Start by marking “Everywhere Babies” as Want to Read:
Everywhere Babies

Everywhere Babies

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  1,296 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
Every day, everywhere, babies are born. They're kissed and dressed and rocked and fed--and completely adored by the families who love them. With an irresistible rhyming text and delightfully endearing illustrations, here is an exuberant celebration of playing, sleeping, crawling, and of course, very noisy babies doing all the wonderful things babies do best.
Board Book, 30 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published April 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Everywhere Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everywhere Babies

Kathryn
Apr 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An adorable book that just makes me feel happy and long to hear a baby giggle :-) Meyers uses few words in a lyrical fashion to portray lots of things that babies "everywhere" do. The illustrations by Marla Frazee are a pure delight--I am really a fan of her work after having read and loved All the World and the same warmth, humor and attention to detail are present here.

The only "downside" to this book, IMO, is that the "everywhere" seems to only include industrialized nations both in terms of
Jessica Brown
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thiiiiiiiis is a great example of how to show diversity in a way that isn't in-your-face, preachy, or just wrong. It's a book filled with different kinds of families, just doing what they do every day and not pointing out the ways in which they stand out or are different from what's considered a "normal" family-this picture book illustrates the way we should be able to live. I don't pretend to be an expert on what's best for LGBT+ or other diverse families, but it's nice to have a book that does ...more
Amber Delaine
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We love this book! I'm all about teaching diversity and this book has it! The illustrations are detailed and incredibly beautiful, so it makes a fun seek-and-find game with littler kids as well.

Everywhere Babies shows diversity in babies and how they are cared for and loved by their families. There are babies in slings, cribs, cradles, carriers, backpacks, arms, car seats and bucket carriers. There are babies being breastfed and babies fed with bottles and baby food.

Even the families are divers
Candice
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
This is a keeper! It goes through a baby's first year beginning at "every day, everywhere, babies are born." The illustrations are lovely. They show babies of many races. Every day, everywhere they are playing, eating (one is being breast fed), being kissed, carried, and cuddled. Each page shows several babies along with parents, siblings and friends. The two women may be a lesbian couple, or they may be friends; similarly the two men. It's up to the parent to explain the picture the way he or s ...more
Tatiana
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Marla Frazee is hands-down one of my favorite children's book illustrators, and she does not disappoint in Susan Meyers' Everywhere Babies. Frazee shows different ethnicity and lifestyles, like a mosaic. I can never get over how authentic the people look and how real the world is around them. Love it.
Nay Keppler
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
so many babies
Erin Buhr
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you are looking for a book about babies look no further than EVERYWHERE BABIES. Susan Meyers perfectly captures the universality of baby-hood, while embracing unique differences. It is a balancing act for sure, but she handles it with rhythm and grace. "Every day, everywhere, babies are born - fat babies, thin babies, small babies, tall babies, winter and spring babies, summer and fall babies." She follows them as they are loved, dressed, fed, and gradually explore their world. Her beautiful ...more
Ben
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Everywhere Babies" is written delightfully, with an easy and playful rhythm. It's lends itself well to reading fast or slow as needed. All you parents know that sometimes you need a book you can blaze through and sometimes you need one that'll linger without too much work. This can actually do both jobs.

The art is excellent. Each, energetic, lifelike drawing is filled with the love, chaos, and humor of life with a baby. The pictures aren't just realistic, they feel real. From the exhausted nurs
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how this book features all kinds of families, not just man/woman parents, and not just white people. The pages are nice and big and can take some punishment. My son prefers to have this read to him no less than once a day
Magdalene
Oct 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing
It's great!
Chelsee
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
My son LOVED this book. Nice rhyming, good vocab builder, and cute illustrations.
Felicia Moore
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
read it to baby Elizabeth she like it!
Liz
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great rhythm and rhyme with sweet subjects on each page. Wonderful illustrations. A must read for your little one.
Ben Truong
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everywhere Babies is a children's picture book written by Susan Meyers and illustrated by Marla Frazee, which tells a story about babies doing what babies do best – being themselves!

