book when I read the first half, it's full of adventues, heart-wreching moments, and historical settings. Lauren Kate successfully delievered the story in Passion, she not only tried to present their undy
Nurlely
Nov 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Luce stepped into the Announcer, leaving her Daniel behind, trying to understand everything, and to destroy the curse. From Moscow to Milan, she travelled alone, had no idea of Daniel following her. Daniel was always a step late. In Moscow, Luce found out that all the angels, Cam, Gabbe, Arriane, Roland and Molly were also there. They had good knowledge of her fearful fate.

In Helston, England, 1854 she met Bill, a tiny gargoyle inside her announcer. Bill helped her adjusted herself with the curr
Andrea
Oct 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Review Below :)

Ooooo, the cover is out. It's... different.

Ok, this is definitely sounding like a prequel type book guys.

It might be the third in the series, but it goes backwards and covers 5000+ years....
But perhaps it covers those years as she travels, so it is them looking back, rather than a true prequel? So a hybrid prequel?!

REVIEW TIME!

Finished Passion in about 4 hours, so a nice quick read.

Three and a half stars!

Not to sure how to really review this book, as it was so very different to
Emilija
Oct 26, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Masochists
Shelves: 2011-reads, angels
Now this is what I call torture. I have literally never suffered when reading a book, like I suffered when reading Passion. This book really was a pain to read. I wanted to punch something so badly that I ended up taking a jog in the middle of the day to calm down because I am that furious with Lauren Kate. Lauren, thanks to you I damaged my brain not just by banging my head.

It makes me want to cry because I liked the first two books in the series (they weren't some epic books, but they were en
Ahmad Sharabiani
Passion (Fallen, #3), Lauren Kate

At the opening of the novel, Luce is running blindly through time, using Announcers as portals to her past lives. Luce is cursed to die every seventeen years and be reincarnated, but she has no idea what causes her continual deaths.

All Luce knows is that with every death, she is separated from her lover, Daniel, who follows her through eternity, falling in love with her again and again, in every lifetime. As Luce sprints blindly through time, she meets a small g
Zero vi Britannia
If you read this book,
Hope it gives you hell.
If you bought this book,
If you find a review
More than two stars
And you agree,
Then you're a fool
And them as well
Hope it gives you hell!

OK, this is harsh. But fun.
Saniya
Jan 06, 2011 marked it as to-read
Why do I have a feeling that this book is gonna be worse than the last book? *Sigh* Life of a reader is hard.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
2.5 stars. The Fallen series has always been sort of a hit and miss with me. The first book was fairly boring and emo, with the only redeeming factors being an interesting ending and an intriguing character (Cam). Sorry to piss off all the rabid fans of book 1, but nothing really happened in that book until the end. It was a lot of mooning and pining and boring conversations. For me, the second book was more interesting story-wise with less filler, but also featured less of Cam and more of new c ...more
Dora610
Apr 22, 2010 marked it as to-read
so...,a prequel.i don't know how i feel 'bout it.,i'm mostly sad cuz there won't be much Cam,he's the best part of the series.i fear i will have to read about 5000+ years of the "great love" between daniel and Luce.
Scarlet
THANK YOU GOD, I FINISHED IT!!!
This book sucks terribly.
Fallen and Torment were both really good books and I found the series got a little boring, predictable and disappointing.

Everything in this book got so confusing:
1. It has no plot at all!
2. Time traveling was literally so confusing.
3. Luce is dumbass: what on earth is she searching for?
4. How does Daniel keep changing his appearance in almost each past life? He´s immortal after all. He doesn´t die!
5. Why do all the other fallen angels alway
Iyah
Jan 06, 2011 marked it as to-read
***Cover Review***

This is the cover?

Are they serious?

Every year the book cover for the series gets a little more unlikable.

The Brown (eeew) clouds seems out of place.

The girl looks so fake. Her shoulder blades are very disproportional to her torso.

The hair looks filthy and her face looks creepy. Not the face that belongs to a heroine. It's not the face Daniel Gregory would fall for.

If there's one thing that I liked about the cover it would be the lower half of it. Just starting from the word P
◆✦✧ Jemz ✧✦◆
Apr 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels
Oh gosh I wish I was Luce!!!
Hayley
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Daniel & Luce. A love that spreads across eons of time and one that ends in Luce dying in a ball of fire each and every time. Except this time, something is different and Luce's on a journey through their past lives to find out why. Through ancient China, old fashioned England and Egyptian tombs Luce winds her way towards the answer she is searching for....

