Start by marking “The Power of Sustainable Thinking: How to Create a Positive Future for the Climate, the Planet, Your Organization and Your Life” as Want to Read:

The future will be powered by sustainable thinking in business, organizations, governments and everyday life. This revolutionary book tackles climate change, sustainability and life success by starting with your mind. It provides proven 'staged-based methods for transforming thinking and behaviour, beginning first with the reader's own cognitive patterns, then moving to ho ...more
Published May 2nd 2010 by Routledge (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Sustainable Thinking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Sustainable Thinking

Start your review of The Power of Sustainable Thinking: How to Create a Positive Future for the Climate, the Planet, Your Organization and Your Life
Dani Scott
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really important book that is needed right now, and I mean RIGHT NOW. Changing your thoughts about sustainability and your own ability to change the world for yourself and your planet could not be more necessary as the West Coast of the U.S. has even more record-breaking storms, Africa continues it's drought/driving rain rollercoaster ride, and species all over the world are dying every day.

Bob Doppelt is an activist, meditation teacher, and a professor. He is trained in counseling psychology
Moe
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought the book was great! However, about halfway through, I found it to be repetitive and kind of had to push through the last few chapters.
Gloria
Sep 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Reviewing for possible inclusion of materials for freshman course. And for that purpose, high fives… Language is highly accessible, summarizes theories and frames things extremely well. Not jargon-laden at all, but he did (and I appreciat this) the citations for the research at the end of each chapter. I also imagine this would be extremely helpful in moving organizations and community groups toward sustainable practices.... (thinking about a current neighborhood stalemate, actually, right now!) ...more
Rotten
Oct 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Do you work for or own a company that is taking baby steps or resistant to sustainability? This book is for you. For me it was a little too much of preaching to the choir but would be useful to anyone managing an organization. If you need spread sheets and graphs and flow charts of why we need to change then buy this book at your local book store.

Otherwise find an old local farmer (like my parents) and ask them "what changes have you seen rapidly happening in recent years?"

Alice
Oct 14, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was more like a workbook (now make a list of things you need to change . . . etc) than I had wanted. Some good insights into what it takes to change behaviors, and what issues to consider when making a sustainability-based decision, but it was too much like a business how-to book for my taste.
Lois
Oct 15, 2010 rated it liked it
If you have any interest in the environment and sustainability this is the book for you. The author goes into great detail on the impact of climate change and how we must use whole systems thinking. It is a wonderful reference book but also very readable
Rachel Teen
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Provides excellent examples and good modelling for businesses looking to become more sustainable with their environment, employees and annual profits.
Katlyn
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great systems thinking approach to committing to sustainable behavior changes with brief notes on helping groups do the same. Wanting to read his management approach now!
Marylynn