Start by marking “Chequebook of the Bank of Faith - Tan/Burgundy” as Want to Read:
Chequebook of the Bank of Faith - Tan/Burgundy

Chequebook of the Bank of Faith - Tan/Burgundy

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
A short reading for every day. Spurgeon wrote this selection of readings to encourage believers to enter into the full provision that their relationship to Jesus entitled them to realise, on a daily basis. He explains we have to present the promises of Scripture to God in prayer and faith, anticipating that he will honour what he has said. Beautiful volume in tan and burgu ...more
Leather Bound, 384 pages
Published March 20th 2014 by Christian Heritage (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Chequebook of the Bank of Faith - Tan/Burgundy, please sign up.

Richard Toney i meant to add to my question Cheque book of the bank of faith charles h spurgeon broadman press nashville tenn when published old looks like a large…morei meant to add to my question Cheque book of the bank of faith charles h spurgeon broadman press nashville tenn when published old looks like a large check book not a paperback or book no date?(less)

Louisa Black
I have spent the last year using this daily reading from Spurgeon for encouragement and guidance as I use my Bible notes in the morning.For that extra shot of Biblical injection before facing the big wide world

This is a real inspiration to read and reflect on throughout the day. I purchased this on my Kindle and it is so much more accessible than lugging around a big book, that I was able to re-read this throughout the day wherever I was.

This preacher really knew how to deliver a message with hi
Rebekah
Mar 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spurgeon is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I am also reading a sermon of his each day and appreciate his depth and bold challenges to his congregations. Spurgeons writing from nineteenth century
England remind me that Christ's promises & the Gospel are never changing and that is so beautiful and encouraging.
'ME'
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All.
Recommended to 'ME' by: A dear sister in Christ.
Shelves: favourites
Its not just a daily devotional book, but its a book to pick up often through out the day. This is one of those books, that you will read over and over, it is a MUST have and a MUST read. Blessings 'ME'
Tanya
Dec 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charles Spurgeon still shines even after all these years -- his encouragement in the faith and his knowledge of Gods love to us in Christ should be part of every believer's reading menu.
Pam
Aug 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have used this in my personal devotions and quiet time repeatedly. I cannot tell you how God has ministered to me in these short little devotionals written by Spurgeon.
Wayne S.
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892) was born in Essex, England, and became a Baptist minister. In fact, he was probably Britain’s best-known preacher of the nineteenth century, serving with the New Park Street Baptist Chapel in Southwark, London, which he built into the Metropolitan Tabernacle. In addition to his public speaking, Spurgeon was involved in several charitable organizations, including an orphanage in Stockwell, and had an extensive influence through his writings.
Cheque Book of the
Sydney O (Сидней О)
This is formatted like a daily devotional and very simple to follow.

I don't usually read Spurgen, but I enjoyed this thoroughly. He isn't a pompous Bible scholar, and he isn't worried about being too "nice". (This book was no different than his messages, so if you don't like his way of communicating, you won't like this book).

