Start by marking “The Kindred” as Want to Read:
The Kindred

The Kindred

Could you abandon someone you love, leaving them behind with absolutely no memory of the life you shared if it meant sparing their life? Could you willingly surrender yourself into the hands of the one that wants you dead, if it meant your loved one would survive? And what would you give to see them again? These are the questions The Dante Family must face in The Kindred. ...more
Published August 22nd 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Kindred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kindred

Eugene Ortiz
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Kindred is a team of humans, demons, and nephalim formed to "enforce the Dominion's Referendum". This book is about the series of fateful events leading to the gathering of the Kindred and how it performs on its first mission of protecting the nascent Dominion Reformation from those who would destroy it at its core.

While I enjoyed this book and look forward to the next in the series, I had a couple of problems with it that the reader should be aware of. It is written in a rotating first pers
Deborah Cota
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
“Cota displays an aptitude for characterization, but her greatest gift is the power to create an absorbing story, keeping the reader engaged and wanting more.”
Kerry Lindgren; San Francisco & Sacramento Book Review

Is it wrong to give one's own book 5-stars?

Of course it is…but would you even consider reading a book whose own author didn't like it?

Maybe...but I really like THE KINDRED.

THE KINDRED isn't just an urban-paranormal story of a unique family trying to survive; it's a story of hope, of
Deanne
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is not my usual genre, but I really enjoyed the book and can't wait for the next one!
Chris
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good read and a page turner. I wanted to find out what happened to the characters in the story. Was able to read in under a week. Fun humor, unusual twists, and a great premise. In you like Sci-fi / Fantasy, pick this one up. It really deals with the importance of family. I am currently on book two and enjoying the tight writing and descriptions on familiar romps in the Bay.
Keith Minyard
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding, a great read, made my Christmas. If you like Anne Rice you will like this book.
Author Dawnette Brenner
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved "The Kindred." It's funny, heart-touching, a suspenseful, paranormal story. Paranormal fans, you must pick up this book!

The way Deborah outlines the chapters is unique, reminded me of the Vantage Point.

Deborah Cota's world building is fantastic. Her character's pull your heartstrings with this science-fiction paranormal novel about family, bonds and experiences that can take a family off course, yet remain in tact.

I thoroughly loved this book, full of action, love, friendship, heart ach
Haythem Bastawy
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Kindred is one of the most fascinating books I have read this year. I have always liked fantasy from a young age, but since reading Philip Pullman's trilogy a few years ago, I couldn't find anything that stood up to standard, until I came across The Kindred.

Starting to read The Kindred was like stepping through a mirror into.... read more on my blog http://www.booksbyhaythem.com/gold-du...
Danielle Goddard
Karen
Feb 20, 2016
vakilo
Sep 19, 2018
A ten year old girl reads a sign in the hall of her elementary school advertising a contest for Halloween stories. Inspired by the local Saturday night “Creature Features” show, hosted by Bob Wilkins, she writes a story about a traveling salesman who won’t take no for an answer, and his murderous final customer who drives him mad when the salesman’s severed hand keeps knocking on ever door he clos ...more