Start by marking “Wish, Vol. 02 (Wish, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wish, Vol. 02 (Wish, #2)

Wish, Vol. 02

(Wish #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  1,877 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
When Shuichiro rescues an angel he is granted a single wish. The problem? Shuichiro can’t think of any wishes that he couldn’t grant himself. Refusing to leave Shuichiro without granting a wish Kohaku, the angel, moves in with the young doctor to help out around the house and wait for a chance to return the favor. Of course, angels aren’t the only supernatural beings wande ...more
Published October 15th 2002 by Tokyopop (first published January 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Wish, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish, Vol. 02

Jerry
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is pretty much more of the same as the first outing, in both good ways--great artwork--and bad: skewed theology of spiritual warfare, occasional mild profanity.
Lör K.
This volume of Wish was unbelievably cute! I caught myself awwing out loud quite a few times.

I feel like the plot of the manga comes back to the angel seeing himself as a burden a lot. It's not wonderful, and the plot seems to change quite a lot - there doesn't seem to be a set thing and the whole "I have to wait for the human to make a wish" seems to have vanished from this volume, but it's still enjoyable none the less.

It's a slice of life, really, more a few days in the lives of those living
Dyah
In this volume, we get to know Shuichiro's mother (well, not his biological mother it seems). Her name is Hotaru, and she's not human (what!!). She's like a doll (supposed to be super-lovely) but I don't know why I can't get myself to fancy her.

I want to say that I feel sorry for Shuichiro because his house is "invaded" by 2 angels and 4 demons, but on second thought, he's been living alone, so their company maybe a good thing.
Leila Anani
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The second volume of Wish has Shuichiro's grandfather come to visit from Canada. He reveals that Shuichiro's mother disappeared and so Kohaku and mischievous demon Koryu time travel back 13 years to find out what happened.

Artwork is so cute!!!! Love this one.
Roo  Winchester
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Cuando el malo te cae bien, y el bueno es tan serio y tierno a la vez. Y todo es TAN Kawaii... Me está gustando, pero sigo sin entender cómo y por qué los capítulos son tan cortos.
Por otro lado me encanta ver los detalles que pusieron en Kobato, tomados de este manga.
A seguir leyendo...
Starbubbles
Oct 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
the cuteness continues! love it to pieces! but is it amazing? no. but that's fine. it's still a fun read
Yoyomaus Die Büchereule
Zwar hat der kleine Engel Kohaku den Windengel Hisui endlich ausfindig machen können, doch diese weigert sich wieder mit in das Himmelsreich zu kommen. Aus Liebe zu dem Dämonenfürsten Kokuyo hat diese ihr Dasein als Engel aufgegeben und möchte nun mit Kokuyo auf der Erde leben. Da Shuichiro Mitleid mit Kohaku hat, bietet er ihr und den anderen an, dass sie für eine Weile bei ihm unterkommen können. Dabei trifft Kohaku schließlich auf Shuichiros Großvater und erfährt so, warum Shuichiro immer so ...more
Madison
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Reading Wish after seeing Kohaku's cameos in other CLAMP works is a bit of a trip, to be honest. It's causing me to be retroactively impressed by series I've already finished, and filling up plot holes along the way. This just goes to show you how convoluted and lore-heavy CLAMP's books really are, you have to read a bunch of their serials before you can truly understand any one of them by themselves. Which is a lot to ask of a casual reader. But you already know that if you've spoken to even on ...more
Robin
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The sequel is just as good, if not better than the first book. I can't wait to read book 3.
Karen
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, manga
3.5
R
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New characters! Beautiful illustrations and still enjoying the story.
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Koryu is such a butt, hitting on Shuichiro like that. I like the mysticism of the story. So beautiful.
Jasmine
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GAH why be so cute for?

