Start by marking “Dream War” as Want to Read:
Dream War

Dream War

3.2  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Decades ago, the CIA developed the technology to enter our dreams and extract information. It was just a matter of time before they took things a little too far...

DREAM WAR
1980. Hector Lopez joins a CIA enterprise capable of entering dreams and extracting information. Lopez saves hundreds of hostages' lives by dream-linking to terrorists and foiling their plans. When the R
Nook
Published July 14th 2010 by Smashwords, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Dream War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream War

Zeek
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dream War begins by introducing us to Hector Lopez, a marine passed over for promotion but invited to take part in a secretive program that enters into the covert metaphysical realm. The government has learned to infiltrate dreams and it wants to use it's new toy as a weapon. But their visions of glory are quickly deflated when the program implodes before their very eyes- but not before Lopez learns of a fantastical world existing right along with ours!

Years later Lopez masquerades as a burnt ou
Travis Stein
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With this being my 2nd Kindle book and for $2.99, I wasn't sure how good or bad Dream War was going to be. As it turns out, I was pleasantly surprised. Dream War starts out in the 1980's where the CIA is rumored to be developing experimental technology capable of entering people's dreams and extracting information from them. Enter Lt. Hector Lopez, a marine soon to be turned into the CIA's newest recruit to lead their dream link technology. At first, the intentions of the dream link branch of th ...more
Sheila
Aug 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I met Stephen Prosapio in a gather.com writing contest and loved his entry, Dream War. But I always wondered how the different pieces would end up fitting together… a helicopter rescue, secrets stolen from dreams by CIA spies, a man and a woman vacationing in Italy, and bubbles of nightmares falling from the sky… Well, now I know, and the result was well worth waiting for.

Long after the CIA have dropped their dream science program, Lopez continues to fight the creatures of the night. Meanwhile D
Les Edgerton
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crackling read!
Joann Buchanan
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephen Prosapio's writing has a way of pulling you in and keeping you guessing at the same time. His style is a unique blend of modern day thriller with yesterday's feel.

When the CIA pulls US Marine Lt. Hector Lopez from a mission to rescue the hostages and puts him to work at the Oneirology Institute of America, the OIA. The OIA is designed to be a training place for a new technology called Dream Linking.

Stephen Prosapio uses historical hijackings in 1981 to dramatize the plot and to bring yo
Wendy
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, scify
"Dream War" is a science fiction thriller that verges on the probable as it explores the use of futuristic technology to circumvent potential terrorist attacks. A part of the CIA's counter-intelligence plan is to form a group that uses NOCTURN, an altered acronym for Night-Oriented Connection to Uncover and Retrieve Information, to track the brain waves of terrorists during REM sleep and counter their malicious intent. In the 1980's Hector Lopez, a former marine is enlisted as a Special Agent to ...more
Diane
I found this book offered as a free Kindle download. This was an exciting and face-paced story, with an entertaining mix of history, science fiction, espionage, religion, metaphysics, and mystery.

The early chapters take place in the 1980s . The CIA has developed technology enabling agents to extract intelligence information from terrorists by entering their dreams and interacting with them. Hector Lopez is a marine recruited by the CIA and trained in the use of this technology. Hector and his t
Debbie Allen
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the introduction to Dream War! Oneirology: The Scientific study of dreams... The explanation and historical references hooked me straight away. The main character Lieutenant Hector Lopez came across as vulnerable, but grew stronger as the story unfolded, especially when we reached the present day.He had an attractive quality where I visualized him straight away. The story was so well written and descriptive that random images continued to leap from the page.
For me 'Dream War' was packed
Simon
Aug 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
I enjoyed this book as it was a new take on the good vs evil, heaven vs hell story.

The main character is a Hector Lopez who in the 1980's joined a special CIA team experimenting in entering peoples dreams and extracting information from them. Everything goes wrong for the team when an Italian terrorist group the Red Brigade, kidnaps a US General.

