Start by marking “The Hunt for Zero Point: Inside the Classified World of Antigravity Technology” as Want to Read:
The Hunt for Zero Point: Inside the Classified World of Antigravity Technology

The Hunt for Zero Point: Inside the Classified World of Antigravity Technology

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  382 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
This riveting work of investigative reporting and history exposes classified government projects to build gravity-defying aircraft--which have an uncanny resemblance to flying saucers.

The atomic bomb was not the only project to occupy government scientists in the 1940s. Antigravity technology, originally spearheaded by scientists in Nazi Germany, was another high priority,
Published December 18th 2007 by Broadway Books (first published August 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Hunt for Zero Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunt for Zero Point

Suzanne Stroh
Good read? Try great read. This is another page turner. Nick Cook's indefatigable search for buried science after WWII would read like a spy thriller, if you didn't know he used to be a top editor at Jane's Defense Weekly. He is highly credible, and I can vouch for that professionally, which some reviewers have questioned. No wonder, given the subject matter. Bottom line: This is a guy who doesn't make stuff up. Anyway, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Looking for the modern legacy
Tobias
Jun 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: skepticsm, truther, the curious, the dissenters
Amazing read. i was expecting a little kookiness, but this book had none of that. There is most definatily a hidden technology breakthrough, and failure to disclose it is keeping the whole of humanity from a paradigm shift. The fall of gravity, like the fall of reilgion, has the potential to set mankind free of its social-political chains.

Also discussed heavily in this book is the German military-industrial complex, and how the SS started controlling arms & tech development, the way they str
Pedro Plassen
Jan 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent serious research on the notion that there are physics that might go beyond Relative Theory and 4-dimension time-space reality. To know that work has been done since the 30s secretly in this area and its capability to either bring free energy, faster-than-light travel or the entire destruction of a world is both thrilling and terrifying.
Mary
Apr 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: science, ufo curious
Recommended to Mary by: NPR
This book is very interesting if you are mystery and science minded- and chilling. The author is very careful about his research and has some very cool stories to tell.

Even cooler- I emailed the author a question and he answered!!

Les
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there is a book to give a newcomer to the subjects of antigravity technology and secret science, then this would have to be the one. It's a very well written account of one man's search for information and the truth about these fascinating ideas. The author is a reputable aviation journalist in his own right which means the book is well researched and presented. His search takes him from the present day back to those secretive events surrounding the snatching of German scientists and technolo ...more
Ryan
Aug 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am unsure how I ended up with this book on my Kindle. I don't remember where I found it or why I thought to read it. The author (Nick Cook) was at one point the aviation editor for Jane's Defense Weekly, a famous defense industry magazine that is read worldwide. The author’s journalism chops stand to recommend this book.

The subject matter is another thing, and needs to be dealt with very carefully: it describes the investigative exploits of Nick Cook as he travels the world, trying to discern
Phil Penhallow
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was quite a surprise as it is written in the style of a story. I would classify it as a sort of military detective story that is both thoroughly engrossing and entertaining. I would thoroughly recommend it for any fans of conspiracy theory, in particular those who are interested in anti-gravity drives. The suggestion is that the technology is available now but suppressed or in use only in deep black projects. I particularly liked the fact that according to Bill Gunston OBE the stealth ...more
Dave Graham
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book regarding some of the research into null-gravity devices (e.g. Antigravity technology). This book was recommended by author James Rollins.
Benedict Reid
Aug 11, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still not convinced. Not even slightly.
Thijs Moonen
Feb 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

- biography Schauberger
Nisha Sadasivan
This book was recommended to me by James Rollins in Sigma Force #3 - Black Order.

The rating of the book was also very good, and I picked it up almost immediately. It was very interesting, dispelling some of the superstitions regarding UFO sightings. However, beyond a point, the content became very mundane, with almost same content getting repeated again and again.

I felt it was a Ph. D thesis of Nick Cook, which a Nazi researcher would enjoy, not me.
Aengus
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you look at the lurid science fiction cover, and flip through the contents (Nazis! Suppressed free energy technology! UFOs! Did I mention NAZIS?!!), you might think "The Hunt for Zero Point" would be of limited interest to anyone outside the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy crowd. And you'd be wrong.
Nick Cook is no conspiracy monger. He was aviation editor at Janes Defence Weekly; in other words, a serious journalist. When Cook first gets wind of the possible existence of zero point technolo
Tie Webb
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, thought provoking book. Shines some light on how secret studies and programs are hidden from the public.
Nathan
Sep 10, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who hope there's a choice other than oil we're just not hearing about.
While working for various technology and defense journals, Nick Cook stumbled over clues to a secret world of scientific research deep within the military industrial complex. In scenes that remind one of Bob Woodward's meetings with Deep Throat, Cook describes his multi-year quest to get to the bottom of one of the great phantom stories of modern physics and military technology: antigravity. He traces the history of the research from its early days in the Third Reich to modern inquiries into ant ...more
Timon
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real-life X Files story. Nick Cook, a respected journalist and editor for Jane's Defense Weekly delves into the physics and science experiments dating back to WWII relating to antigravity.