I'm planning to unpack my 2000s boxes of books and DVDs and other things sometime soon and I think this series may be due for a re-read
David Mugo
Nov 02, 2009 marked it as to-read
I would recommend this book to someone who has a great imagination and likes cartoons/anime and also someone who likes a good love story. Shuchiro was my favorite character because he’s a doctor who falls in love with an angle. I mean that doesn’t happen every day, for an angle to fall down from heaven, a doctor saves her and they fall in love with each other; in a way it’s kind of like Shrek. When the Ogre saves the princess and she falls in love with him. My least favorite character was really ...more
Marie
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, manga, romance, clamp, fantasy
Wish #2/4
☆☆☆

Shuichiro
Aku tidak pernah mengira kalau malaikat Hisui yang dicari si kecil Kohaku, melarikan diri bersama seseorang yang tak seharusnya ada bersamanya. Dialah Kokuyo putra raja iblis. Ternyata selama ini Hisui dan Kokuyo bersembunyi di dunia manusia untuk menghindari bangsa malaikat dan iblis, karena kisah cinta mereka. Seperti halnya si kecil, aku mengadopsi Hisui dan Kokuyo untuk tinggal di rumahku. Bukan itu saja. Ada 3 makhluk lagi, Koryu bersama 2 pelayannya yang suka menjahili
Mehsi
Review for when I re-read this manga in 2014:

Another lovely volume in this series.

It was a bit chaotic again, but full of fun and happiness. Also some strange things happening.

Really didn't like what Koryu did/tried doing with Shuichiro, it was just too sudden and weird. He never showed any interest in Shuichiro and now he wants to taste him and such... Nope.
Also Koryu looks more feminine than in the previous volume. Same goes for Kohaku, she looks more girlish than the last book.

Shuichiro's pa
Eden
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kohaku is an angel who was saved by human while searching for another angel on Earth. To repay his kindness, she wants to grant him a wish. He says there is nothing he needs. She has been with him for a while and she thinks finally she found a one to repay him for saving her.

I liked the first volume of this series, but it only got really good after about half way through. I decided to continue with this series and I am glad I did. I really enjoyed this volume. It is cute and very sweet at times.
Grey Liliy
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, fantasy, romance, loved
Another wonderful volume of my favorite CLAMP series! Re-reading this series has been wonderful and reminded me that it's been far too long since I last picked it up!

Volume two takes us into the past, to learn about Shuichiro's origins. The story about his mother and the wisteria tree never fails to make me tear up, and we start to see the beginnings of Kohaku's endless love for Shuichiro.

And of course, in the background Koryu is causing all sorts of trouble and our local forbidden lovers Hisui
Allison
While reading Wish's second volume, it occurred to me that maybe a manga can be too pleasant. Reading this is nice enough, but everyone is just so nice, from the servants of the devil who can only seem to work up mild mischief, for which they are promptly forgiven, to the sugar-sweet angels, who never seem to do anything bad unless it is for true love. The art is beautiful and the story is fun, but there's absolutely no tension or drama in this series.

I would have given this two stars, but the f
Nicole Lungeanu
Apr 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Miss Ryoko
Jun 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book, manga
Let the cuteness continue!

My favorite part about this manga series is the smaller type in some of the pictures! In fact, that is the case in most manga series! I especially love when there is an arrow pointing to a character with some sort of description as to what is going on! They always make me laugh!

Aren't Hisui and Kokuyo so cute!!
Coco
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A cute story about an angel saved by a young man and bound to him until he can decide how to spend his wish, and the difficulties with a relationship between an anti-social human and an angel with duties in heaven. Kohaku is charming, but I wish they'd have said why Shuichiro and Kokuyo looked so much alike.
Aisha
Jun 08, 2008 rated it liked it
I found this volume more interesting than the first. Maybe because I liked the story of Shuichiro's history. There were also hints as to where the series is going. I have an idea on how it will end, and I'm curious to see if I'm right or totally off the mark. (I hope I'm wrong; I love unpredictability.)
Vivian
Nov 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga lovers
The angel lives with him because she wants to fulfill his wish before going back to heaven.
Mya
Dec 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
the joy continues with the angel
Jenn
Feb 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-artbooks
Wish #2 by Clamp (2002)
Tatra
May 15, 2011 rated it liked it
A fun quick read, but I really love the characters.
Bridgett
May 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I loved reading the backstory about Shuichiro's mother!
Heather
Jan 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of CLAMP
Shelves: manga
... meh ...
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 6 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #6)
  • Fake, Volume 05
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 7: Maya
  • Demon Diary, Volume 05
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 4: To Bud
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 4 (Eerie Queerie!, #4)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 21

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya

Wish (4 books)
  • Wish, Vol. 01 (Wish, #1)
  • Wish, Vol. 03 (Wish, #3)
  • Wish, Vol. 04 (Wish, #4)