Start by marking “Not Another Bad Date” as Want to Read:
Not Another Bad Date

Not Another Bad Date (Writer Friends #4)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  9,940 Ratings  ·  373 Reviews
Fed up by a seemingly endless line of lousy dates with uncouth, mannerless boors, Adele Harris heads back to her hometown to help her "perfect" sister cope with the breakup of her marriage, only to run into Zach Zamaitis, a former professional football star and the one man who got away.
Unabridged - Library Ed - 7 Cassettes / 8.50 Hours
Published 2009 by Recorded Books, LLC (first published May 27th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Not Another Bad Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Another Bad Date

Tammy
Heavy on narration.

Light on dialogue.

A few hot scenes.

Very little humor.

No good one-liners worth quoting this time.

The overall storyline was pretty good, even if it wasn't the most original. Fantasy writer, Adele Harris, is convinced someone has cursed her with a slew of bad dates. All of her dates end in the most bizarre ways. Little does she know that the bitch who tormented her in high school (Devon) and then stole the only man she ever loved (football star Zach Zematis) placed a curse on
Cyndi
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a lot of really funny parts. I laughed out loud quite often. Sometimes the characters didn’t quite hit their potential which is why I held back a star. But it was still an excellent book.
So, it seems that mean girls get the power to continue their torment from purgatory. This mean girl got pg on purpose to trap the college football star. At the time he had turned his affections to the quiet bookworm the mean girl had tortured all through high school. He marries the mean girl, dum
Auntee
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of witty, steamy, contemporary romance
How does she do it? Yet another winner from Rachel Gibson! Being less than bowled over from my last RG read (I'm In No Mood For Love) after a string of consecutive winners, I was a little hesitant to pick up another one. But what was I worried about? I just finished the first in what I hope will be a new string of can't-put-down/ somehow-made-me-cry reads for 2012.

This one is a reunion romance. A reunion 14 years later between former college lovers Adele Harris and Zach Zemaitis. Big, blond, bro
Daisiemae
Apr 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance Lovers/ Rachel Gibson Fans- Pamela P
Recommended to Daisiemae by: queuemyreview.com

When I pick up a Rachel Gibson novel, I know that I am in for a treat! Her characters are always funny and heartfelt, and quite honestly she writes about people that I would like to be friends with. Not Another Bad Date is no exception! It starts off with a bang and never let up throughout the novel. I literally devoured it in one day. I put off housework and lazed around the house, until I finished it from cover to cover.

Devon Hamilton-Zemaitis is having a beautiful funeral. Buried in her expe
Mo
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What does a gal have to do to get a good date in this town?

Well, this was the final instalment in the “Writers” series from Rachel Gibson. Probably my least favourite = why? Not sure. Maybe I should take a break between reading books in a series and read some different stuff in between. Saying that it was a good, enough 3.5 stars read for me.

He is a High School football coach, she is an author, visiting her sister to take care of her 13 year old niece. They had a past connection but had not seen
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Not Another Bad Date has a reunion of lovers and broken hearts in the past theme. It has ghosts too and it's the reason behind all Adele's jinxed dates for the past three years. Those dates provide the only a bit of humour here.

To be honest it was kind of boring. I mean, after all those hints in previous three books about Adele's love life, you get this. Add an annoying teenager, almost no grovelling after some harsh statements, cheese-fest in the end and it's no wonder I could hardly wait to fi
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audible, steamy
This is the fourth and last of the Writer Friends series. You don't really need to read the others, but you might as well read the first two because they're actually good. Unlike this one.

Yeah, the series peters out something fierce. I had such high hopes for the fantasy author of the group, but Gibson seriously dropped the ball, here. This is a second-chance love story and it has the exact same problem as Gibson's other second-chance story does: sex as a stand-in for working out legitimate issu
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: avonreview
Reviewed for Avon Books (Harper Collins)

Ok, a show of hands...How many of us can relate to the title of this book? WOW! That's a lot of hands. But I least I never felt like I was cursed...yet that's exactly what's happened to the lead character from Rachel Gibson's latest novel "Not Another Bad Date". I always enjoy reading Ms. Gibson's books since I know I can count on her to deliver a sexy romance with a heavy helping of humor (how's that for alliteration?) and interesting characters. She cert
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Michelle by: Anyone - a solid Rachel Gibson read
Shelves: 4-star, nook-tbr, sports
4 Stars

Again, another really nice read from Rachel Gibson. I'm getting very close to having read all her books. They are quick reads, some are really fun, but all will touch your heart just bit. I just love this author. I've said it over and again. Every one of her books are "read agains". I just love them.

