Start by marking “Married By Morning” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Married By Morning

Lisa Kleypas

Married By Morning (The Hathaways #4)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  24,614 Ratings  ·  1,304 Reviews
"For two years, Catherine Marks has been paid a companion to the Hathaway sisters -- a pleasant position, with one caveat. Her charges' older brother Leo Hathaway, is throughly exasperating. Cat can hardly believe that their constant arguing could mask a mutual attraction. But when one quarrel ends in a sudden kiss, Cat is shocked at her powerful response -- and even more ...more
341 pages
Published 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Married By Morning, please sign up.

Poulami Hom Yes. Reading the first three books will give a better idea about the characters and the background. Though the first three books revolve around the…moreYes. Reading the first three books will give a better idea about the characters and the background. Though the first three books revolve around the sisters' lives, Leo's past and little by little transformation has been a part of the books. Also Cath is present in the second and third book. But then again, you can read the book separately too. (less)

Dina
Oct 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Letter to Leo Hathaway, Viscount Ramsay

Dearest Leo,

Firstly, let me apologize in advance for being so forward as to write you this letter and for treating you with such familiarity. I am aware that you, a fine 19th-century gentleman, should be appalled with my boldness, but I am a 21st-century woman and we are no longer subjected to the restrictive dictates of society that ruled your time. As a Hathaway, I hope you will not only understand this but also be amused by it.

Now, I am ashamed to say
Auntee
Jul 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Fans of historicals where the H/h engage in wicked bantering
Loved it. I knew I would, since I'm a sucker for the colorful Hathaway family. And Leo? I didn't have high hopes for him while reading the first in the series (Mine Till Midnight, but with each succeeding book, he kept growing on me, and growing on me...and finally by this book...*sigh*...he finally became a hero worthy of my admiration!:)

No plot summary this time, because there's some truly awesome reviews at GR for this one. I'll just add my thoughts/observations...

This was only brother Leo H
Shawna
Nov 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lisa Kleypas & anyone who loves a beautiful romance
Recommended to Shawna by: Me...'cause I love all of LK's books!
5++ stars – Historical Romance

Oh Leo, Lord Ramsay, you devastatingly handsome, fiendishly charming, hysterically witty, and devilishly wicked man...keeping me up until the wee hours of the morning to finish reading your story rather than for the total ravishment and thorough tupping that I would have preferred from you!

I’ve loved every romance thus far in the ongoing, enchanting saga of the unconventional Hathaway family, Cam’s and Amelia’s spirited courtship in Mine Till Midnight, Kev’s and Wi
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I hope you’ll be able to look past the cheesiness of this review and be able to understand what it is I’m feeling, even though I can’t quite find the words to eloquently express my thoughts about Married by Morning in a way that will do it justice.

This was simply one of the most delightful books I’ve read in a very long time. I had no doubt that I’d like it, as I do most all of Lisa Kleypas’ books, but this far exceeded my expectations! Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay and Catherine Marks, Governess, m
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Married by Morning was such a delightful book. It fully exceeded my high expectations. The sparks between Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay, and Catherine Marks in the prior Hathaway books promised good tension and a fun read, but Ms. Kleypas managed to draw on deep wells of emotion and passion in writing this story, that made it even fuller than I expected.

I had the feeling that Catherine would prove to be fairly tortured for a Kleypas heroine, and it turned out I was right. She had some deeply buried
Alp
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I don’t quite believe myself I gave this book 4 stars. Yeah, 4 stars! It was way better than my expectations!

Well, I enjoyed Leo and Catherine’s story more than I thought I would. To be honest, I didn’t expect much from this one because I’d never liked Catherine since I first knew her in Tempt Me at Twilight, the third installment in The Hathaways series (I’ve read this series totally out of order). Besides, during the first 15% of the story, I still couldn't warm up to her. I almost stopped rea
Beatriz
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popsugar-2017
Reto #18 PopSugar 2017: Un libro que hayas leído antes que nunca falle en hacerte sonreír
Para este reto nunca dudé en releer alguno de los libros de Lisa Kleypas. Por supuesto, alguno de la serie Hathaways era la elección más obvia y qué mejor que la novela de los dos personajes que me hicieron reír durante casi toda la serie: Leo y la señorita Marks.

Fue una relectura encantadora y la disfruté mucho más que la primera vez, creo que porque no iba con las expectativas tan altas como cuando leí l
Marisa Sauco
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡Un F U E G O! 🔥🔥🔥
Eso es lo que me pareció la historia de Leo y Cat.

