Start by marking “The Dreamland Chronicles: Book One” as Want to Read:
The Dreamland Chronicles: Book One

The Dreamland Chronicles: Book One (The Dreamland Chronicles #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Alexander Carter has found a key that takes him back to the land of his childhood dreams. Now every night he enters Dreamland - a magical world filled with Dragons, Fairies, and Giants. Re-united with his childhood friends Paddington, Kiwi, and Nastajia, Alexander now embarks on a quest to save Dreamland from war with the nightmare realm.
Published December 1st 2006 by Blue Dream Studio (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Dreamland Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dreamland Chronicles

Jeremy Stephens
I would like to start off by saying that I really didn't like this book. After reading it, however, I decided that the only way I could give it a fair review is to try to consider it from the point of view of someone who is around 12-14 years old. If I were a kid, I'd probably enjoy this book. The simplistic story and bright pictures are done in the comic style many younger readers enjoy. I found the art work to be rather cheesy myself, but then again, I have read countless comics over the years ...more
Kristen
I was skeptical about the graphics at first - generally a little more computer generated than I like. The story line proved to make up for the iffy graphics and I'll definitely be on the lookout for the next book in the series as I totally fell in love with the story.
Lisa
I really like the concept of going to a real fantasy land when you sleep, but I didn't like the art very much. I feel bad because in the back of the book, the artist-author was so proud of the computer program he had where he could create all the characters and then pose them in comic-strip boxes. But I think the characters and their scenes would have been more dynamic if they had been drawn out in the traditional way.
Heather
All of my boys are comic book fans. Big time. I bought this one based on good reviews and let my now 9-yr-old read it before I did. Then I figured I should make sure it's okay. It was.

The story is about a boy who has all sorts of adventures in Dreamland then stops dreaming at 12 or so. As a young adult he starts to dream again, but is helping with a pysch research project and they're concerned because as soon as he starts dreaming, he flatlines.

So the book is part what's happening to him current
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: book was nominated for a cybils award.

Summary: When Alexander was a little boy he used to dream every night that he was in Dreamland with his friends: Nastajia the elf girl, Kiwi the fairy and Paddington Rumblebottom the third, a rock boy. Ah, the adventures they had but after a particularly frightening episode the dreams stopped until one day in his college dorm Alexander receives a care package from his mom with a necklace of a sword, he mysteriously brought back from Dream
Kit
Nov 07, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What if you could revisit the fantasyland you played in as a child, and found that all your friends there had grown up too? In The Dreamland Chronicles, a webcomic turned into a three-volume print series, children can visit a place called Dreamland in their sleep, where they have tame adventures and are watched over by friendly elves, fairies, and other creatures. Alexander, an immature, slacker college student, unexpectedly finds himself revisiting Dreamland. He'd forgotten all about it in the ...more
Laura Lewis
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My fiancé has been following the comics the entire time we've been together. I picked this and volume 2 up on a whim, figuring that he might enjoy the novelty of it.

I began reading it last night because I was up with a bad cough and went into the living room to keep from waking him up. By the time it passed and I was able to go back to bed, I had nearly devoured the entire volume.

The graphics aren't my favorite, and you can see how the artist had a bit to learn about natural body posture and rea
Heather
Jun 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have NO idea why these excellent booksa re attributed to a different. albiet simlarly spelled author. However, I want to make sure to review the correct ones... Dreamland Chronicles is an AWESOME graphic novel. Brilliantly designed and drawn, with wamr, compassionate and dynamic characters, and gorgeous scenery. Written magnificently, Dreamland is the branchild of Scot Chritian Salva, who should be among the heros of comics and graphic art fans everywhere. He offers his excellent books for fre ...more
Mystistar115 The Bookist
The Dreamland Chronicles by Scott Christian Sava was about a boy named Alex who when he was younger had very vivid dreams but all the sudden they stopped. The dreams then started again. The book had interesting pictures but a very basic plot line. I would recommend this to a kid in 6th-8th grade or younger.
Youth
Jan 19, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-manga
I really enjoyed this series so far. Number 4 comes out summer of 2010. I would recommend for Junior High and up. Language is mostly clean - the only issue may be costumes of some characters. Otherwise - it really grabs you and keeps your attention! SD
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

The Dreamland Chronicles (7 books)
  • The Dreamland Chronicles (Dreamland Chronicles, #2)
  • The Dreamland Chronicles (Dreamland Chronicles, #3)
  • The Dreamland Chronicles (Dreamland Chronicles, #4)
  • The Dreamland Chronicles (Dreamland Chronicles, #5)
  • The Dreamland Chronicles (Dreamland Chronicles, #6)
  • The Dreamland Chronicles (Dreamland Chornicles, #7)