Start by marking “The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island (A Blossom Street Novel)” as Want to Read:

The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island (Summer Island contains 0.5)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  2,321 Ratings  ·  235 Reviews
The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First WishComing UnraveledReturn to Summer Island (Mira Novel)
Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by MIRA (first published January 1st 2011)

Leah
Mar 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leah by: NetGalley
THE KNITTING DIARIES - 3.5 STARS

"The Twenty-First Wish" by Debbie Macomber - 3 stars

This is the first thing that I've ever read by Debbie Macomber. I've never really been too interested in reading her books so it was nice to get a little feel of her writing from this novella. I would say that this one is definitely a nice story, but it wasn't really for me. Everything just felt too...neat.

"Coming Unraveled" by Susan Mallery - 5 stars

"Coming Unraveled" is the story of Robyn and T.J., and if sort
Susans book review (susan miles)
I love a good knitting fiction book, I loved the 3 stories about 3 couples love life and there love of knitting
SmartBitches
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

For me, knitting is a comfort activity. It stimulates me creatively, but the repetitive motions of knitting and purling are incredibly soothing. I don’t knit as much in the summer, but now that fall is upon us (at least, it is here), I want the cozy feeling of curling up with a movie and my latest knitting project.

When I picked up The Knitting Diaries, I was hoping for the same feeling of coziness. Normally I don’t read a lot of sweet contemporaries, but
Kelly
I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with Anne Marie & Ellen from one of my favourite Debbie Macomber stories Twenty Wishes. The story was fast paced, heartwarming and the emotions felt by the characters were believable.

I look forward to reading more by Susan Mallery in the new year, and author whom I'd never experienced before. Her story Coming Unravelled was a very cosy read, and very reminiscent of Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series.

Christina Skye's story was an okay read, but didn't mak
Melissa
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favorites
This is a wonderful book with 3 stories!

If you loved Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macmber, you will love the first story called
The Twenty First Wish!

I enjoyed Coming Unraveled by Susan Mallery - a great romance "sizzling" in a Knitting store!

The last story is by Christina Skye - describing a romance between Caro and a handsome Marine she meets while staying with her Grandmother, I loved this story, and plan on looking for more books by
Christina Skye.
Norma
Mar 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful set of short stories all brought together under one common theme – the love of knitting. I never learned to knit or crochet because I just wasn’t coordinated to do it. My mom, however, would sit for hours on end with needle and yarn in hands.

At the start of each story, there is a knitting pattern provided that ties in with the story. I can’t judge if they are simple or not because I don’t knit. But they did sound very interesting.

Twenty-One Wishes by Debbie Macomber

I have
Ruth
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it

What could an anthology of three short romances by these authors be but sweet? All feature knitters, and all three stories are preceded by knitting patterns. The Twenty-First Wish is the continuation of Macomber's Twenty Wishes (my review) and like Macomber's recent work, it is squeaky clean. With its short length, I didn't really get a feel for the characters, but since I "knew" them from Twenty Questions, it wasn't a problem. Without that background, it is simply a predictable story with an ov
Marian
Dec 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
To my knowledge, I've never read anything by any of these authors, but I was sitting in the car waiting for someone to make it out of the grocery store and I needed something to read. Normally I start books that way and never finish them because they aren't my kind of book, but these stories were fluffy and sweet and had enough tension to keep things moving. I have no idea if they add anything to the series they're set in, but each story is very easily read and understood without having previous ...more
Kelly
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
If I had known this book was a collection of three cheesy romance stories when one of my knitting buddies offered to lend it to me, I would have declined. The stories are hopelessly formulaic - young single woman with some sort of tragedy in her life (the only things that got her through was knitting!!!) meets a young man with an equally tragic past and they fall instantly and madly in love, but both of them are too damaged to admit it until they simply can't contain their epic emotions any long ...more
Mayda
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallery, and Christina Skye each contributed a story to The Knitting Diaries, the common link being knitting. The best story by far is Macomber’s. If you are looking for a summer beach-read that won’t interfere with your afternoon snooze, this is the book for you. The stories are shorter than the average novel, and perhaps that is why they lack character development and a more involved plot. But if all you want is a bit of a problem along the way to a happy ending, you may ...more
Gulen
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bu kitabı sadece ilk öykü için, Debbie'nin Twenty Wishes ve Summer on Blossom Street'e ek öykü olan 21st Wish için okudum; ancak hazır başlamışken 2. ve 3. öyküyü de okuyayım dedim. Daha önce hiç okumadığım haklarında hiç bir fikrim olmayan yazarlardan Susan Mallery fena değildi de, Christina Skye'ın hikayesi beni çok sıktı. Romance ve Contemporary'de dram olması janrların gerekliliklerinden ama son hikayedeki gibi dram üstüne dram üstüne dram beni sıkıyor.
Amy Pfeiffer
Apr 23, 2011 rated it liked it
I would have given this one more star if the Debbie Macomber story wasn't included in the book. I could barely finish her story. I didn't feel a connection with any of the characters, I didn't care who the main character ended up with, and I felt like this story was a meager continuation of a story that had already been written.

