Start by marking “Bound By Blood” as Want to Read:
Bound By Blood

Bound By Blood

Spunky, down-on-her-luck Laurel Mayfield didn't believe in vampires. She didn't believe in the supernatural. Not until she met the enigmatic and darkly alluring Sebastian Thorn, a man shrouded in mystery and intrigue. Discovering he was a Prince turned out to be only the beginning of a harrowing journey that took them back to the Tudor Court during the reign of King Henry ...more
Published (first published September 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bound By Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound By Blood

JenBee
A story of love, attraction and emotion about a mortal woman and a sexy vampire, just right for paranormal romance. Bound by Blood focuses intensely on the developing relationship and love between Laurel and Sebastian, everything else in the story is to illustrate their unfolding tale of all consuming love. We hear the point of view of Laurel and Sebastian, clearly they both love each other with all their heart and soul.

Laurel is an easy character to like, she seems genuine and like someone you
Rebecca (agirlirlblog, bekkilyn)
For a dreamy, passionate romance between a vampire and a mortal, this book has it all. At first I thought it was going to pace through the basic outline of a romance novel with a taste of vampire on the side, but as got further into the book, it did still follow along the expected romance path, but had some interesting variations along the way.

At first it seemed very modern, but there was a time travel segment to the Tudor era that I enjoyed.

While I liked the characters story-wise, particularly
Erika
Vampires lives secretly among the humans. They don't see human as enemy or prey. Well, at least most of them. These vampires ruled by several princes. They are the most powerful among their kind, also known as Council of Six. Sebastian Xavier Thorn III iss one of them. As the Prince of Europe territory, he was an essential alpha male hero. A leader, tough, dangerous, deadly, but not reckless. He was calm and secretive. Usually the first thing that comes to my mind if this kind of hero meets the ...more
Imogen Rose
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sometimes one just stumbles upon one’s soulmate... at a graveyard. Laurel and Sebastian met just so, connected immediately, and were meant to be together, always, even in times past–at King Henry’s Tudor court.

I loved the refreshing mix of vampire and time travel, how awesome, and such potential! The story flowed at a natural pace allowing for the characters to be well fleshed. Laurel was a strong female lead, she met her challenges head on. I was totally engrossed by the story, but was left wan
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It isn't too often that I hand out 5 stars to books but this book, definitely deserves them. I am shocked that this is the first book by these two very talented authors. If I had one word to describe the characters and world they have created it would be "amazing". I was completely wrapped up in Sebastian and Laurel's story, their struggle, their choices, their love for one another, their passion, their sorrows, all of it. This story has it all.
Super excited to see what Hoyt and Bourdon come ou
Vanka
Mar 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jenniffer
Aug 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
How do I choose negative stars on this one?
V SB
Sep 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Where can i find me a Sebastian? I mean, I'm not a materialistic kind of person- i'm a live within my means kind of girl but cmon! When someone throws a diamond necklace your way, unlimited shopping etc??? But going back to the story, Laurel was a huge turn-off for me.. I mean, you just met a guy and the next day, you have a sleep over at his place? You don't bother to say no or put a stop to him giving you expensive presents and when you lose your job, you assume right away that you can move in ...more
Michele Packard-milam
Interesting Story

This novel takes a while to build up momentum, but once the action starts, it’s quite a ride. The main male character is especially delicious and memorable.
Rae Sontheyon
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greatly Enjoyable For Those Into Vampires, Romance and Time Travel. . .

I loved this book! This book took me by surprise in being completely unique and captured my taste for a nice bit of romance, tasteful vampires and historical fiction. Strange combination of genres but the authors take the reader on a great story with characters I just didn't want to say bye to, even with that cute ending. Intrigued? Good.

Told in a dual person perspective, the female main character is Laurel Mayfield. Recently
Loraine
Ok. This had vampires and Tudor history so for me this sounded perfect. It wasn't bad but I can't say I was blown away by it. I think it may be because the storyline with Anne Boleyn and this vampire was far fetched to me. I just found it hard to grasp but then maybe that is because I love the Tudors. Overall it had a good storyline and the characters were ok. Was surprised how quickly she dumped the best friend from the plot. Where the hell did she go??? There was some quite graphic sexual scen ...more
Cat
Jan 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked the plot and the chemistry between Laurel and Sebastian, but I felt like the author dumbed everything down for the reader. Every little step was explained in detail, which started out as a good thing, but after awhile it was as though the author didn't trust the reader to reach conclusions on their own.

Anyhow, I do like the circular time traveling thing that tied the story together. Some words were entirely overused (i.e. enigmatic), and some phrases didn't really make sense (referring t
Laurie
A sweeping story! Laurel is a woman out of her element. Sebastian is a cool, sophisticated Brit. There is an attraction between them that they cannot deny. Their passion is intense and it soon blossoms into a relationship. The only problem is that Sebastian is a vampire; how does one tell someone that? Well, long story shortened, she finds out. Treachery is also afoot and things happen which eventually takes them back through time to the time of the Tudors, King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. Treac ...more
pianogirl05
I LOVED this story. It grabbed my attention in the very first paragraph and didn't let go until the last word. The relationship between Sebastien and Laurel was so captivating. Sebastien has the right amount of possessiveness without being overbearing. The story keeps you on your toes. I'm not ready to turn loose of Sebastien and Laurel yet. I think with the way the book ends their is a definite possibility of a sequel. This book has a home on my favorites list. Grab your copy today. You won't r ...more
Robin
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This book was kinda strange. I wasn't hooked by the plot or the characters. The sex was ok but it didn't really add anything to the story. The ending was a bit anticlimactic after all the villains' plotting. Although I will say (view spoiler) ...more
Cara
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i give this book five stars! Worth the read! Loved sabastian and laurel! And the time travel back to Tudor days was really good twist to the Boelyn days! LOVED IT! would love for their story to continue! There was a certain opening in this book that I thought was going to lead up to her being able to have a child with Sabastian but..... It didnt happen but the ending left it maybe open for that to happen dont know if there will be a part two but wish there was who doesnt want to know what happen ...more
Amanda
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
This book was actually quite intriguing. The story line involved vampires, time-travel, sinister plots, and a little romance.