And then here is where my problems lie..
WHAT ON EARTH IS SHE SEARCHING FOR?
I know I know, it's all pre-determined and she had to do it to cha
Lazaros
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: angel lovers
“I'll always choose you." Yes that was the word. "Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have always chosen me. Forever.”

I was hanging on with my mouth open for most the time I was reading that book because of the time-travelling experience which was breath-taking and just constantly kept me on the edge. It's just what I wanted.

From the beginning of this series I've wanted to go back in time and experience every single life-time Daniel and Luce have been together and this book
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
Jan 31, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: insta-love-alert, meh
A thousand insta-love moments, are you kidding me? I think I'll pass *manically waves goodbye to the series*
description
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Posted on: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com

Could you believe my luck when I managed to get this book for review? I actually jumped up and down with excitement, I was that excited. As you all know this is one of my favourite series and boy, this book didn't disappoint.

After the events in Torment, Luce starts using the announcers to time travel back in time to find out if she and Daniel are truly meant for each other but also to see if she can break the curse on her once and for all. She th
Amanda
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-series
May contain spoilers or actually can it even contain spoilers when it still doesn't have a solid plot? (whatevz)

[In the voice of Joker)
Want to know why I got this headache? Well see I'm reading the Fallen series, the book has no plot, no foundation, I try to read on but it just gets worse. I'm trying to push to get through this book to see the end, but my brain doesn't like that.. Not.One.Bit. I put the book down the frustration in me is at boiling point and I can't believe I have spent money on
Sandy
I don't give a lot of one-star ratings, but WOW. WOW.

I wanted to scream, I get it! Daniel and Luce are in lust love. BUT WHY? WHY???

I'm still at a loss about what I was supposed to learn from this book. That Daniel and Luce are the most selfish couple of all time? That instalove trumps all?

You think it's bad reading about ONE Luce? Trying reading about a dozen Luces through the centuries. And hello? The gargoyle? What was Luce thinking?

Ugh. That's all I can say after slogging through this book.
Glass
Jan 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: angels, dnf
I don't know why am I even trying!!! This is the dumbest book ever.
Mizuki
Okay, so I found Passion, the book 3 of the Fallen series in library and decided to give this series another try. The first two books had given me little satisfaction, with the romance between the two main characters so paper-thin, the pace of the story so off-beat, the plot so shabbily constructed and the mythical and historical references being so water-downed (I almost wanted to say 'bastardized' instead of just 'water-downed', but it sounds a bit too harsh so I changed it), I just didn't dar ...more
Bella
Dec 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have a confession to make. I didn't like Fallen, the first book in the series, all that much. Luce annoyed me, and the whole thing to me felt like a copy of Twilight (which I loved, and everything else paled in comparison at the time). I've recently reread it, and I'm happy to say I don't feel like that anymore. And now, having read Torment and Passion too, I'm going to take back what I said and say that this series is awesome, and if you haven't read it yet, what have you been doing for the p ...more
Lilou
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
hayden
(scroll for review)

Fernanda's art was better for this one, too.

After reading TORMENT, I was seriously considering not giving this a chance. I mean, did Lauren Kate think smearing her crap over pages of a book and slapping on a cover of a jaw-dropping cover of a tall, skin-'n'-bones girl sobbing into her hands in front of beautiful grey scenery was a good idea? Yeah, no. TORMENT was literally tormenting to get through.

Thank God I have a two-book rule (if two consequent books in a series suck, I g
Elena Salvatore
“At last." He breathed into her, finding her lips.
"You found me," she whispered.
"Always.”

Luce finally wants to stop the curse once and for all but in order to that she must travel back in time, back to all the other times she meet Daniel and fell in love with him.
With the help of a mysterious winged creature she manages to travel back to every meeting she had with Daniel. Meanwhile Daniel has to travel back in time as well to bring Luce back. Everytime he arrives at a place, Luce has alrea
MissBecka
This fills us in on Luce's past in the coolest way...
By her jumping through time to "relive" it.
Awesome!
Who else hated this book?! 19 96 May 05, 2016 11:38AM
definition of bipolar 2 17 Apr 18, 2016 03:15PM
Buddy read time xx: Passion by Lauren Kate, oct. 2014 4 8 Dec 28, 2014 11:19PM
Addicted to YA: Passion 3 242 Aug 04, 2014 09:22AM
STUPID DECISIONS 3 42 Jul 31, 2014 06:29PM

• Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Night Star (The Immortals, #5)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
  • Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
  • Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
  • Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
  • Evermore (The Immortals, #1)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)
  • Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
  • Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
Lauren Kate is the author of the Fallen novels, the Teardrop novels, and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove, and her newest release, The Orphan's Song. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her family.

Fallen (5 books)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Unforgiven (Fallen, #5)