The Susan Mallery story was my favorite of the three, and the Christina Skye story was very good too.
Cathy Daniel
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I hope this isn't unfair. I only read the first story and I'm not a big fan of short stories, so for that it's only a 3 star for me. At least she ended up with the right guy!
May 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have finished The Knitting Diaries and found I really enjoyed each story.
Katie Leversuch
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
REVIEWS CONTAIN SPOILERS!

Addition: Review e-book from netGalley

Genre: Female fiction, romance

Rating: 4 out of 5

This is a collection of short stories, written by prolific chick-lit authors Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallery and Christina Skye.

Debbie Macomber

Knitting is a way of life: The Twenty-First Wish by Debbie Macomber

Anne Marie Roche and her adopted daughter, ten-year-old Ellen, have each written a list of twenty wishes - on which they included learning to knit. But Ellen has quietly added a tw
Evelyn Wilson
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook-books-read
This was not what I expected. There are multiple stories. First Ellen was adopted by Anne Marie with The Twenty-First Wish. Second is Coming Unraveled with Robyn and her grandmother. T.J. Then there is Caro getting hit by a green van in Return to Summer Island.
Pat
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice story with interesting characters. A good summer, beach read.
Chris
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this anthology. Each story was a stand alone but shared the knitting theme. My favorite was by Christina Skye...I didn't want her story to end.
Donna
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purchased
Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallory and Christina Skye all inside one book - can't get much better than that! Three great stories I couldn't put down.
Melissa
May 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to be honest I only made it through Christina Skye's part.
Lisa
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I love these anthologies! This one was great. The authors all have similar yet different styles and each story made to want there to be more! Now while I don't knit, I have zero patience, I like that this is what links the stories.

The Twenty-First Wish by Debbie Macomber

I was most excited about this section of the book. I have read all of the other books about the women on
Blossom Street
and have fallen in love with their story. This book start with Anne Marie Roche signing papers on he
Jeanine Lent
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
"The Knitting Diaries" was made up of 3 stories, each one by a different author. The first story was "The Twenty-First Wish," by Debbie Macomber. It is part of the Blossom Street series, & should, ideally, be read after you read the book "Twenty Wishes." In that novel, a group of women decide to make lists for themselves of, what else, 20 wishes. I don't want to give away anything from that novel, but this story, "The Twenty-First Wish," is an enjoyable follow-up to that novel. It is a fun s ...more
Lisa
The Twenty-First Wish by Debbie Macomber

This is a sweet follow up to a main storyline in Twenty Wishes about Anne Marie Roche and her young daughter, Ellen. This is a very typical Macomber story, clean and sweet so I am not going to say much about it. If you read this as a stand alone, you probably are not going to enjoy it as much as if you had read the previous novel because there really isn't a whole lot of back story explained, just enough to refresh your memory. Overall, though, still cute.
Julie Barrett
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Knitting Diaries by Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallery, and Chritina Skye
Knitting is a comfort to all and you can always strike up a conversation with one who knits.
Love that this book is actually 3 different stories from 3 different authors, who also happen to knit.

