Start by marking “Selfish Pigs: Adorably Awful Little Swine” as Want to Read:
Selfish Pigs: Adorably Awful Little Swine

Selfish Pigs: Adorably Awful Little Swine

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  215 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
From the creator of The Book of Bunny Suicides comes the book you've been waiting for: Selfish Pigs. Filled with more than 90 pieces of line art depicting pigs being adorably selfish, this is a must-have for pig-lovers and Riley fans.

These are pigs who just don't care any more. They're nasty. They drink, they smoke, they steal, they eat pork and bacon, and they're strangel
Published November 2nd 2010 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Selfish Pigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selfish Pigs

Rachael Hewison
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cartoons
My boyfriend has the entire Andy Riley series in our bathroom for some 'toilet reading' so I've been working my way through the collection. Selfish pigs is the last one we have and I feel a little like I saved the best till last.

The Bunny Suicides work so well because they are outrageous and funny. Selfish Pigs is much the same, without the morbid overtone. It's a simple context but it works so well. Some are particularly realistic and others are shocking. A few in this book vary slightly to Ril
Ape
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh how this made me laugh. It's great fun, especially when you're in a bah-humbug mood. Although the one with the mamma mia DVDS is probably not so much a selfish pig one as a kind gesture to the rest of the world =).
Pihla
Sep 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved all the Bunny suicides -books, so I rushed out to buy this with high expectations as soon as I saw it was out. Unfortunately, it didn't really live up to those expectations. It felt like some of the ideas were not fully thought out. A slight disappointment.
Ellice
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ellice by: Kirsten Engdahl
I have known some pigs like this. This is a very witty book of cartoons.
Päivikki
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
"Kieron huumorin ystäville

Andy Rileyn sarjakuvien siat eivät ole mitään söpöjä pikku saparoveijareita. Nämä törkyilevät possut ovat rehellisen ilkeitä, vihaisia, ylipainoisia ja itsekeskeisiä. Ne tupakoivat, kännäävät ja syövät lihaa. Silti niiden hulvattomassa törkytyylissä on jotain röhkäisevän ihanaa.

Siat ovat itsekkäitä – aivan kuten mekin. Kirjaan mahtuu käsittämättömän sikamaisia tapoja keskittyä omaan napaansa ja tunkea oma pikku kärsänsä joka paikkaan. Haluaisitko istua sian takana leff
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Oh my Goodness!!! These pigs are so selfish! Most of the cartoons in this book feature just one pig in each scene but some have two pigs and one cartoon features 11 selfish pigs. I think these piggies are very mean - for example one little piggy tries to make Jesus pay a fake toll when he is carrying His cross up a hill to be crucified. This book covers a wide range from Christian themes to popular culture. I bought the book when it made me smile during the Borders store closing sales of Septemb ...more
Nofuture
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mizantropova biblia!
Už sa vám stalo, že vás ľudia poriadne nasrali a vy ste im to chceli vrátiť? Ale fuckt že poriadne nasrali a fuckt že poriadne vrátiť? Že take niečo sa nepatrí? Že kto do teba kameňom ty doňho chlebom? Tak prasiatko im to všetkým vráti za vás a aj s úrokmi. Kašlať na politicku korektnosť, kašlať na ohľady, slušné správanie a všetky tie ostatné spoločenské konvencie...
Pohodlne sa usaďte, predstavte si toho najväčšieho pablba, ktorý vás v poslednej dobe nasral a užívajte si tú
Feather Mista
Jun 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Humorados
Recommended to Feather by: Que estaba a mano
Menos mal que no me sentí identificado en (casi) ninguno de los chistes. Arañó las cuatro estrellitas. Y supongo que si me hubiera generado alguna carcajada en vez de una seguidilla de sonrisas, se los ponía de cabeza. Pero como las tiras sí me resultaron ingeniosas y simpáticas pero no lo que se dice graciosas, graciosas, le amarreteo una estrella. Aunque voy a seguir viendo qué onda este inglés loco.
Corrie
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
My mom and I started flipping through this book at the library. We were laughing so hard that the librarians were giving us evil looks. We had to check it out and take it home. Hysterically funny.
Nina
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ihan sama tyyli kuin Itsemurhapuput: hauskaa oli! :)
Luke Mais
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OKAY NA WHY SPEAKING IN CAPS DUNNO THIS BOOK IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY WELL YA GET THE IDEA? IT WAS A GOOD BOOK LOTS OF !BEEP! SWEAR WORDS IN IT.
Samantha
Disappointing. It seems like the idea was nice but the author didn't do much with it. Don't know if he was rushing to complete the book.
Jen
Dec 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another skewed view of society from the author of "Book of Bunny Suicides."
Dianawinbooks
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
so human, creo que es excelente para pensar en los cerdos egoístas que podemos ser los humanitos
Chris
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take The book of Bunny Suicides and replace bunnies with pigs and suicide with selfishness and we have another home run for Andy Riley.
Ondřej Puczok
K prasátku jsem se dostal přes Králíčkovy sebevraždy. Na rozdíl od nich však prasátko nic moc...
Alasondro Alegré
★★★ ...more
Meaghan
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Meh. Not that funny. I don't think I even laughed once. Go back to drawing suicidal bunnies, Andy Riley. That's what you're best at.
Bill C
May 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, comics
Nothing like padding the numbers. I got a couple snorts out of it.
Aisha Prevost
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anything with pigs is good for me. This was even funny so really liked it :)
Jezzer Hunt
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mariela
Esta bien. Es entretenido y los cerditos son super malos
Nina
Aug 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Nothing beats bunny suicides, but this comes quite close...
Maťa
Slabšie ako zajačikove samovraždy.
Eric T. Voigt
Svetlana
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Garfield Brings Home the Bacon: His 53rd Book
  • The Return of the Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #2)
  • Simon's Cat: Wake Up! (Simon's Cat, #4.25)
  • Simpsons Comics Madness
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • The Slightly Annoying Elephant
  • A.L.I.E.E.E.N.: Archives of Lost Issues and Earthly Editions of Extraterrestrial Novelties
  • The Writings of John Lennon
  • Fowl Weather
  • Beasts and Super-Beasts
  • More Red Meat: The Second Collection of Red Meat Cartoons
  • Doctor Criminale
  • Chicken Poop for the Soul: Stories to Harden the Heart and Dampen the Spirit
  • Naughty Mabel
  • A Baby Blues Treasury: The Super-Absorbent, Biodegradable, Family-Size Baby Blues
  • Snoring Beauty
  • The Tale of Hodja Nasreddin: Disturber of the Peace
  • The Whole Hog: Exploring the Extraordinary Potential of Pigs
Andy Riley is a cartoonist and scriptwriter from Britain.
He drew a weekly strip cartoon for The Observer Magazine called Roasted, which is also collected in hardback edition. So far his books have sold around one and a half million copies and have been published in eighteen countries, producing calendar, greetings card and poster spin-offs. Lucky Heather is his self-published mini-comic.
His comedy