Start by marking “Trzy wiedźmy (Świat Dysku, #6)” as Want to Read:
Trzy wiedźmy (Świat Dysku, #6)

Trzy wiedźmy (Discworld #6)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  72,496 Ratings  ·  2,174 Reviews
Jest to szósta część popularnego cyklu o Świecie Dysku. Król Verence, władca Lancre, został zamordowany i snuje się teraz jako duch po zamku. Czarownice ocaliły maleńkiego synka Verence'a i oddały go na wychowanie aktorom z wędrownej trupy. W Lancre objął władzę okrutny książę Felmet z jeszcze okrutniejszą małżonką. Poddani nie lubią nowego władcy. Duch Verence'a nieźle mu ...more
Published 2002 by Prószyński i S-ka (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Trzy wiedźmy, please sign up.

Frances A Hat Full of Sky is a great book, but it's the second in the Tiffany Aching series, which while set in the disc-world is more aimed at children. The…moreA Hat Full of Sky is a great book, but it's the second in the Tiffany Aching series, which while set in the disc-world is more aimed at children. The first in the series is Wee Free Men. I heartily recommend it, and them all.(less)

Leslie
Apr 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How have I never read Terry Pratchett before? He's like ... Shakespeare and Wodehouse and Monty Python all wrapped into one!

A student gave me this book while we were studying Macbeth in class. Wyrd Sisters is a sort of parallel story, which manages to poke fun at the play, revere the play, make inside jokes about the play, and ... well, generally turn the play on its head. All the while, you, the reader, get to feel very smart and superior for getting all the jokes and allusions.

And yet it manag
Lyn
Dec 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shakespeare on the Discworld.

Truth be told, and all due respect to Rincewind, but I am partial to Sir Terry’s Discworld Witches. Granny Weatherwax returns from Equal Rites to star in another novel, this time in Pratchett’s 1988 entry into the Discworld universe, Wyrd Sisters, his sixth Discworld novel and the second to feature Weatherwax and her sister witches.

Nanny Ogg gives her a run for her money though.

Pratchett provides Granny Weatherwax with a return visit and introduces two of her sisters
Melki
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know the wizards have their fans, but for my money, NOBODY beats the Discworld witches.

Granny Weatherwax and her "cronies" try to dethrone an undesirable king in this adventure. To do it they'll need to mess around with time and even consort with...actors - gasp!

Here the gals summon a demon, with predictably Pratchett-like results:

The waters seethed a little, became very still and then, with a sudden movement and a little popping noise, mounded up into a head.
"Well?" it said.
"Who're you?" said
Trish
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a funny coincidence that my group started the Discworld buddy-read at a time that meant this 6th installment would be read in October of all months. How utterly appropriate.

And I have a confession to make: I think I have a new favourite. O.O
So far, my absolute favourite was Mort and it still is fantastic, but this book is at least equally great. There might not be deep messages about mortality, but the plot in Wyrd Sisters has a lot of other important topics to offer.

The story is that of ho
Bradley
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
There have been many great reviews on this old favorite of Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld, and I won't wax eloquent, (or otherwise), save to mention that it's full of Headology and Shakespeare references, between murdered kings and lost heirs and crowns and a mummer's farce and a showdown between Witches and the King, but even so, it's all fun as hell.

I think this is the first novel of the Discworld series that truly comes into its own... or the first one that Pratchett uses as the template for
Charlotte May
"When you break rules, break 'em good and hard."

Hm. I must admit I wasn't as taken with this one as I was with Mort.
Terry Pratchett's insatiable wit was still there, but I just wasn't as invested in this story.
Three witches - Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg and young Magrat keep to their own little coven and rarely meddle in other affairs.
But when three knights appear carrying a baby off into the woods they become suspicious, and decide to get involved.

"I reckon responsible behaviour is somethi
Joaquin Garza
Hay autores que uno termina no sólo respetando, sino admirando al reconocer que además de sus talentos narrativos se trata de personas poseedoras de una cultura impresionante. Personas que seguro tenían bibliotecas monstruosas donde uno podía perderse, y personas con las cuales una tarde de café se convertiría en una experiencia para atesorar. Personas cuya cultura permea por todos lados en sus obras y donde uno termina de leer los libros y dice: 'de veras éste está cañón'.

Los Alberto Manguel, l
BrokenTune
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
As the cauldron bubbled an eldritch voice shrieked: ‘When shall we three meet again?’ There was a pause. Finally another voice said, in far more ordinary tones: ‘Well, I can do next Tuesday.’

I just realised that I never finished writing a review for this one even though I absolutely loved it. Wyrd Sisters is the second installment of the Witches sub-series, and is Pratchett's version of what would happen if Hamlet and Macbeth had been set in the Discworld universe - which may just give you an id
Luffy
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The late Terry Pratchett was a hell of a writer. I thought one of my other favorite Fantasy authors, Brandon Sanderson, was barking up the wrong tree when he lauded Pratchett as a genius.

But, I realize now better not to distrust those in the know. It is clear to me that the author of Wyrd Sisters is a master of literature, with this book to prove it. A very great first half leading to a less than perfect second half makes me look forward to the Discworld books. It's queer how the first half em
Veronique
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stars-4-0, 2017
“It is true that words have power, and one of the things they are able to do is get out of someone’s mouth before the speaker has the chance to stop them.”

Granny Weatherwax is back! Our favourite witch is brought to the scene when a baby is dropped at her feet leading her and her covent sisters, Nanny Ogg and Magrat Garlick, to deal with the death of a monarch and his rightful succession. All this of course involves a lot more than was first thought, with the kingdom in disarray due to the ‘usu
All About Fantasy!: October - General Fantasy - Wyrd Sisters 18 11 Oct 21, 2017 08:12PM
/r/Fantasy Discus...: Links to Discussions on Reddit 1 39 Jun 18, 2017 01:11PM
Guardian Newspape...: March 2017 - Wyrd Sisters 12 16 Mar 29, 2017 03:18PM
All About Fantasy!: The Wyrd Sisters 6 15 Oct 25, 2016 12:45PM
  • Web Site Story
  • The Better Mousetrap (J. W. Wells & Co., #5)
  • Goblin War (Jig the Goblin, #3)
  • Myth-Taken Identity (Myth Adventures, #15)
  • The Sword of Rhiannon
  • Whispers Under Ground (Peter Grant, #3)
  • The Pinhoe Egg  (Chrestomanci, #6)
  • Something Rotten (Thursday Next, #4)
  • Legends 3 (Legends 1, Volume 3of3)

More about Terry Pratchett...

Discworld (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1; Rincewind #1)
  • The Light Fantastic (Discworld, #2; Rincewind #2)
  • Equal Rites (Discworld, #3; Witches #1)
  • Mort (Death, #1; Discworld, #4)
  • Sourcery (Discworld, #5; Rincewind #3)
  • Pyramids (Discworld, #7)
  • Guards! Guards! (Discworld, #8; City Watch #1)
  • Eric (Discworld, #9; Rincewind #4)
  • Moving Pictures (Discworld, #10; Industrial Revolution, #1)
  • Reaper Man (Discworld, #11; Death, #2)
“This book was written using 100% recycled words.” 789 likes