The Twenty First Wish by Debbie Macomber
After the book 'Twenty Wishes' this follows along the same lines, like a bucket list of sorts.
Helen has her own 20 wishes book and shares it with her mother: Ann Marie knows Tim is still recovering
Ellie
Mar 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
I don't read Debbie Macomber so I would have normally skipped right over this book. But I was reading "Already Home" by Susan Mallery (gave it 4 stars, great book) and noticed that Coming Unraveled is set in the same town, so I found my way to this book.

I skipped right over the Debbie Macomber story.

Coming Unraveled was short, sweet and to the point. The story starts off with a little bit of tension due to a misunderstanding. This just sort of fizzles pretty quickly when the hero realizes and ad
Sebe Abolafia
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Knitting Diaries

This book is a collection of short stories about three women that love to knit and how it impacts their lives.

The Twenty First Wish by Debbie Macomber

Anne Marie Roche and her adopted daughter Ellen from Debbie Macomber's previous book Twenty Wishes are in this short story. I love this story about Anne Marie coming to terms with her feelings about Ellen's biological father Tim.

Reading about all of the people on Blossom Street brings me back to all the wonderful previous storie
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Title: THE KNITTING DIARIES
Authors: Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallery, Christina Skye
Publisher: Mira Books
April 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7783-2937-4
Genre: contemporary romance / knitting

Knitting is many things to many people…

The Twenty-First Wish by Debbie Macomber: Anna Marie Roche has adopted ten-year-old Ellen when Ellen’s guardian grandmother dies. Both Anna Marie and Ellen have written a list of twenty wishes they want to see come true. One of Ellen’s wishes is that she’ll meet her biological father. T
Aislynn
My Thoughts:

The Twenty First Wish is about Anne Marie and her daughter Ellen. We have met these characters before in the Blossom Street stories.

This was a cute story, which centres around Anne and her relationship with Ellen's father Tim. They like any couple have their ups and downs, they are trying to figure out where they stand. Anne Marie is happy in her relationship until Tim shows up and throws her for a loop!

I really enjoyed this story, it was heart warming and fun to read. I haven't read
Janga
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Knitting Diaries includes three novellas: “The Twenty-First Wish” by Debbie Macomber, “Coming Unravelled” by Susan Mallery, and “Return to Summer Island” by Christina Skye. The authors, all knitters themselves, have crafted stories in which knitting is a thread in the plot. Like most anthologies, this one is uneven with some stories stronger than others.

Macomber‘s “The Twenty-First Wish” picks up the story of Anne Marie Roche, her adopted daughter, Ellen, and Ellen’s father, a major thread i
Gail Hollingsworth
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've read many books by Debbie Macomber and Susan Mallery. Christina Skye was new to me. All three wrote a very fun book divided into three separate stories. I crochet, but I love stories having anything to do with yarn, so even though the stories had threads of knitting throughout, it was still very enjoyable. The Twenty-First Wish by Debbie Macomber was an extension of her Blossom Street Books. Ellen is a ten year old girl adopted by Annie Marie after Ellen's grandmother dies suddenly. Her bio ...more
  • Already Home
  • How to Knit a Heart Back Home (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #2)
  • A Home By The Sea (Summer Island #1)
  • Unraveled (A Knitting Mystery, #9)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
  • Love Finds a Home: 3 Historical Romances Make Falling in Love Simple and Sweet
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Sunrise On Cedar Key
  • Be My Texas Valentine
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call\Built To Last\Find The Way
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Summer Island (3 books)
  • A Home By The Sea (Summer Island #1)
  • The Accidental Bride (Summer Island #2)
  • Butterfly Cove (Summer Island, #3)
“Never ignore the feelings that don't seem to make sense.” 49 likes