«—Cuando visites a un hombre en su cama, de noche —expuso Leo sin apartar la vista de los diseños—, no esperes que este te ofrezca una taza de té y se ponga a charlar contigo.
—No pensaba meterme en su cama —se defendió ella—. Es decir, estaba usted en ella, pero yo no deseaba hallarlo ahí. — (…)
—A las dos de la madrugada —le informó Leo— casi siempre me encuentro sobre un colchón, desarrollando una de dos actividades. La prim
NiCoLeTa E.
Did i mention that i love this family??? Yeah, i did!!! But you have to tolerate me for once more!!!
And the most strange thing is that i love also Leo Hathaway!!!

Why strange??? I have to admit that in the first book Leo was my least favorite from all of them...
He was self-destructed and the worst thing was that he didn't care for anybody else, so he put in many troubles his loving family...
But the best of all was that the Hathaways sisters never stopped loving him unconditional even though he
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
It's a re-read.
I love Leo Hathaway! He is stupid and he is funny, unlike other HR heroes.

(Leo looking at his marriage proposals)
"Leo looked down at the list. 'Marietta Newbury?'
'Yes," Amelia said. "What's wrong with her?'
'I don't like her teeth.'
'What about Isabella Charrington?'
'I don't like her mother.'
'Lady Blossom Tremaine?'
'I don't like her name.'
'Oh, for heaven's sake, Leo, that's not her fault.'
'I don't care. I can't have a wife named Blossom. Every night I would feel as if I were calling
Rane
Oct 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper
At the start of the The Hathaways series, I will admit, I really disliked Leo. He was such a self-center baby, and didn’t care the damage he was doing to his family whom loved him. At the same time I was curious at what LK planned for him. Slowly she reveled the Leo whom has faced his demons and is walking out of the shadows. And by Seduce Me at Sunrise and Tempt Me at Twilight, I was looking forward to his and Cat story. And with the cliffhanger at the end of TMAT, I was a little leery it woul ...more
Juliana Philippa
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[REREAD: Increased rating to 4.5 stars; difference was that I reread some of the great Marks-Leo exchanges from the previous Hathaway books beforehand so that I could fully enjoy their story again ... which had been one of my complaints before.]

Second half of the book far better than the first ... and how can I get my own Leo?! (3.5 stars)

[1852, Hampshire and London, England:]
So here it is! The long awaited romance of "Marks" and Leo! I know I'm not alone when I say that by the end of the second
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Marks Missed The Mark Stars

“Are you afraid of me, Marks? You, who bludgeon and cut me down to size at every opportunity?” “Of course not, you arrogant ass. I only wish you would behave like a man of your station.”-Leo and Cat

photo tumblr_lptl24N7qh1qlmgz2o1_400_zpsl8fmlmxg.gif

“Ah, there’s the governess voice. All stern and disapproving. It makes me feel like a naughty schoolboy.”-Leo

***Spoilers***

I have to be honest and say that this book just wasn't a hit for me. I was really looking forward to Leo and Cat's story. After reading Leo suffe
Maria Sol
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó, mi favorito de la serie sin dudas!!! Fue justo lo que esperaba para esta pareja explosiva!
Adoré a Leo y a la Señorita Marks desde la primera vez que se conocieron y libro tras libro me fueron conquistando un poco mas hasta convertirse en mis favoritos, por lo tanto no soy muy objetiva cuando digo que me gustó mucho este libro, pero teniendo en cuenta mis altas expectativas en esta pareja puedo decir que me dejaron muy satisfecha (a pesar de las mil ida y venidas de Marks!).
Como el re
Marian
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genial como los anteriores.- Crean adicción, les aclaro.- Me encantan todos los personajes.-
DarienMoya
^^ JUST WONDERFUL!! ^^

If you are a fan of historical romance and you have not read The Hathaway series, then you are surely missing out. This series is positively one of the best and it should not be missed. Lisa Kleypas has done it again and every book in this series just gets better than the last, Leo has been a shining character in the previous books and he comes out blasting in his own book.

Leo Hathaway self proclaimed devil, he has the wit, charm and sex appeal to blow any female out of he
boogenhagen
Phew! Almost to the BIG HEDGIE book! Dodger is GREAT! Leo reforms nicely, Cat drove me nuts, srsly - rarely do I need to use the skillet on an h, but there were multiple skilleting moments. I restrained myself but I sorta felt that Leo deserved better.

Harry stepped up to the plate nicely, and tho I am mindful of Cat's trauma's, she came off as a bit selfish really. I loved the rest of it, fell over laughing a few times and am now ploughing straight in to the big one I have been waiting for.
Beanbag Love
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was just delicious. I smack my lips thinking back over what I've just read. Just lovely.

I am so happy Kleypas was able to keep the spark of Cat and Leo's relationship alive even as they fell into divine and rapturous love. They continue to bait each other, evolving beautifully into a sort of comedy duo rather than sparring partners.

