Start by marking “İkiz Bedenler (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)” as Want to Read:
İkiz Bedenler (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)

İkiz Bedenler (Rizzoli & Isles #4)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  37,650 Ratings  ·  1,421 Reviews
Dr. Maura Isles, deyim yerindeyse hayatının en tehlikeli olayına tanık olmak üzeredir. Yüzleşeceği seri katil beraberinde çok gizli sırları açığa çıkartacak. Cerrah ve Günahkar adlı romanların devamı olan bu muhteşem gerilim romanında Jane Rizzoli serisinin yeni hikayesine tanık olacağız.
Dr Maura Isles, geçimini kadavraları incelemekle sağlamaktadır. Metropolitan City’de p
Published January 2010 by Martı Yayınları (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about İkiz Bedenler, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kim
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jean
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Body Double: The title of Tess Gerritsen’s fourth Rizzoli & Isles thriller is what it implies. Dr. Maura Isles returns home from Paris feeling jetlagged and irritated after a medical conference. Her flight was delayed. Her baggage was lost. Now she encounters a confusing, unthinkable scene as the taxi approaches her home. She can’t even get to her door, as the yellow police tape and squad cars block her entrance. Maura is not the only one who is shocked and bewildered. Everyone who sees her ...more
Paige  Bookdragon
Minus one star because of Maura Isles.That bitch...

description

Look. The book is okay, the suspense is alright, the gory things are fun, Jane Rizzoli has evolved into something tolerable and she's less whiny now compared to the first and second book, but let's not rejoice yet people. Someone just has to destroy my happiness and that is Maura.

If there's such thing as a classy slut, then you gotta give it to her. On the third book, The Sinner I was already giving her the evil eye because of her character. Le
Lain
Nov 30, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love thrillers, but I hate the type where every page is a blood bath, and the author focuses more on grossing out the reader than on trying to create a good story.

That's why I am so happy to have discovered Tess Gerritsen. She offers a page-turner that actually has a plot that makes me want to keep reading.

Body Double is one of my first Gerritsen books, but I wasn't hampered by the fact that I wasn't familiar with the characters. The author does a great job of making everyone accessible, whi
Fred
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Tess Gerritsen Fans Group Link - My Second Read

Click on the above link to review & make suggestions to other Rizzoli & Isles series reads.

Det. Jane Rizzolli is now 8 months pregnant & was married to Gabriel Dean (FBI Agent) by Father Brophy (in "The Sinner" book)!

Dr. Maura Isles returns home to her Boston's suburb (Brookline) home. Jane finds the dead body shot looking identical to Maura. The body's DNA & blood type matches Maura. Driver license issued 4 months ago lists "Anna
Paula
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a murdered woman turns out to be Dr. Maura Isles’s twin sister that she never knew about, Maura starts searching for answers about her biological parents. The more she learns, the more she wonders if some things are better left not knowing. This was a thoroughly captivating read with some genuinely chilling moments. Disturbing and a bit twisted, as well. It kept surprising me throughout.
Claudia / BeautyButterflies
Richtig Richtig gut!!!
Spannend und trotzdem mit genug Tiefe auch wenn immer etwas passiert und es kein bisschen langatmig oder gar langweilig wird. Tolle Charaktere und ein für mich spannender Twist am Ende den ich nicht erwartet hätte! Super Rizzoli&Isles Fall - Ich lese ganz sicher weiter 5 Bücher hab ich ja noch mit den Beiden :)
bookaddict
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: temmuz-2016
5/5. Kesinlikle serinin en iyi kitaplarından biriydi..O kadar akıcıydı ki...Akşam elime aldım ve 3-4 saat sonra kitap bitmişti.
Tess,sen nasıl bir kadınsın ya??!? Nasıl her seferinde okuyucunun ağzını açık bırakmayı başarabiliyorsun? Gerçekten,Anna'nın katilini öğrendiğimde ağzım bir karış açık kaldı.Aklımın ucundan bile geçmemişti.Ama sonra yazarın aslında bir sürü yerde ipucu verdiğini farkettim.Tüm o ipuçlarına rağmen farkedememişim.Ve kurgu gerçekten mükemmel ötesiydi.Gerilim hiç bitmedi kita
Aoibhínn
I just finished this book this afternoon and I utterly enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. I was completely gripped from the first page. The book is full of twists and turns and I was totally not expecting that ending! It was the first crime novel that I've read in a long time where I was wrong about who the killer was (I normally guess the killer correctly before I'm halfway through the book). I'm looking forward to reading some more of Tess's books in the future :)

PS: I also watch the TV show
Gary
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 4th book in the Medical thrillers by Tess Gerritsen.
I love this series the plots and the characters are carefully sculptured making an excellent read.
Brenda
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: suspense/thriller lovers
Tess Gerritsen has done it again! And this one was amazing!