While targeting members of the red brigade for information Lopez finds the he is not alone within their dreams that something else is there from a dim
Bigal-sa
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
A difficult book to rate or comment on. I'm not even sure in which genre it belongs. It didn't hold my attention all that well as I read (and finished) two other books while reading it.

I think what went wrong for me was when the author started bringing monsters into the story. He seemed to want to turn it into a horror story, but that didn't work for me at all. I developed very little affinity for the characters and I still can't figure out what was so important about the little girl.
Marianne Søiland
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are in search of a different book, this one is definately worth checking out! I was thoroughly in doubt whether Prosapio managed to put the whole story toghether towards the end, but he did that brilliantly! This is Sci-Fi mixed with known elements and actual political events, and it makes the story very credible. Maybe you should think twice about what to wish for in your dreams...?

Anna
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished reading this yesterday and really enjoyed it. Great cast of characters and a fascinating plot to go along with it. Definitely a book I would read again.
Charity
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I was never one for conspiracy theories, but this book grabbed and kept ahold of me the whole time!
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 1/22/13
Lyle A
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing - I wanted more - I was waiting at the end for another book - it was that good
Angela
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very scary book!
Peter
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent read but despite ramping things up to a climax I want overly concerned about the fate of our heroes.
Jason
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book took off as a cold war CIA with some sci fi elements. We have developed the technology to go into bad guys minds while they sleep, and plant things. I loved the concept of it.

Then the took took a left turn, that I am still not entirely sure I like. The dream channel is not only being used by us, but by another sinister user. Something like a demon, who wants to cross over into our world. He can only complete this by causing pain and suffering in our world and planting little parts of hi
Sunny
May 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much left unanswered. It started slowly but got exciting in the middle with a lot going on at one time. I still felt there were a lot of empty holes and something didn't feel quite right about the story. The first 30% of the book drags but it does pick up but the end just drops off and you're left thinking "All that, and that's it?"
Brenda
May 17, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Reading on my tablet. Don't know why I am having such a hard time reading this book. It is the second one I have tried to read on my tablet, but I read on my Kindle all the time. Maybe I need to put it back and try again later. I started it on May 20 and it NEVER takes me that long to read a book.
Hal Zenner
Was thinking this book was similar in genre to "Inception" (the movie), but once it involved the supernatural, I lost interest. Predictable good vs evil spirits.
Kannan
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Really confused me as to if this was science fiction or religious!
Kathy
Aug 27, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Started out interesting then unexpectedly became preachy. I can usually abide a little of that but this was too much. I didn't bother finishing it.
Holly
dnf. just couldn't find the motivation to pick this up again!
Heather
This was interesting but I didn't really buy the premise. The language was a bit strong for my taste and I would never want to see this in a movie.
Jennie
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, thriller
Overall an enjoyable read, but maybe 1/3 of a book too long.
Ricky
Jul 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Deleted Scenes 1 6 Apr 20, 2011 11:30AM
  • Cyberdrome
  • Everywhere But No Place (Messages From The Unseen World, #1)
  • Undetectable (Great Minds Thriller, #2)
  • The Halo Revelations
  • Iona Portal
  • Walker
  • Redemption Protocol (Contact 1)
  • Life, Inc.
  • Guns of Seneca 6 (Guns of Seneca 6, #1)
  • Dawn of Destiny (Epic, #1)
  • Blood Forest
  • The Spider and the Fly (The Spiderverse Saga, #1)
  • Dream Walker
  • Guardian of Time (The Prophecies, #2)
  • The Enclave
  • Coding Isis
  • Halfskin (Halfskin, #1)
  • Wrecked (Bad Metal, #1)
Stephen Prosapio received his Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science from DePaul University in Chicago. After reporting for one of the nation’s largest fantasy football websites, footballguys.com, Stephen wrote his first novel, Dream War. Competing against 2,676 other novels, it won a Top Five Finalist award in Gather.com’s 2007 First Chapters contest. Dream War was released as an eBook in ...more
More about Stephen Prosapio...