Start by marking “Harbor Moon” as Want to Read:
Harbor Moon

Harbor Moon

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When Timothy Vance receives a call from a man claiming to be his long-lost father, he takes a trip to out-of-the-way Harbor Moon, Maine. But the man is nowhere to be found and unfortunately for Tim, the town doesn't take very kindly to strangers. As he struggles to stay alive and learn the truth about his Father, Tim discovers that Harbor Moon is protecting an incredible s ...more
Published April 12th 2011 by Arcana Studio (first published February 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Harbor Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harbor Moon

Colleen Wanglund
Oct 14, 2010 rated it liked it
HARBOR MOON is a graphic novel about a town in Maine hiding a deadly secret. Tim Vance, a veteran of the Iraq war has gone to Harbor Moon to find Andrew O’Callaghan the man who called Tim claiming to be his father. After growing up in orphanages this is a great surprise to Tim. When he arrives in the small town he is greeted with threats and hostility, most strenuously by Patrick and his two thug friends. Tim discovers that Andrew has been murdered but along the way he also discovers something ...more
Alaina
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
I went in not knowing what to expect, and came out disappointed. I read other reviews praising the storytelling and knocking the art. I found all of it to be rather muddled and confusing.

At times, the art was somewhat interesting in the sketchy, highly saturated colors. Others, it just left me confused and unsure what was happening on the page. The story contributed to that as well. Maybe it was more of the fact that I couldn't find myself invested in the story, so I found myself confused and u
Edward Petersen
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Although this book is gorgeous to flip through, it is almost entirely unreadable page-by-page. The story is decent, but the artwork is so muddled, it's extremely confusing to figure out what is happening. And the truth is, the story is not terribly complicated, so that's kind of hard to accomplish. Clearly the artist was influenced by Ben Templesmith of "30 Days of Night" fame, but lacks the ability to allow the abstract art to enhance the story. Instead, it detracts from it. It's actually sad - ...more
Jason Owen
Oct 22, 2011 rated it liked it
There's a very intricate story woven through this, but the art distracted me too much, as there were some very rough panels. Sometimes I couldn't tell what I was looking at, and the panel sequences were unruly. Overall, the art was moody, dark and mysterious, which I think was the intention (see "Fell" for something similar), but too often the panel's drive for moodiness lead to ambiguity. Also, word balloon placement! There needs to be order. You can't have one word balloon centered over the co ...more
Craig
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books, werewolf
I debated on giving this three stars. The story is fine, but the art is down right bad. I think a lot of it is just too dark and sketchy and at times just too muddled. It becomes too much of a distraction.
Bennie
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I had to give this a 5 star rating. Not only is it an awsome werewolf tale but it was signed by the author before it was sent. Not only is Ryan Colucci a very talented individual he's also really nice fellow.
Dan
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Excellent graphic novel. It just became one of my favorites. Can't wait to see more by Ryan Colucci.
Paul Nelson
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Timothy Vance recently returned from active service, receives a phone call from a long forgotten Father and arrives in the elusive town Harbour Moon to find him.
Harbour Moon is a town full of secrets, there's the stereotypical hard ass sheriff, a town bully and an attractive teacher who attempts to help but is soon warned off.

A close knit community, the locals are tight lipped and unhelpful to the point of threatening but Tim soon gets a lead which gets him ever closer to discovering the towns s
Lalo
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, 2015
Harbor Moon es una novela gráfica para darle una oportunidad, me gustó mucho el arte en términos generales, aunque en ocasiones no sabía exactamente qué estaba viendo y varias veces los personajes eran confusos y no estaba seguro cuál era.

La historia aunque es interesante, es un poco clichesca y en ratos vaga. Vale la pena para pasar un buen rato y disfrutar sin esperar cosas muy complejas.
Nesie
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This gets a star bump-up simply because the story is so compelling. I only wish that the art wasn't such a high-concept hodgepodge.

I would love to see a volume 2, if only to clean up an obviously brilliant story's confusing character pencils. Don't make everyone look like lantern-jawed jocks & you're looking at an amazing new series folks.
Nightraine
Dec 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book! Thanks Ryan for allowing me to read this with a free copy. Good story and very fast pace. The visuals on the graphics were done very well too. This is one of very few graphic novels read by me and I was glad to have the chance. Keep up the good writing. Well done.
Kathryn Parry
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I only have a standard Kindle so I can't do a true review. The look of this comic style story was amazing and the short look into the series was good but I was not able to get into the story because of my Kindle.
Tate Ryan
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I realised during this that i have no interest in werewolf stories. I also found the graphic and storytelling confusing.
James
Feb 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Full review on HorrorTalk: http://www.horrortalk.com/comic-revie...
Jodie Cotgreave
Apr 01, 2015
Scott Shoyer
Aug 30, 2011
Robert
rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Sinful
  • The Animal
  • This.: A Vampire Cure for Forever
  • Blood Moon (Blood Series, #2)
  • In Dreams Begin (Harrowing #2)
  • The Savior Rises (The Gargoyle Prophecies, #1)
  • Feckless: Tales of Supernatural, Paranormal, and Downright Presumptuous Ilk
  • Daughter of Winter
  • Creepy Archives, Vol. 2
  • Treasure Lost
  • The Strange Adventures of H.P. Lovecraft Volume 1
  • Tree of Life (Tree of Life, #1)
  • Reining In (The Network, #1)
  • Pigeons From Hell
  • Curse of the Full Moon: A Werewolf Anthology
  • Old Haunts:  A London City Novel
  • Batman: Nosferatu
  • The Frenzy War (The Frenzy Wolves, #2)