I recommend it for anyone who has previously enjoyed Spurgen's sermons or books; or those, looking for a new daily read in the morning. There is a lot of knowledge in thes
Jeri Massi
When I read this book in my 20's, I would have given it five stars. It did definitely teach me to pray and to plead the promises of God. And most of the time it was encouraging and firmly rooted in sound theological reasoning based on the Bible. On the other hand, there are promises given in Scripture that cannot be appropriated for my particular situation (or any person's particular situation). Thinking that every promise in Scripture is a blank check is the anagogical fallacy. The reader needs ...more
Damson
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I whole heartedly recommend this book to any christian looking for a daily reading book. Spurgeon's writing is kind and gentle echoing the character of his Saviour. Each reading is positive and encouraging; reaffirming the very deep love Jesus has for his people. I started reading this book just after losing my job and found in it all promises I needed to stand on. Spurgeon's deep understanding of the Scripture's gives his writing depth and so provides food for the soul and revives the flagging ...more
Donna
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be one of my favorite devotional books. I used it 3 years in a row during a dark period in my life. Each day brought me to a promise of God's and He will keep that promise in his perfect time, but I must endorse that promise and take it to the bank if Faith! A great encouragement. I have given copies of thus little book to many seeking to give them encouragement.
Abigail Hartman
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
Though nothing seems quite able to top Morning by Morning, this devotional is a good, worthwhile book for beginning the day. Spurgeon is quite solid, mixing the encouragement of the promises of God with pricks for the conscience - spurring readers on to love and good works.
Read1000books
One of the best devotionals I've ever read. Each day has a one page devotion based on a Bible promise. Outside of just a few Victorian words or references (easily defined/explained using Google, etc.), the topics are so applicable to today, you would never know it was written in the 1880's. Highly recommended.
Cat Miglionico
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an oldie but goodie it's short for those pressed for time yet plenty of depth to glean from Gods word and draw closer to Him, Very applicable to modern world !
Dwight Walker
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very insightful daily devotions based on a scripture but some really good thoughts and prayer ideas come out of it
John Yelverton
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spurgeon's mastery of the Bible and his ability to cut to the heart of scripture passages comes shining through in this short, but invaluable devotional.
Hannah
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This might be my favorite devotional book. (The size certainly helps that--it fits in my purse like a checkbook!) Charles Spurgeon's clear, simple writings always seem to hit me where I need it.
Lynda Newman
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy reading Spurgeon, he helps me keep my eyes on the Lird!
faithful
Apr 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-growth
2010 devotional -- the daily readings were a bit shorter than I'd like but it dovetailed nicely with Streams in the Dessert.
Michael
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devotional book based on Biblical quotations and premises.. Very challenging and inspiring as well as a good book of guidance.
Rick
Aug 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good way to get into Spurgeon's heart. Called the 'prince of preachers' this British leader has influenced countless lives.
Cary Nack
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lesser known work by Spurgeon. After using it for my personal devotions this past year I can confidently say it is a hidden treasure packed full of encouragement. I'm surprised it's not more popular. It's worth keeping next to your bible for dark days...or a dark year.
Andrew Sorrentino
Didn't finish. I borrowed a digital copy from the library and it was returned before I finished. Awesome content, beautiful promises. I'll consider a paper copy to own and review for the future.
An occasional editing mistake here and there was a minor distraction in the edition I borrowed.
James Nixon
Jul 20, 2016
Rose
Jan 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
World Radio’s Cla...: Recommendations for the Print Edition 1 1 Jan 07, 2017 05:29PM
  • Edges of His Ways
  • Prayer
  • Joy Unspeakable: Power & Renewal in the Holy Spirit
  • The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life
  • Corrie Ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels' Den (Chrisitan Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Mornings with Tozer: Daily Devotional Readings
  • Broken-Down House: Living Productively in a World Gone Bad
  • More: How You Can Have More of the Spirit When You Already Have Everything in Christ
  • God at Work: Your Christian Vocation in All of Life
  • Mark of Blood and Alchemy (Curio #0.5)
  • Principles of Conduct: Aspects of Biblical Ethics
  • Children of the Living God
  • Caught Off Guard: Encounters with the Unexpected God
  • Reformed Dogmatics Volume 3: Sin and Salvation in Christ
  • Start Your New Life Today: An Exciting New Beginning with God
  • Creation Regained: Biblical Basics for a Reformational Worldview
  • The Answer to the Atheist's Handbook
  • Love Has a Face: Mascara, a Machete and One Woman's Miraculous Journey with Jesus in Sudan
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-92) was England's best-known preacher for most of the second half of the nineteenth century. In 1854, just four years after his conversion, Spurgeon, then only 20, became pastor of London's famed New Park Street Church (formerly pastored by the famous Baptist theologian John Gill). The congregation quickly outgrew their building, moved to Exeter Hall, then to Surrey M ...more
More about Charles Haddon Spurgeon...

“October 25 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33 SEE how the Bible opens: “In the beginning God.” Let your life open in the same way. Seek with your whole soul, first and foremost, the kingdom of God, as the place of your citizenship, and his righteousness as the character of your life. As for the rest, it will come from the Lord himself without your being anxious concerning it. All that is needful for this life and godliness “shall be added unto you.” What a promise this is! Food, raiment, home, and so forth, God undertakes to add to you while you seek him. You mind his business, and he will mind yours. If you want paper and string, you get them given in when you buy more important goods; and just so all that we need of earthly things we shall have thrown in with the kingdom. He who is an heir of salvation shall not die of starvation; and he who clothes his soul with the righteousness of God cannot be left of the Lord with a naked body. Away with carking care. Set all your mind upon seeking the Lord. Covetousness is poverty, and anxiety is misery: trust in God is an estate, and likeness to God is a heavenly inheritance. Lord, I seek thee; be found of me.” 2 likes
“The Lord may not give gold, but he will give grace: he may not give gain, but he will give grace.” 1 likes