Boston medical examiner, Dr Maura Isles, was relaxing for a few days in Paris after a conference before heading home, and back to work. When she arrived back in Boston, she discovered the airlines had lost her luggage, so after filling in lost property forms, she finally hailed a cab to take her home. She was exhausted from the long flight, so when she roused herself from the doze she'd been in, the cabbie was braking hard, and talking
Martha
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all the books with Dr. Maura Isles and Det Jane Rizzoli
J.R.
Aug 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
Dr. Maura Isles comes home to Boston from a medical conference in Paris to discover police investigating a murder just outside her home. And the victim is her exact double.

DNA tests reveal the murder victim is, in fact, her twin sister, though the doctor, an adoptee, wasn’t aware she had any siblings. Subsequent investigation discloses she and her twin were sold to a baby broker lawyer by a psychotic woman serving a life term for a double homicide. Could that woman be their mother?

The story proc
Neide Parafitas
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, leituras-2013
Num dia como outro qualquer Maura Isles depara-se com um aparato policial à sua porta e descobre o cadáver de uma mulher... igual a si! Um teste de ADN comprova que esta mulher é sua irmã gémea. O seu choque não podia ser maior!

Maura que sempre soube ser adoptada, pensava no entanto ser filha única e esta descoberta vai levá-la a querer conhecer o seu passado, mas estará ela preparada para trazer à luz segredos tão macabros??

Mais um livro de Tess de que gostei muito! Venha o próximo :)
Münevver
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bir seyleri tahmin ettim sanarak senin zekani kucumsedigim icin ozur dilerim Tess Gerritsen. Boyle bir olay yok. Cok iyi, cok!
Silvana (Por detrás das Palavras)
Quando este livro me chegou às mãos fiquei logo entusiasmada para o começar a ler. É uma série da qual gosto particularmente. É uma série policial, misturada com boas doses de suspense e mistério. Tenho um fascínio especial pelas análises aos locais de crime, a investigação criminal e o detalhe técnico da descrição das autópsias. Estas são características muito particulares desta série e reconheço que poderão não ser do agrado de todos os leitores.

É ingrato escrever uma opinião para este livro.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book in the Rizzoli and Isles series. I liked getting more background on Maura's life, although if I were her it would definitely be unsettling. Weaving past history and past murders to the current murder was an interesting plot and a good read.

My only complaint is I would have definitely liked more in the epilogue. Unfortunately in series like this there seldom is that thorough of epilogue with all the players in the plot.
Mark Harrison
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glorious murder fest in a great series. Any plot mention would give something away but Isles finds out about the dark history of her family, Rizzoli works some gruesome murders whilst eight months pregnant and the body count is high. Brilliant twists here and there and a high speed thrill fest from start to end. Darned good stuff.
Fergie
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being a fan of the hit TNT television show, Rizzoli & Isles, I felt drawn to the books that inspired the characters. Tess Gerritsen vividly brings Boston homicide detective, Jane Rizzoli, and medical examiner, Dr. Maura Isles, to life in the pages of this book. This is not the first book in the series, but one doesn't need to have read the prior novels to understand what's occurring in the plot. Gerritsen backtracks to prior knowledge when it's needed to discuss pertinent backstory. I chose ...more
David
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerritsen has done it again! A thriller that is high on suspense, tension and plot and low on the confronting gore that thwarts so many of the books in this genre.
Dr. Maura Isles arrives home from an overseas conference to discover police investigating a murder just outside her home. The victim is her exact double and turns out to be the identical twin sister Maura never knew she had.
This of course poses many more questions than answers for an adopted-at-birth person such as Maura. Why wa
Whitney
Jun 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book much more than the other Tess Gerritsen book I read, Vanished. This one was quick and entertaining. Unfortunately, I don't think this was the next one in sequence like I thought it was. She made references to things that happened in other books that I haven't read yet so that kind of ruined it. I can't read The Surgeon now becuase this book gave away the ending. I found Maura and Jane to be more likable this time around. I didn't know what to think about Ballard until the end ...more
Marla
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Another great audio book about Rizzoli and Dr. Isles. This time it was focused on Dr. Isles and her life. Someone is murdered outside her house who is identical to Dr. Isles. This starts a path that Maura starts to wonder if she should have gone down. There are lots of twits and turns and second guesses on who did it. It has a shocker to the end. There are some creepy characters and some characters you grow to like. I find while listening to this series I tend to arrive at my destination not kno ...more
Lewis Weinstein
I just read The Likeness by Tana French and now I'm reading this. In both, the story is about a dead woman who looks exactly like the main character who now has to investigate the murder. Strange. LATER ... the stories are totally different.

