Start by marking “The Heiress Bride” as Want to Read:
The Heiress Bride

The Heiress Bride

(Sherbrooke Brides #3)

The third Bride novel is a charm—from the #1 New York Times bestselling author.

Sinjun Sherbrooke is bored with the London season, until she spies Colin Kinross across a crowded dance floor—and offers to be his bride...
Audio CD
Published February 20th 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published July 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Heiress Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heiress Bride

Start your review of The Heiress Bride
Dina
Mar 23, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Elaine
Zoe
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been on a re-read kick and this is another re-read of Catherine Coulter for me. She has a distinct style: very crude sex scenes, big men who could compete in the world's biggest asshole contest, small women who fight like wild cats if their husbands are threatened, male villains with outrageous hints at their "overly feminine" qualities, rape or at least forced intercourse or rough sex as punishment for females. I have read many of her books in my youth and did not grow up to think it's o ...more
Jen Warren
Aug 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, historical, romance
D N F

I made it to fifty percent, and let me tell you - that was one hell of a struggle.

This book was originally intended to close Catherine Coulter's Brides Series. The first three novels (in what later became a much longer series) featured a set of siblings, each with their own happily-ever-after. To be honest, I had some problems with the first two books. I thought the heroines took too much, the heroes dished out too much, and the resolutions were poorly crafted. I probably shouldn't have eve
Persephone Zahariou
Dnf 30% Why 2 stars and not 1? The author writes well.

The heroine female protagonist: Idiot teenage rich girl get fascinated with stranger. Idiot rich teenage girl buys stranger. Reading her stupid puppy crush is beyond anything I can stand. She's juvenile, disgusting and one of the stupidest characters ever. Then we have:

(view spoiler)
Carolyn
Re-reading. I did not like the beginning and the way Colin treated Sinjun. Sinjun, as in the two previous books, was a treat! She never gave up on the fool and cleverly shows him the error of his ways. Alex and Sophie from the two previous books, as well as Douglas and Ryder, their respective husbands, were a welcome addition. Ah, yes, having read this book many years ago, my reading palate has changed.
Love Butterfly
Well, where should I start..........

At first I thought Sinjun (heroine) was mentally ill. She became crazy about Collin at first encounter because he was very good looking. She literally throw herself at him. I was hoping may be her family were abusive so I could pity her but her family was wonderful and very kind to her. She proposed Collin who only married anyone for money. Sinjun older brother Douglas recevied a letter regarding Collin's first wife who was murder (by Collin...). When Douglas
Ar.mi
What can i say about this novel? That it infuriated me to the point of wanting to hit the hero in the head and punch the heroine? While i do understand the reviews about the hero being a jerk and a possible rapist, i don't understand the liking on the heroine. Jesus, what a spoiled, idiot , too stupid to live brat she was. I don't care about this kind of female carachters. Doing stupid things,lying and putting themselves and other people in danger, not listening to common sense and all this beca ...more
Mo
For a time back in the 80’s & 90’s, my reading material of choice was frequently bodice rippers, historical fiction, and regency romances with a few contemporary best sellers thrown in for good measure. Most of them were pretty steamy (blush) &/or overly romantic, but I read them during a time in my life when I found myself as a single parent, and these books fit the bill. I found them to be highly entertaining.

I recently donated a slew of them, but I wanted to catalog them all the same. So if
Miss Lily
Mar 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Read" the Audio CD version. Enjoyed this a damn sight more than "The Hellion Bride," which had me wanting to kill Sophie and Ryder, both of them, less than a third of the way in. After having read (or listened to) a number of other books where our heroine is a side character, and/or a young'un, hearing her story as an adult was a lot of fun. (And I say again, what IS it with Sherbrooke and Sherbrooke-associated males abjectly bungling their wedding nights?)

Listening to the book in Audio format
Rose
Oh, perfect, this time not only the hero (?) has no morals,neither does the heroine! The things I liked about this book were the funny parts with Sinjun's insane family, and how her odd husband insists on calling her Joan... Otherwise this was kind of epic fail, and I don't recommend it to anyone,because it is a bad book. It has bad language,immoral people, rapists, illicit relations, and bad examples of marriage. It needed too much editing to make it worth finishing.
Haley
Sep 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have a lot of feelings: http://ilayreading.com/2016/08/08/the...

This is apparently the continuation of a three part series. Definitely won’t be going back to find the others–I can only imagine what happens in those. Quick check to my TBR to make sure I don’t have anything else by this author. Hello, rape is not sexy, empowering, or loving.
Rose
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish this book.
I found Colin Earl of Kinross a deceitful liar. Read this book back in 2003 and didn't mind it but got to chapter 7 and couldn't go on. He failed to tell Sinjun that he has two kids!
Tani
Apr 29, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty bad, to be honest. Lots of rape-y scenes. Lots of idiocy passed off as period authenticity and precociousness. I definitely wasn't a fan.
Sue
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coulter does an excellent job of developing her characters. I enjoy her female characters immensely! They are spunky and independent. In the 3 Sherbrooke books that I've read, the male characters are autocratic, cranky, and prideful. The fact that they are loved so deeply by their respective wives is incredible. This book had good action, and the plot develops at a good pace. The villain of this story is a surprise. I enjoyed it all.
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
Sinjun is awesome.

