Start by marking “Your Chariot Awaits (Andi Mc Connell Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Your Chariot Awaits (Andi Mc Connell Mystery #1)

Your Chariot Awaits (Andi McConnell Mystery #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  318 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
A new "cozy mystery" series featuring a woman and her limousine!

In the course of one week Andi McConnell turns sixty, loses her job, breaks up with her boyfriend, and receives an unexpected inheritance from an eccentric rich uncle--a sleek black stretch limousine with bulletproof windows. She knows it's totally impractical--yet the limo has an allure that Andi can hardly r
Published October 7th 2007 by Thomas Nelson

Norma Budden
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A riveting read with a subtle spiritual message.

This is the first book of Lorena McCourtney's series featuring female sleuth, Andi McConnell - who inherited a limousine and lost her job the same week that she turned 60. She was sure her uncle had flipped a coin to decide who got what when he died but, in the long run, she finally accepted the limo as her own.

It wasn't long before she decided to establish her own limo service; soon afterward she started receiving clients. However, one such client
Elaine
A light-hearted book that was funny at times. Andi is let go from her job, her boyfriend breaks up with her, and she is given a limousine from a great uncle - all in the same day. After her ex is found in the trunk of her new car, she is a prime suspect. She and her friend get together to try to find the real killer. Thankfully the limousine had bullet-roof windows which saved her from the real killers, but also enabled her to solve the case.

pg 79 - I try to open the door, but you have to step t
Cathy Daniel
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! The writing is so fun and many hilarious and clever situations. The characters are so likable. I guessed the ending before the ending but seriously one doesn't read light hearted cozies with amateur sleuths for heavy detecting. This book was fun and exactly as expected!
Meagan
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a hysterical book! Plenty of LOL moments, and twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the end. Andi may be my favorite heroine so far in Lorena McCourtney's books.
Elaine
Sep 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I like this almost 60-year old Andi character. Andi inherits a limousine from a wealthy uncle the same week she loses her job and her boyfriend leaves her when he gets promoted and finds an email female interest.

Andi's b'day is here which isn't in her thoughts until she's reminded by her neighbor and friend, Joella. After all, Andi wakes up to a dog barking. She goes out to check on something and it goes down hill from there.

There's nosy neighbor Tom and his binoculars which he aims at all the
Janice
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a Christian based cozy romance mystery that my Mom gave me to read. I really didn't like the main character, Andi McConnell, who just turned 60, lost her job and boyfriend and inherits a limousine from an eccentric rich uncle. She then becomes a suspect when a dead body is found in the limousine's trunk. Now she is going to attempt to find the killer with the help of a new acquaintance and former television P.I. actor. It sounds like a funny story but I just couldn't believe in Andi as ...more
Sheila Becker
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I didn't dislike the Ivy Malone series, (I even liked it, actually) but for some reason, I enjoyed this one a lot more. The only reason I figured out "who dunnit" was because it was the only person we were introduced to that seemed to have no connection to the murder and I still had no idea why, until it was revealed. And I have the rest of the series and went right on to start the second book, which is always a good sign.
Susan
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christian as well as mystery readers
Andi loses her job and her boyfriend on the same day, the week of her sixtieth birthday. But something good, if strange, also happens--she inherits a limousine from an unknown, eccentric uncle. Then she finds her ex-boyfriend's body in the trunk of the limo, making her the leading suspect in his death. Helped by her pregnant, Christian tenant and a new friend who once played a detective on television, Andi sets out to clear her name and reclaim her limo from the police.
Yvensong
Cozy mysteries are usually not my favorite genre to read, but this was charming and entertaining. The protagonist is turning 60, and amidst an already lousy day, discovers (with a couple of officers) the dead body of her ex-boyfriend/ex-coworker in the trunk of her newly inherited limousine.

The characters are fun to follow as they work their way to figuring out who and why Jerry was murdered.
Sharon Huether
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, christian
When Adi turned sixty, she experiences many changes in her life. She lost her job. She broke-up with her boyfriend and inherited a black Limousine from an Uncle, she hardly knew.
A day after she got her limousine, she finds her former boyfriend dead in the trunk of the limousine.
Now she helps to uncover the killer.
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Missing Mabel
  • The Final Crumpet (Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)
  • Dread Champion
  • Try Fear (Ty Buchanan)
  • Fatal Deduction
  • Nipped in the Bud
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • The Last Target
  • Sacred Trust (Er Trilogy, #1)
  • Hide & Seek
  • Died in the Wool (Hometown Mysteries)
  • Double Vision
  • Material Witness (Shipshewana Amish Mystery #3)
  • A Place to Come Home to (Whispering Pines)
  • Chosen

Andi McConnell Mystery (3 books)
  • Here Comes The Ride (Andi Mc Connell Mystery #2)
  • For Whom the Limo Rolls (The Andi McConnell Mysteries, #3)