This was a solid investigative thriller, with some surprises. A quality read.
Carmela Masi
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up the thrilling pace of the first two. Whilst learning more about her history, Isles becomes the main character of the book and rightly so. The story is punchy and unexpected. Fantastic read.
Deimantė Levickytė
Tai ketvirtoji mano skaityta Tess Gerritsen knyga, dar viena iš Rizoli ir Ailz serijos. Kaip visada autorė įtraukia, įtampą išlaiko iki paskutinio skyriaus, paskutinio sakinio. Bendrai paėmus, istorija įdomi, du nusikaltimai, kurie keistai persipynę ir daugiau gauname informacijos apie pačią Morą Ailz, kitaip Mirusiųjų Karalienę. Tikriausiai, man pačiai laikas jau daryti pertrauką su jos darbais, o gal bendrai su detektyvais, nes šią pradėjus labai noriai, vis nerasdavau laiko ir dažnai noro tol ...more
Ana T.
I was thinking of pacing myself and save Gerritsen's books for a rainy day but the truth is that I can't resist them and one of these days I grabbed Body Double.

One of the things that I am greatly enjoying with Gerritsen is how she writes an opening scene that, apparently, has nothing to do with what happens next. I the previous book I kept thinking of that opening scene and wondering what it was all about. This time I already knew she was going to surprise me with a connection.

The focus in this
Merve Özcan
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kitap pek benim tarzım olmasa da güzeldi, anlatımı akıcıydı.Bir kitapta aradığım bir çok vardı.(özellikle sert kadınlar) Tek sorun olanları çoğu zaman önceden anlıyordunuz. Ballard'ın annaya aşık olması ya da Maura!nın annesini tekrar görmeye gidip babasının o canavar olması ya da Anna'nın Mauranın kardeşi olması. Biz bunları anında görüyoruz okuyucular olarak.Karakterlerin se bunu görmesi çok uzun zaman alıyor ve bu tür kitaplar beni sıkıyor.
Bu ufak kişisel olayın dışında Kitap Dönüşümlü olarak
Autumn
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Body Double opens with a beautiful day in Paris. Maura Isles is touring the catacombs, taking a break at a delicious café, and enjoying the last moments of her vacation. Little does she know what will await her when she arrives home. As a tired Isles pulls up to her home upon returning, she sees police and barricades. Seeing Jane Rizzoli at the scene, she goes over to investigate what is happening in front of her house. She notices a car with a dead woman inside. She sees shocked expressions on ...more
Shaikha
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kellie
-#4 of the Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series-This was an incredible thriller. This is a series that is getting better after every book. I could not put this one down. Maura Isles gets home from Paris and there are emergency vehicles in front of her house. The victim is someone who looks just like her. And so it begins. Rizzoli, the homicide detective and friend of Maura, is working the case. She’s pregnant which plays an interesting part in this mystery. The characters in the series are gettin ...more
Stacey
Jul 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
I had recently read 'Bone Garden' and wanted to read more of Gerritsen's books. When I got this book, I didn't realize it was the middle book in a series. It didn't matter though because any reference to previous cases (books) were not indepth enough to make me feel like I was missing a piece of a puzzle. However, now I have decided my next book in this series will be the first one; might as well read them in order now.
Body Double is the story of Medical Examiner, Isles, discovering who her biol
The Women's Myste...: Body Double #4 1 7 Aug 09, 2013 09:37PM
Tess Gerritsen Fans: Body Double (Group Read - October 2011) 38 62 Jan 01, 2012 07:14PM
  • A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County, #3)
  • The Next Accident (Quincy & Rainie, #3)
  • Grave Secrets (Temperance Brennan, #5)
  • Bones of Betrayal (Body Farm #4)
  • At the Stroke of Madness (Maggie O'Dell, #4)
  • Written in Bone (David Hunter, #2)
  • 14 (Taylor Jackson, #2)
  • Dead Run (Monkeewrench, #3)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...

Rizzoli & Isles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5)
  • The Mephisto Club (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)
  • The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10)
  • Die Again (Rizzoli & Isles, #11)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • The Husband
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00
“We are all descended from monsters.” 30 likes
“Even divorce, she thought, cannot erase all the bonds forged by years of marriage. Long after the papers are signed, decrees notarized, the ties still remain. And the most powerful tie of all is written in a child's flesh and blood.” 26 likes