Not that it doesn't have angst. Oh, there's angst aplenty here. We all knew Leo had some problems, and Cat's difficult past has been teased heavily as well. Kle
♡Karlyn P♡
Loved it! Leo and Cat's interactions and relationship made this one a winner. The actual backstory (Cat's mystery past...etc.) was minor entertainment compared to all the fun I had when these two were in the same room. I can see why some people rated this less than five stars as the mystery wasn't much of a mystery, and there are parts that were predictable and maybe even rushed, but I can't knock a star off of my rating simply because I loved the entire experience reading this story. The writin ...more
Leah
Eastofoz
Mar 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Hathaways series
Well me oh my, if this wasn’t the raciest Kleypas read yet (!) Makes Suddenly You's strawberry scene look outright tame in some parts (!) Book 4 in the Hathaways series is still just another alright read. Sure you’ve got the love/hate but it’s a toned down one and yes there’s also some good back and forth banter but it’s just okay with only a few really good lines. This whole series feels like I’ve seen it all before and better somewhere else.

Book 3 ended with the Cat/Leo cliffhanger so of cours
Gökçe
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
15.08.2017
Taşınmadan dolayı yeni bir kitaba başlamak istemiyorum ve kitap okuyasım vardı. Bunu seçtim. Çünkü Cat&Leo bebeklerim <3

-----
Yine, yine, yine Leo&Cat aşkım depreşti. Yine milyonuncu kez okudum. Ve yorum yazmadığımı yeni fark ettim. Çok çok çok seviyorum bu kitabı. Seri olduğunu fark etmeden daldım ve iyi ki de öyle yapmıım. Benim gibi historical romans'ı pek sevmeyen birine bile kendini defalarca okutuyor. Hem ölümüne eğlenceli, hem çok romantik!

"Lord Ramsay ile bir dakika
Mei
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I knew it!!!!

5 shining well deserved stars!!!!

I just LOVE the Hathaways!!!

And Leo... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I didn't liked him in the first book, but in each next one my feeling changed more and more until now: I love him!!!! LOL

Wonderful book, full of Leo delightful personality!

I loved everything in this book, but the was a tiny, teeny thing that I didn't understand: (view spoiler)

But this is a very minor thing that didn't detract from
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Dec 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially historical romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Leah, Suzanne, Elena R
Ronyell
After reading Tempt Me at Twilight, I was dying to read the next book in the series, “Married by Morning” and I was so glad to get the chance to read this little gem of a novel! This time, it is Leo Hathaway’s turn to fall in love and what other person could he ever fall in love with than the Hathaways’ uptight paid companion, Catherine Marks! As usual in all of the “Hathaway” series, this novel is filled with drama, mystery, suspense and hot sizzling romance that will have any romance novel fan ...more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
To start things off

This is the cover of "Married by morning". Leo, your a babe.

This however is reality. Bit of man on man anyone?

Now that I have caught your attention and everyone can see my knew found novelty for adding pictures to my reviews. I will proceed.

I am in no way trying to ruin everyone perceptions of these wonderful romances. I just find it highly amusing to look at what it really was like.

Leo, well what can I say. I love you. I want you all to myself. Please seduce me.

I was lookin
Yz the Whyz
Leo Hathaway: renowned scoundrel and black sheep of the Hathaway family.

Of course, trust Lisa Kleypas to transform him into a sexy, wicked hero.

We all know who his heroine will be ever since they started trading insults with each other, but to finally read the book where witty Leo had to contend with the acerbic Marks, I know I'm in for a exciting read.

A lost love had transformed Leo to a man on the brink of disaster, only to totter on its edge temporarily for the love of his family. What will
Didi
I love Leo! and he finally gets his overdue, long-time-coming, second chance at love. He had loved before and with devastating and ill-fated consequences. Laura Dillard had died in his arms due to scarlet fever.
He knows he loves intensely and shied away from it specifically for that reason. Not because he couldn't love another like he loved Laura. Not because he believed in only one true love. He couldn't love again because it would kill him. He was a younger version of himself with Laura, but n
Nisha
Just seconds after reading this book, I was salivating to reread it - this time for the quotes.

Before reading this book, I already had a tender spot reserved for Leo and Marks (I like the nickname, its real cute). They were the couple that were waiting to happen, after all their bickering and bluster.

Leo, as we know, is a bit of a roller coaster. He admits it himself, that when falls in love, he falls hard. I kinda liked the primitive edge that LK included within his character. His humor has not
Characters like Leo? 2 54 Jul 25, 2017 09:46PM
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Unveiled (Turner, #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas...

The Hathaways (5 books)
  • Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)

“I love you, Marks. My heart is completely and utterly yours. And unfortunately for you, the rest of me comes with it.” 296 likes
“There are some experiences in life they haven't invented the right words for.” 270 likes