Sebastian was a fabulous character and I loved the present day and the Tudor version of Sebastian. I thought this book was well done, but it could have used a bit more development in places. There weren't a lot of mistakes in the book, but there were some scenes that I found a bit confusing.

Overall a decent book.
Cynthia
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
I wish we could give 1/2 stars on here, cause this book was more 3 1/2 stars than just 3 stars.

Sebastin is a vampire prince who seems a little too comfortable with his title and doesn't realize there are others out there who are looking to take his territory and his title. Laurel is a human and is being harassed by a guy she went out with a few times.

I wasn't knocked off my feet by this book, but it was entertaining.
Debbie
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite reads are vampire stories. Though most are similar in storyline and characters. With that said, this book was different and unique. I enjoyed this book A LOT!! Wonderful characters and a great twist on the average vampire story! Add a bit of time travel and boy can things be different. I highly recommend this book and I hope the authors will make a book 2. Perhaps Laurel will have gotten pregnant while Sabastian was in 2009.
Steph
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I couldn't get enough of this book!!!The anticipation is what really got to me though...Laurel is a waitress who ends up crossing paths with Sebastian...let's just say from there their story begins...it reminded me a little of Discovery of Witches but just a little..mainly because of the time traveling...highly recommend this one!(Just a heads up, it's more PG-13 then some of you may be use to(wink wink) )
Raven Carluk
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
I was not pleased by this book. The plot was thin and contrived, and there were some twists at the end that didn't make sense.

Nor did I really feel romantic about their relationship. It was a little too domineering from me, and I'm a girl who looks to be taken care of.

There were also technical issues, like inconsistent spelling and punctuating.

It's not a terrible read, but it's nothing I would recommend.
Rachel Lynn Sterling
More like 3 1/2! This book wound up being much more than I expected. I really liked the characters and loved the first half. It threw me off a bit when it got to all of the time travel stuff. I usually stay away from time travel books. There are just too many loop-holes and I’m to analytical to overlook things that don’t seem to add up and there were a few of those moments in this story. Overall, the writing was good, the story flowed at a decent rate and held my interest to the end.
Denise
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading 'Bound By Blood'. A great fairy tale love story with a rather unique twist. The characters were great. Laurel is a great character. I like her outlook on life. For a story that has time travel, it does not have the sci-fi aspect, which is great for this book. The story itself is good. I liked how the book as a whole came together. A good read to add to your tbr list. Recommended
Sheila
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had a lot of promise, but it just didn't hold up to my expectations. It was okay, but I really started to despise the main character (Laurel) as the book continued. She's just whiny and immature. The time travel aspect was not done well either. It was okay - just not as great as what I expected.
Amber
Mar 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Only made it to 35%. I have to say from the few reviews I read I was expecting something very different. This just wasn't for me. There was no time travel thus far and after reading a few more reviews it seems what there was of time travel was weird. I just felt confused at times reading this and it was just weird for me. But it does seem to have captured quite a few people so to each their own.
Kbee
Wow just Wow!! Didn't think I'd like it being a serious vamp story.
I like vamps with humor prefer them really.
But I got hooked and at the end couldn't put it down. There was some streches where I had to push myself to keep on reading and I am not diaspointed at all.
Good story. You can feel the bound Sebastian and Laurel have. They do go together. Caleb and Luceph do get what they deserve.
Heather
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I enjoyed this book it held my attention the whole time and by the end I couldn't put it down!
I usually can't stand time travel in books but this one didn't bother me and I actually liked what it added to the story.
Zaanodes
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-kindle
The plot was really good. The writing...needs work. As imagination to come up with the story in first place is kinda important and writing skills can be improved, I would recommend this if you can ignore the missteps in phrasing.
Suzanne (Doppleganger)
Despite a few flaws in the logic of time travel and the effects of blood bonding, this was a fun book. The hero is an alpha male vampire prince and a literal knight in shining armor. The only thing missing from that bag of swoonworthiness is a kilt!
Annie
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book caught me by surprise. I have read many vampire romance and many time traveling romances, but never together. BONUS they went back in time to the Tudor court. That is one of my favorite periods in history. I picked this up free, and was more than worth it.

• Bound by Blood
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • A Night of Secrets (Night #1)
  • Blood Reaction (Blood Reaction Saga, #1)
  • Fierce Dawn (ParaRealm, #1)
  • The Taste of Magic
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1)
  • HeartsBlood (Praxis, #1)
  • Blood and Sunlight: A Maryland Vampire Story
  • Vampire King of New York
  • Love Your Entity (Entity, #3)
  • The Aslaric Vampire (Eternal Death, #1)
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • Legacy