Start by marking “Totally Buzzed” as Want to Read:
Totally Buzzed

Totally Buzzed

(A Miller Sisters Mystery #1)

Trouble seems to follow Buzz Miller, and this time it finds her outside the town of White Bass Lake, Wisconsin, where the dead body of a neighbor woman turns up stashed under her mother's house! The retired detective is reluctantly roped into finding out "who dunnit."

In order to snag the bad guy, Buzz, along with her Biology teacher sister Mag, "The Maggot" Miller, have o
Published August 1st 2010 by Echelon Press Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Totally Buzzed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Totally Buzzed

Cathy
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Hilarious and murder don't usually appear in the same sentence but they have to when describing this book.
Buzz Miller is a retired cop. That doesn't stop her from getting in the middle of murder investigations especially when the body is found under her parents' house. Her three sisters begin by falling on the corpse. Their involvement escalates from there.
Compound this with a mother and her cohorts - the Senior Women's Action Team or SWAT - who insist on putting out picnic lunches, including va
RoloPoloBookBlog
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Let’s just call a spade a spade: I’m a funny person and I know funny when I see, hear, or read it. I also hate being told something is funny and/or good and it turns out not to be. I was told Gale Borger’s Totally Buzzed was quite funny and no one lied to me about this! The first Miller Sister’s Mystery, Totally Buzzed is an excellent read that is both funny and very cleverly written.

As a reader I’m generally looking for solid and interesting characters, witty in a book, right? Borger delivers
Karen Syed
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't been to White Bass Lake, WI and met the Miller sisters, you are really missing out.

There are times as a publisher that you wonder what you have gotten yourself into, this is one of those times, for a different reason. "Totally Buzzed" by Gale Borger is totally kick-butt whimsical. The story is solid with a good plot and a nice little mystery, but it's the characters that shine in this humorous romp.

You really have to wonder if murder should be so dang funny, but Gale knows her stu
Sophie
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I figured out this is a parody of the small town police procedural, and that the Miller sisters are supposed to be goofy and dysfunctional, then Totally Buzzed became less annoying and more enjoyable. And when I started understanding that the references to modern detective clichés were intentional, I would laugh out loud. This book is not for the serious at heart. And in order to enjoy the crime-solving aspect of the novel, you will really need to stretch the boundaries of your suspension o ...more
Jen Wylie
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My entire life has been spent between the covers of fantasy and sci fi novels.Though I've read a few mysteries, I've never read one that got me laughing as hard as this one did. I read it from cover to cover in one night and not only could i not put it down, I couldn't stop laughing. I had no idea mystery novels could be so much fun. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author!
Tanya
Dec 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, mystery
OMG the characters were too funny! Reminded me of my sisters :)
Jane Stewart
Lighthearted mystery with bungling acquaintances. Unfortunately the humor didn’t work for me.

STORY BRIEF:
Buzz is probably in her 50s, a retired small town cop. She has three single sisters, Fred owns a pet store, Mag is a high school biology teacher, Al is a bossy, self-absorbed publicity seeking librarian. Buzz’s mother and her geriatric friends listen to police scanners and gossip and show up at crime scenes bringing food and turning them into picnics. Buzz has two dogs who sometimes accompany
Bob Sanchez
Totally Buzzed is a lively murder mystery that's full of humor and potential.

A body turns up in the crawl space underneath a Wisconsin farmhouse, and the vic turns out to be a local woman named Carole Graff. Who killed the poor woman, and why? Luckily, retired investigator Buzz Miller takes on the case. She's smart but a little crazy, just like the friends and family who get mixed up in the case.

The story has all the elements of an intriguing mystery and contains plenty of interesting detail abo
Cindy Kerschner
Dec 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Totally Buzzed by Gale Borger is classic mystery-comedy spoof in the vein of The Three Stooges romps and Police Squad antics.

If you like your murders mixed with folksy shenanigans then a visit to White Bass Lake, Wisconsin is the place to go. Buzz Miller can’t seem to retire gracefully (or do anything gracefully for that matter) from the town’s police force. When a body turns up under her parents’ porch, Buzz sees it as her duty to get involved by assisting her ex-partner, Sheriff James J. Green
Nan Sampson
Apr 22, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a fine first novel from Gale Borger. I really enjoyed riding shot gun along side the main character, retired smalltown cop, Buzz Miller, and her collective family of odd balls, as she works to find the killer of a local greenhouse owner and finds herself embroiled in a case with international criminal implications. Set in the small, southeastern Wisconsin town of White Bass Lake, the story explores such varying topics as horse racing, gardening, and forensic botany, which Borger handles ...more
Scott
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining story that could have used some paring and some focus, in my opinion. I enjoyed the characters and was intrigued by the mystery. But sometimes it seemed to ramble. Maybe it's just me. I like my mysteries a little more focused, less distractions from either character development or from the plot. It had a number of very funny scenes and it was a well-plotted story.

I would consider reading other books by Gale Borger in the future if the opportunity presents itself. An asi
Gale Borger
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Totally Buzzed, Book #1 in the Miller Sisters Mysteries, is a wild romp through murder and mayhem in southeastern Wisconsin. The Miller Sister are a couple of comical cheeseheads and the town's little old ladies are wildly funny. The crime is heinous and the bad guys are seriously Put this together and you get one hilarious "who-dun-it!"

Ex-detective Buzz Miller and her high school Biology teacher sister, Mag "The Maggot" Miller team up to figure out who murdered the neighbor lady. The Miller Sis
Purple Osprey
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Well, in chapter 1 we meet characters and find the body, in chapter 2 we see in a psychic vision what happened. So what is the rest of the book for??
It's full of lame physical comedy, some fart and butt jokes and seemingly endless descriptions of what the dogs are doing at the moment.
The constable is brain-dead stupid and the bad guy is more evil than Satan himself, the ending is really bad.

Don't they employ editors or something these days?

Gale Borger
If you like murder, mayhem and hilarious characters, try this book on for size!

White Bass Lake: where the body is under the house, the brats are on the grill, the beer is in the cooler, and the Miller Sisters bring police procedure to an all new low!
Jane
May 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
think this was supposed to be funny. don't care for nonstop slapstick antics. read half, then was tired of it all.
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review on Criminal pages coming soon!!
Laurie Martin
Jan 11, 2015
Virginia
Sep 30, 2012
Melissa Neuberger
I loved this. I read it for the book challenge prompt about a local author. I thought it was fun/funny and reminded me of the Stephanie Plum series but not annoying. I appreciated the landmarks that I know, State of WI, Palfrey's Glen, Highways, etc. I am going to read more in the series.
Merry Ladewig
Jan 04, 2015
Jan
Oct 12, 2013
Rick F.
Mar 19, 2011
Diane Stavrum
Jun 05, 2011
Gale Borger is the author of the hilarious Miller Sisters Mystery Series. Gale brings to life the small town of White Bass Lake, Wisconsin and its wacky inhabitants in Totally Buzzed, a madcap romp through murder and mayhem. Second in the series, Totally Fishy is an uproariously funny tale complete with a pole dancing granny and two bumbling hit men who can't seem to bump off the right guy! Gale's ...more

A Miller Sisters Mystery (3 books)
  • Totally Fishy