I was so excited for Sinjun's book! She was one of my favorite characters from the first two books and her book did live up to what I loved most about her.

Didn't care for her husband too much at times but the author does seem to make the men in her books very rude and overbearing. Perhaps it's an accurate reflection on the past though and is easy enough to overlook most of the time.
Lobna
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fic-history
I think the whole series quite the same in the moving of events nothing shocking or new and the plot was moving with same boring way. The same independent woman and the stubborn man who doesn't make most of the times anyway it was interesting I love Scotland stories but this wasn't good enough but I did enjoy it at some point. but no more books in this series.
kookyquinn
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO much better than book 1! I skipped book two cause it sounded gross but this one was exactly as awesome as I'd hoped!

Loved both the hero and the heroine, kept me interested and even took a surprise turn I did NOT see coming!

It was an Alladin type story which was so cool. Princess turns her poor hero into a prince type story. Super fun!
Gerry Bates
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this third story.

This book wraps up the story of the three original siblings: Douglas, Ryder and Sinjun. This one tells how Sinjun moves from a nineteen year old child to a married step-mother of two. Plenty of mystery, danger and suspense added in for the ride. Very entertaining. Couldn't stop reading for two days!
Cindy Miller
Sinjun (Joan) and Colin are one of my favorite couples in this series, love the suspense and mystery surrounding them and it's was great seeing cross over characters, Douglas, Alex, Ryder and Sophie in this story, love the Sherbrooke family.
Blue Rose
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series so far. The characters were lively and engaging, the settings were vivid and picturesque, and the story was well plotted with a good pace. I can't wait to read about more of these people.
Tonya Lucas
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good ending to this trilogy, not as good as 2nd book, but it tied all three books up. Regency is nit my genre, so if you love Regency then you would probably enjoy more than I did.
Deborah
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read in 2018. Published in 1993. I think romance as a genre has moved on; rape is no longer okay. It's a cracking story, but. . .no.
Terry Mcmullen
I enjoyed.
Mara Pemberton
Read this book a long time ago.
Jen
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not terrible. Not phenomenal. Kept my interest though! I want to finish the 11 book series to see it all play out.
Brenda Allen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Bride series, Can't put them down and when I'm done i want more.
Phylisha Stone
Just OK. The characters and plot just did not do it for me.
Mindy Cossins
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed character of Sinjun and her story after first couple of books in this series were about her brothers
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
Really enjoyed this book. Enough to give away my hard copy and get it in Kindle format. For keeps
VaultOfBooks
By Catherine Coulter. Brides #3. Grade: D.
Dear Reader:
Welcome to the exciting conclusion of the English Regency Bride Trilogy, The Heiress Bride.
You met Sinjun Sherbrooke in the The Sherbrooke Bride and in The Hellion Bride, a delightful, quite endearing fifteen-year-old who, I hope, charmed your socks off.
Now she’s nineteen, blessed with Sherbrooke blue eyes, wit to burn, and a wonderful sense of humor. She is also bored with the London Season until she spies Colin Kinross, the Scottish earl of
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Wild Pursuit (Duchess Quartet, #3)
  • Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze, #2)
  • Dark Angel / Lord Carew's Bride (Stapleton-Downes, #3-4)
  • Married in Haste (Marriage, #1)
  • The Ideal Wife (Stapleton-Downes, #1)
  • Forever Betrothed, Never the Bride (Scandalous Seasons, #1)
  • The Lady Chosen (Bastion Club, #1)
  • Nicholas: Lord of Secrets (Lonely Lords, #2)
  • The Hazards of Hunting a Duke (Desperate Debutantes, #1)
  • The Accidental Bride (Bride, #2)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Griffin Family, #2)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • The Temporary Wife
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • Almost Summer (Fool's Gold, #6.2)
  • A Slight Indiscretion (Rogues & Gentlemen #12)
  • The Bridegroom Wore Plaid (MacGregors, #1)
  • Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2)

Sherbrooke Brides (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Sherbrooke Bride (Brides, #1)
  • The Hellion Bride (Brides, #2)
  • Mad Jack (Brides, #4)
  • The Courtship (Brides, #5)
  • The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)
  • Pendragon (Brides, #7)
  • The Sherbrooke Twins (Brides, #8)
  • Lyon's Gate (Brides, #9)
  • Wizard's Daughter (Brides, #10)
  • Prince of Ravenscar (Brides, #11)