Looking for the modern legacy of the antigravity research and technology development program believed to have flourished in Hitler's Germany, and which brought prototypes of flying objects to light, Cook picks up the scent and starts tracking leads. Hot on the trails of witness after witness, Cook finds many
D
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who research such topics
Recommended to D by: Self
An outstanding investigative book by a very credible author. This is no cockamamie run-of-the-mill writer framing hokum books. At some points its just his educated guess work based on what he unravels. But at many points the hardcore facts of his research are too strong to be ignored. Cook presents his case extremely well from a historically scientific, technical and albeit industrial perspective.

His quest: The truth behind the past and present of purported stealth, anti gravity propulsion syste
Gouty
A fascinating book. The author seems to have the credentials (he works for Jane’s Defense Publications), but he is saying some pretty far out things. The problem is that parts of it are documented fact, and some, while he does say that they are possibilities, are unbelievable. For example: he states that in the race to get as much Nazi technology and keep it from the Russians the US government did not prosecute some very very nasty war criminals, and even allowed them into the US. I accept this ...more
Eric
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is written by an "insider" of the world military complex. He lets us follow his trail as he unravels some mysterious high technologies. One of the strengths of the book is that he maintains a healthy skepticism throughout. In spite of this fact he does uncover some things that would make a huge impact on our modern world in spite of the fact that much of it was being developed by the Nazis over 60 years ago. There is ample evidence that anything truly revol ...more
Nynke Fokma
Sep 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
After the second world war the secret services from the various partners in the allied forces supposedly had a ball trying to confiscate as much German technology as possible before their "partners" would. Like a "technology/arms race". For who wants to know more, the The Hunt for Zero Point is a great start. Mind you, it's all highly controversial. Don't read in metanoia (gullible) state.
Brendan
This is a very strange book on a very strange subject. I am absolutely not sure what to make of it. Zero Gravity? Nazis in UFOs? Roswell? Missing Nazi Generals? Its all here.

I personally tend to avoid topics that send you down a hall of mirrors. That includes the Kennedy Assassination. It doesn't matter how important it is, or how strong your sense of outrage may be, you go in and you will never find any resolution.

Zero point and Kammler is one of those subjects. Go ahead and go in if you want
Pat Rolston
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nick Cook reminds me of Joseph P. Farrell and his attention to detail while creating a pleasurable reading experience. The author is credible and if you enjoy the search for exotic knowledge this is a book for you. There is very fascinating history with supporting information opening up the window into Operation Paperclip and the implications for alternate technologies. Enjoyable for anyone looking to better understand potentially life and world changing technologies that need to be publicized f ...more
Andrew Long
A definitive, fact-based primer to the topic of free energy. Highlights: US Government were beneficiary of free energy progress made by the Nazis. WW2 "foo fighters" were likely secret Luftwaffe projects (not aliens). Philadelphia Experiment was disinformation. Key question: why has there been no air defense progress beyond SR-71 Blackbird (47 years old, 13 years retired) and B-2 Bomber (22 years old)?
Manheim Wagner
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great page turner that reads like a great suspense book, The Hunt for Zero Point is a highly credible and cursory investigation into the existence of anti-gravity. Nick Cook's writing is superb and easy to follow. This book is a must for anyone who has every questioned the notion of gravity, the secret sciences of the Third Reich and the world of American black projects.
Joshua Wright
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!! Had no idea what this book would be about. Just got recommend to me. Turned out to be a fantastic and very interesting read. Loved the historical perspectives in the aerospace industry as well as the military history mixed in. Highly recommend it!
Oscar Sanchez
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read. To me this was all the more reason to be skeptical of UFOs (via aliens) since anti-gravity technology has been researched, studied, experimented with and used for such a long time.
Dan Pfeiffer
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To my way of thinking, this is a book by a serious, mainstream journalist who tackles a subject unfortunately tarnished by questionable esoterica; that every human being should read given the life changing implications that zero point energy represents. But what do I know?
Rae Gee
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Brilliant book! If you've got any interest in anti-gravity or zero point energy, then give this book a read. It's written in an engaging way and will catch the attention of even the non-engineers (like me). It does get heavy going but it's well worth it. Great book!
Grey Wolf
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written in a lovely literary style, and very much in the format of a quest, this book exposes half hidden facts and tries to get to the bottom of them.
Marek Herman
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great adventure, very surprising and thrilling - the only thing I would omit was the part in Poland which is not verified. Other than that, perfect!
M.K. MacInnes
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corker - I couldn't put it down. The author presents a very compelling and well set out case.
  • The Philosopher’s Stone: Alchemy and the Secret Research for Exotic Matter
  • Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion: Tesla, UFOs, and Classified Aerospace Technology
  • "Bismarck": A Minute-by-minute Account of the Final Hours of Germany's Greatest Battleship
  • Deciphering the Cosmic Number: The Strange Friendship of Wolfgang Pauli and Carl Jung
  • Proofs of a Conspiracy
  • The New Pearl Harbor Revisited: 9/11, the Cover-up & the Expose
  • A Brief History of Science
  • The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 & the Loss of Liberty
  • The Emergent Multiverse: Quantum Theory According to the Everett Interpretation
  • The Most Dangerous Book in the World: 9/11 as Mass Ritual
  • 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA
  • A Meaningful World: How the Arts and Sciences Reveal the Genius of Nature
  • Operatives, Spies, and Saboteurs: The Unknown Story of the Men and Women of World War II's OSS
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • Empire of the Clouds: When Britain's Aircraft Ruled the World