Start by marking “Stonegate Stables” as Want to Read:
Stonegate Stables

Gabriel Morgan

Stonegate Stables

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Against the backdrop of a horse stable in Texas, Sean deals with the lives and loves of his friends and neighbors as he pursues the biggest prize in show jumping and works to keep his own relationship strong and steady.
online fiction

To ask other readers questions about Stonegate Stables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stonegate Stables

Caroline Brand
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best book I have read in a while. You are involved in various peoples lives over many years and by the end of the book its like you have made a bunch of new friends. You will laugh and cry with them and when you have finished you will miss them.
Librarian Kate
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite stories ever; I sent my first fangurl letter to an author after finishing this, and was over the moon when Gabriel Morgan answered back! Will always be on my list of "books to re-read".

The story is first person, told from Sean's viewpoint, and is one of those "main romance with an ensemble cast of supporting characters" stories that makes you feel like you could totally drive to Stonegate Stables, and recognize everyone who waved hello to you. It's a marvelous journey of a rel
Emily
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I'd say 3.5 stars. If you want like total happily ever afters and want to save yourself a bucketful of tears, I'd recommend stopping at the last chapter and not reading the epilogue. I've got a question for those of you who have already read this, but it is a HUGE spoiler, so don't read if you want to know what happens in the epilogue.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, freebies
I absolutely loved this story. From beginning to almost the end. I couldn't put it down. There are so many characters to love and it has a little of something for everyone (including a little something horse-wise too (english riders/cowboys, etc.). There is an extreme amount of sex, but I found it only distracted from the overall story here and there and not enough to have a negative impact. For this reason, and because I was extremely disappointed in the epilogue which left me with more questio ...more
Silke
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved it - I'm a girl, horses are my thing.

I could have done with a load less sex, though! Does the narrator really have to jump into bed or pool or barn with one or more friends every chapter?

If one reads the novel carefully one sees that the epilogue doesn't make a lot of sense. Had it been a sequel, alright, but not when the narrator talks of being and talking with somebody till the day he's actually writing the story.
Lea
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I thought this was an excellent story even though the epilogue had me in tears for hours.
Tina