Start by marking “A Valentine's Kiss” as Want to Read:
A Valentine's Kiss

A Valentine's Kiss

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
This Valentine's day Imogen is going to meet the man of her dreams, if only she can discover who he is At a gloriously over-the-top house party in the balmy South of France, trainee chef Imogen finds herself playing blind man's buff with a host of impossibly handsome men, when one of them kisses her. It's the most perfect kiss she's ever experienced in her short—and frankl ...more
Published January 20th 2011 by Ebury Press

To ask other readers questions about A Valentine's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Valentine's Kiss

Chloe
Sep 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Imogen is feeling a bit trapped looking after her brothers and sisters at home in England, so when she is offered the chance to go and live in France and work as a trainee chef, she grabs it with both hands. She soon finds herself settling in in France, making brand new friends and enjoying life again. But when her American friend Bunny throws a lavish party and the guests all play Blind Man’s Buff, Imogen gets kissed and she can’t believe that it’s the best kiss she’s ever had. The only problem ...more
Chanpreet
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Imogen is a young girl who's lost in the middle of her family. She's the odd one out, physically and mentally. She's used as unpaid help for her brothers and sisters. Her mother Elsa Peach, is an artist who values creativity above all things. And she hates cooking. Elsa hasn't cooked since the day her husband walked out on her, so Imogen has hidden her affinity for cooking and food from her. Imogen is given the chance to go to France and cook, and she takes it.

Shy Imogen is trying hard to prove
Ancie Wilfred
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
The book, I guess, does deserve all 5 stars ... or at least 4. The reason I'm opting to give 3 is that it wasn't really my cup of tea.
Too many recipes n descriptions of dishes. Too much suspense ... when I could guess the solution just half-way through the mystery.
Most importantly, I couldn't understand why the heroine had to have such an antique name - Imogen! Reading it as frequently as I had to wasn't fun either.

But I guess there may be people out there who may like or, even love, the romanti
Shannon
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
So it took me a while to actually get into this book & feel like I was enjoying it but once I did, I enjoyed this book.

It's definitely worth a read.
PrettyFlamingo
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.75. Full review to follow.
Hannah Maskell
Feb 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, the character imogine really is a romantic. Her valentines kiss really does lead her off on an amazing story, all the characters were interesting and funny! from the crazy americans to the local french residents and of course her friends back home. Lucie Harts descriptions of the french coast made me want to move to france myself with the beach, book shops and patisseries! along with the romantic french atmosphere that she presents she not only relates to love itself but to th ...more
Romy Sommer
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is more a journey of self-discovery than a romance, but the romantic elements (the whodunit portion of the novel) are what kept me turning the pages.

I love stories in which a repressed, taken-for-granted heroine discovers her true potential, so of course I loved this story.

There were times when I felt the story lagged, but I read it all in one sitting, which can't be bad!

With a de-light-ful cast of secondary characters, numerous references to my favourite author (Georgette Heyer) and some
Jenny
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
There are times when the story shows great promise but as it goes on, the hunt for the mystery man becomes more and more frustrating, and when their identity is revealed, it feels like a disappointment. The mystery man hardly factors in the story and the author hasn't really depicted him well as a character that as a reader, I was indifferent to him being revealed as the mystery of the man. Also, whilst I respect Imogen's new found freedom, her frequent urge to strip off whenever near the water ...more
Jirinka (sony08)
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is a chick-lit, but a clever one.
It's not your usual girl meets boy and at the end kiss and make up.
Imogen leaves her demanding sibling in London and moves to southern France to start working as a kitchen assistant to pursue her dream of becoming a chef.
She meets all sorts of new friends and at a party whilst playing Blind Man's Bluff she is kissed - but it's a kiss that she can't forget.
The game than starts as she tries to find the man that swept her of her feet with tha
Amanda Jane
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Danielle
Sep 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I have never read any books by Lucie Hart before, and I was so excited to read one of her books.

And I loved it, i love the front cover, makes you feel very warm, and I love the writing style which is also warm and funny, I loved the chrachters and settings.

This book is a chick lit, but its a clever one its not the usual where girl meets boy, and at the end kiss and make up......Won't tell you the rest of the story as that would be unfair on people who don't like spoilers.

I will definetl
AliciaWolf2488
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amazingly romantic and not to mention a perfect book full of mystery and funny mischief, not to mention the well use of the French language. The characters are pretty much fitting and even if there were some unexpected events, it brought a bunch of pleasant surprises for me. The romance is a bunch of messed up questions and the mystery has put me at the edge of the seat.

The only complaint I have is the summary. If the summary had not mention any names of the possible bachelors, the mystery could
Aimée
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up for £1 in the supermarket that I work at. Considering how naff the cover looked, I thought to myself; "Why not? It's only a quid."

I wasn't expecting 'A Valentine's Kiss' to be a great read... But I loved it! In my opinion, it wasn't your usual chick-lit where boy-meets-girl, and they all live happily ever after.

It was full of adventure, the characters were great and the use of Français in the book gave it that extra touch. If you're up for a laugh, I highly recommend this b
Amoena
Sep 21, 2011 rated it liked it
I quite enjoyed this book. It was fun to read how Imogen changed through the book and how she eventually solved who the mystery kisser was. I was disappointed thought that it took a long time before the kiss even happened, and then it was pretty obvious (at least for me) who it was! I wished she'd been more doubtful about him. After all, he did sound like a stalker... a crazy talker. Apart from that I enjoyed this book. I liked the characters, especially the heroine, and the plot too.
Kathy
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved the setting of this book - it made France so romantic. It was a wonderful twist on romance - romance mixed with a who-dunnit but not about murder - the heroine has to work out who gave her the kiss that changed her life. A great read.
Nahla
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
nice smooth girly novel
Kerri
Jun 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Pleasant read, think the ending could have been a bit longer but a good read on a summers day
Janet
Mar 23, 2011 rated it liked it
this is the book I won from Goodreads....

The main character is a born romantic!!
If you love chuck lit ,you'll love the book
Sallie
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
really did enjoy this book...but...did find it very slow in places and kept thinking a bit more oomf please!
Maria Alford
Really enjoyed this read, thank you so much for the book :)
Anne Jaggs
Really enjoyed this book -
Samantha Price
Jan 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
A great story - Ideal Holiday /Beach reading.

I really enjoyed this and would recommend it.

Aileen
Feb 10, 2011 rated it liked it
I loved this book, from start to finish, would recomend.
Thanusya shanmuganathan
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
was a fun novel to read. loved the way the author portrayed the characters.
Rebecca Tailor
  • Confessions of an Air Hostess
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • RSVP
  • The Ballroom Class
  • The Importance of Being Emma (Darcy & Friends #1)
  • The Sunshine Cruise Company

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
“Believe me, I know. The moment you open yourself to somebody else emotionally, it's just one big mess. Much better to be a great big horny slut and keep it all simple and clean.” 6 likes