This book is about a women who has pretty bad luck dating. Her sister calls her needing her to come to TX to help her with her teen-ager. The sister is pregnant and the pregnancy isn't going w
Karina Garcia
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ayyyy el ultimo libro de la serie...que pena...he disfrutado muchísimo cada uno de los cuatro que la componen, me han encantado.
Anita
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Gibson is one of my go to authors when I want a light, witty and sexy romance. "Not Another Bad Date" is all that and more. This is a second chance romance and the H/h have it rough not only due to the circumstances of their breakup, but also due to the circumstances of their reunion. There is also a little meddling going on from the hereafter.

Adele Harris has had three years of nothing but absolutely lousy dates. She must be cursed, or crazy, or both. Now she has to move home in order t
Zeek
Feb 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-rom, romance
In Not Another Bad Date, Adele Harris- (the last of her writer friends to be married)- is forced to move back home when her brother-in-law ditches her sister. Her usually squared away sister, pregnant and rasing a 13 yr old daughter, desperately needs Adele to help her keep it together. Adele of course cannot refuse- despite the fact Cedar Creek, Texas is the last place she'd ever want to live again.

When arriving home she runs smack into- you guessed it- her first love, (first everything), foot
Hollie
Predictable but sweet second chance at love romance.

This book was ok even though it was quite simple. It made for a decent light read. I wish there had been more character and plot development but if you are looking for an easy read this will do the trick.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The 4th in the series by Rachel Gibson. I loved it! Thanks Daisiemae! Rachel Gibson is quickly becoming one of my fave authors with her brand of light and witty romances.
Blodeuedd Finland
Adele and Zach used to date, then they broke up and honestly, the reason why?! Why do you doom yourself to a life of miserable? Honor, ok. Sure, do the honorable thing and spend a life in misery, I am sure that makes every happy. So yes I did not like the reason they broke up. It was honorable, but in the end so stupid.

Adele and Zach meet again. He is a widower with a kid. He used to be a professional football player. He is a total hunk. While Adele is there to care for her sister and niece. And
Jasmine
Nov 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say this was a must-read book in romance but it wasn't a time waster either. Basically, this book was just another fun and fast read by Rachel Gibson.

Adele Harris is a beautiful and successful 35 year-old writer who has been unlucky in love for the past 3 years. Lousy date after lousy date, she is begining to wonder if there is something wrong with her which turns normal nice guys into losers.

Then, a family matter occurs and she has to go back to her hometown in Texas to help her sister
Thenia
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adele, the last single writer friend of the quartet, finally gets her happy ending.

Adele finds herself returning to her hometown in order to help her pregnant sister who's going through a divorce. There, she bumps into Zach, her college boyfriend who broke her heart. He was the popular jock who found nerdy young Adele attractive but (view spoiler)
Christa
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksfree-com
Adele Harris doesn't just feel like all of her dates for the past three years have been cursed - they really have been - by deceased Devon, the girl who not only tormented Adele throughout their school years, but also got pregnant and married the man Adele loved. Adele is back in her home town in Texas taking care of her niece while her sister spends the last months of her pregnancy in the hospital. Adele is horrified to run into Zach Zemaitis, her first love, after all these years. Unfortunatel ...more
Lauren
Not Another Bad Date
5 Stars

Adele Harris has been plagued by a string of terrible dates and has given up on the opposite sex. But her vow to stay away from men is put to the test when she returns to her hometown and comes face to face with Zack Zemaitis, the one who not only got away but broke her heart in the process. Can Adele and Zack put aside their differences and regain the passion they once shared?

A wonderful conclusion to an excellent series that has got me back into reading contemporary
Christel
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any contemporary romance readers
Recommended to Christel by: Avon Books
Shelves: rachel-gibson
Reviewed for Avon Books.

I loved this book!!! For the author to live in Idaho she really knows what goes on on Friday nights in Texas, High School football. As a born and raised Texan she decribes it perfectly!!! The storyline is well thought out and the characters are well developed. I loved the scenes with Devon and the Angel, Mrs. Harbarger. Just too funny!! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a feel good story. I guess I am going to have to find the 3 previous books in this series
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed with this book. The way Zach treats Adele during a couple crucial scenes was horrible and how Adele ran back to him was even worse.

