Start by marking “Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas” as Want to Read:
Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas

Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas

Facets of Unity presents the Enneagram of Holy Ideas as a crystal clear window on the true reality experienced in enlightened consciousness. Here we are not directed toward the psychological types but the higher spiritual realities they reflect. We discover how the disconnection from each Holy Idea leads to the development of its corresponding fixation, thus recognizing e ...more
Published September 5th 2000 by Shambhala (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Facets of Unity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Facets of Unity

Eugene Pustoshkin
That’s a great book to read. I will definitely re-read it. Lucidly written, lots of useful information about archetypal Ideas, with practical implications in terms of tracking down one’s ego defense mechanisms.
Day-v
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Usually Almaas is too heady for me, but this book is working. He has a great introductory chapter on Basic Trust! I disagree with his thesis that our enneagram type is "caused" by the type of parenting we receive since I was able to tell which types my boys were (and other friends children) within a week of their birth! Certainly parenting impacts us, but we come to earth with strong pre-dispositions. Emphasis on Holy Ideas---and I'm really working with these to open my psyche to the divine--nev ...more
Steven Kessler
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best Enneagram book I ever read.
Best description of Basic Trust, also.
Ruan
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great overview of the enneagram system of understanding psychology and insights of the real in man's inner essence. Almaas' painstaking efforts at accuracy and precision on topics that easily confuse is much appreciated.
Andrew
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
A little thin there are bvetter books
Katherine
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Having already studied the Enneagram quite a bit, this book provided me with a more advanced understanding from a spiritual perspective, which was what I was hoping for. I learned a lot about how the different types interrelate from the way in which each chapter about the various types built off each other and emphasized the relationships among the topics. This is the second book by Almaas I've read this year, and I'm quite taken with his spiritual perspective. I look forward to reading more of ...more
Michael Lassoff
Feb 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If there were cards for the Diamond Approach, I would get one. I like spiritual writing very much, and Almaas is the crem d'la crem. This book may not be the best for beginners.
Carol Schindler
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I found it so helpful. I'm reading it a second time and will probably read it a third.
Khurshid Timothy
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This man has amazing insight into the Human psyche, and the path to Remembering our Perfection.
Lucinda Winslow
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, profound, deepens with every reading.
Annette
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
When transcend the conventional view of the enneagram as a personality map, we come to a deeper understanding of its offer. This book takes us there.
Leonard Jacobs
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Challenging and insightful. Not the place to start, but part of the journey of understanding this system. By one of the masters of it.
Beth
Jan 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Still working through this in combination with Sandra Maitri's Spiritual Dimensions of the Enneagram. Maitri is more accessible, but the original is Almaas. Great book.
Dorote Lucci
Jul 12, 2007
Ann Viveros
Mar 13, 2013
Richard
rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2009
  • Time Line Therapy and the Basics of Personality
  • The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life
  • Character and Neurosis: An Integrative View
  • Embracing the Beloved: Relationship as a Path of Awakening
  • Monsters and Magical Sticks: There's No Such Thing as Hypnosis?
  • The Revolutionary Trauma Release Process: Transcend Your Toughest Times
  • Integral Spirituality
  • The Master Game (Consciousness Classics)
  • Discovering the Enneagram: An Ancient Tool a New Spiritual Journey
  • Are You My Type, Am I Yours? Relationships Made Easy Through the Enneagram
  • Will and Spirit
  • Beliefs: Pathways to Health & Well-Being
  • Love Worth Making: How to Have Ridiculously Great Sex in a Lasting Relationship
  • The Spiritual Life of Children
  • Journey of the Heart: The Path of Conscious Love
  • Sara Learns the Secret about the Law of Attraction (Sara, #1)
A.H. Almaas is the pen name of A. Hameed Ali, the creator of the Diamond Approach to Self Realization. The Diamond Approach is a contemporary teaching that developed within the context of awareness of both ancient spiritual teachings & modern depth psychological theories.