Meyers' text is simplistic, straightforward, and very poetic – almost lyrical. The text captures what babies do every day and everywhere very well in a wonderfully poetic manner. Frazee's illustrations are beautifully, colorful, and delightfully endearing, which complements, depicts, and progresses the text supremely
Moureen
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
THISSSSSS BOOOK FOR MY LEVEL I FEEL THAT IT'S KINDA BORING FO RMY AGE BUT AS I FOUND THIS BOOK IN MY BEDROOM I THOUGHT OF READING THIS BOOK AND WRITING A REVIEW!!!!!

OKAYYY SO LEMMME START LIKE THE BOOK IS OKAY IT'S BAD OR HORRIBLE IT'S OKAYYY IF YOU HAVE ANY BABY SISTER OR ANY BABY BRO YOU SHOULD GET THIS BOOK FOR THEM THIS BOOK IS ALL ABOUT BABIES EVERYWHERE
IN THE
grocery
hotels
and etc

I would not recomment age starting from 4+ should read this book cause trust me they will feel bored but age
Chancela
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about diversity! I LOVE this book for that! I am incredibly impressed with the range of racial and age diversity included in the illustrations. It is easy to appreciate and admire babies as you relate to the things the book describes. It is important for children to see characters that look like them in literature, as well as characters that don't! This book is great for that for any age!
Mairead
Sham's mom signed A up for the Stuart Brent Children's Book Club for Christmas and every month she gets a book or two. This was last month's and we are all obsessed. The illustrations are beautiful on top of being diverse and inclusive. I cried the first time reading it because one year, babies, family. Decided we are definitely giving this to others as a consistent gift.
Maeve
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book and recommend it to all parents. The diversity of illustrations and the delight it takes in babyhood are absolute perfection. I have not made it through once without choking up at the last page out of love for my little baby.
Lisa
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: requested, f-and-g
This is a big hit for us. I like the diversity of many sorts subtly featured in the book, and my toddler loves the pictures of everything - it's fun for him to find the cats or cars or bears throughout. We both like the illustration style a lot and the text has a good rhythm when read out loud.
Modak
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
modak loved the book. He searchs baby sliding,papa's hand,baby giggling,baby crying and saying her .,"baby no cry.."...he enjoys turning the pages and watching the pictures....a lovely book for my baby
Riony
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My toddler always laughs everytime i read this book to her (especially when we reached the last page showing the illustration of a baby making a mess while she ate) I think this is a book every child can relate to 😊 love the illustrations
Lucinda
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler-books
We read this book almost every night before bed. Iris loves to look at all the different babies. I didn't realize that babies like to look at pictures of babies, who knew? They are very cute. I love Marla Frazee's illustrations (see also - All the World).
Lisa
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Understatedly lovely. Marla Frazee is known for her meticulous illustrations and these are fun; I love that they depict a diversity of families.
Suzie
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great illustrations.
Loyal
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: skylars-shelf
A great book to read to kids about babies from families of all shapes and sizes. Overall a great and inclusive book!
Joey Gremillion
Oct 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Your baby will NOT sit through a reading of this book. Simplistic text but the illustrations are too "fancy-schmancy" for little ones. File this under "Good Idea that didn't pan out".
Matt Dwyer
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My 3 month old *loves* this book! He giggles and coos at the faces of the other babies - fantastic!
Cecily V
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-is-loved
I really love looking at all of the babies in this book! I also loved putting the book in my mouth.
Brigitte
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Love the diversity of families and activities in this book! Susan Meyers and Marla Frazee make the perfect team!
Georgette Quinn
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love that breastfeeding was included in it. #normalizebreastfeeding
Goodreads Librari...: Title is in all caps for some reason? 3 56 Dec 07, 2013 12:36AM
  • Global Babies
  • Smile!
  • Molly's Family
  • King and King
  • Little Pookie
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • Hush Little Baby
  • The Seven Silly Eaters
Susan Meyers is the author of the poetry collection Keep and Give Away (University of South Carolina Press, 2006), selected by Terrance Hayes for the SC Poetry Book Prize. It also won the 2007 Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) Book Award for Poetry and the NC Poetry Society's Brockman-Campbell Book Award."
More about Susan Meyers