I could have done with out the levels of Heaven part.
Yona
The book was a little strange, but not too bad.
Eline
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, favorites
What can I say? I always like a good chicklit... I can even say I need this kind of books from time to time, just to feel good ^^. Rachel Gibson succeeded again and let the reader behind with a good feeling and the idea everything will work out after all. The strange thing is Gibson always writes books I really love, though the concept is always the same. Especially in the four "writer friends" books. Every single time we find a woman not looking for love but finding it nevertheless and that in ...more
Lynn
An okay read. Not much really happens. I kept waiting for the story to "start", but apart from a tiny bit of conflict near the final third of the book, there really was no "story" to the story.

Adele Harris had her heart broken by Zach Zemaitis when they were in college and he dumped her to marry her rival, Devon. When Adele returns to her home town to lend a hand to her sister, who is laid up with a problematic pregnancy, she tries to resist the feelings she has for Zach that never managed to g
Nina
Nov 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leave it to Rachel Gibson to put together just the right amount of everything for a great feel good romance book. I love her books and she is amongst the writers whose books I wouldn't think twice about buying.

Simply Irresistible and See Jane Score are still my favorites of hers but this one met my expectations just right. I'm only giving this 4 stars because Rachel Gibson's usual talent of writing humorous dialogues doesn't show up in this book, and Devon gaining her way up in heaven scenes are
Jenn Scranton
As I have mentioned on numerous occasions... I am a fan of Rachel Gibson's light hearted writing. Not Another Bad Date was the final installment into the Writer Friends series, and I must admit that it really wasn't my favorite, hence the 2 stars.

I'm not even going to bother with the summary. I see now what Gibson did with each book in this series. She wrote the book based upon each author's genre.
1. Lucy - Crime: Met husband by being a suspect in a string of homicides and he was the investigati
Elisha
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Weird.

I just figured out why I got so bored with this series. There was too much narration going on and not so much dialog and action. Narration is fine, it's not bad. But it only works if it's written in a John Green kind of way.

Also, all the characters are the same. Seriously. The girls fall in love at the same time. They experience the same realization, go through the same scenes while they realize they are in love with the guy they're sleeping with. And then some big fall out happens and th
Colleen
Total fluff, but what else can you expect from chick-lit? It's not a serious book by any means, but that's what I loved about it. If I wanted serious, I would turn on the news.

Zach and Adele dated in college until Zach's ex-girlfriend turned up pregnant and he was forced to do the honorable thing. Fast forward 14 years and the two meet up again in Adele's old hometown (where she returned to take care of her sister). Zach's previous wife is now deceased and he is raising his 13 year old daughter
Chelsea
Nov 24, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still unsure why I finished this book. What a waste of my time. Fortunately, I just skimmed the last 200 pages, so it was a quick read. Here's the scoop about my disappointment:

So, it started out REALLY clean and appropriate. A little innuendo, but not even that bad at all. Until around 150 pages and BOOM...like a 5 page sex scene. I was fortunately enough to recognize that this was not worth reading, so I skipped it and hoped we were done. But of course, then I checked the spine of the book
Anica
Aug 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Maybe it was because I had no expectations at all or maybe I just had way too many sucky books before this one, but I have to say, I actually liked reading this one. A lot.

The plot was good, and the heroine was nice. Yeah, okay, the hero tended to be a total jerk at the end, but somehow, it made sense I guess. Plus, there is always this "I love him, but he doesn't love me, so let's be emo for a while, until he noticed he loves her, too, and they live happily ever after". The good thing was thou
Interested in being an early reviewer for NOT ANOTHER BAD DATE? 6 60 Nov 05, 2015 04:39PM
  • Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas, #2)
  • Public Displays of Affection
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Baby, Don't Go
  • Tall Tales and Wedding Veils (Playboys, #2)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Hot Stuff (Hot Zone, #1)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's
More about Rachel Gibson...

Writer Friends (4 books)
  • Sex, Lies, and Online Dating (Writer Friends, #1)
  • I'm In No Mood For Love  (Writer Friends, #2)
  • Tangled Up In You (Truly Idaho, #2; Writer Friends, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
“I'm beginning to think I need you like I need oxygen” 20 likes
“He looked into her face and tossed her sweater on the floor. "I thank God you walked out of my memory and into my life.” 14 likes