Start by marking “Start Your Own Blogging Business: Generate Income from Advertisers, Subscribers, Merchandising and More” as Want to Read:

Start Your Own Blogging Business: Generate Income from Advertisers, Subscribers, Merchandising and More (Startup Series)

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  85 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Millions of people have blogs, and thousands more blogs are started each day. This text includes interviews with professional bloggers from some of the most popular blogs on the Internet.
Published December 19th 2006 by Entrepreneur Press

To ask other readers questions about Start Your Own Blogging Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Your Own Blogging Business

Chad Warner
Extremely basic. Not worth reading if you're more experienced than absolute beginner. I skimmed it, finding only a few things worth noting.

I read this hoping to find insights to improve my own blogging, and to improve how my website maintenance company, OptimWise, uses our blog for content marketing. Because of the way we use our blog, I skimmed the parts about earning directly from blogging.

Notes
Answer questions related to topic you're covering (who, what, where, when, why, how).

Use images to r
Kit Pang
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short guide gives an thorough overview of blogging from 'What is a Blog to How to Generate Income from a Blog'. Perfect for the absolute beginner and someone who has a slight knowledge of the subject.

The interviews with different successful bloggers near the end were quite useful!
Natosha
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book, Start Your Own Blogging Business by Entrepreneur Press and Jason R. Rich is very well written, organized and super helpful! The job of a blogger is a bunch of so many of things, relating to personal interests and a bunch of other things. So it really comes down to what the creator of the blog wants to make it to be. However, it can be a bit tricky with so many options.
Well this book is a great way to help on deciding what to do with your blog and how to get it to grow. Also, you will e
Rabbit
Dec 17, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
This is a good overview of all aspects of blogging, from picking software to writing entries to monetizing it. It's light on details though, so it's better borrowed from the library than bought.
Lonnie Johnson
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Start Your Own Blogging Business Generate Income from Advertisers, Subscribers, Merchandising and More by Jason R. Rich

Start your own blogging business is filled with helpful information. For entrepreneurs looking to profit from a blog or those looking to find a more engaging way to reach an audience and or customers this book will guide you step by step. You will learn the key ways in which to draw an audience to your blog and generate engagement. In the book are interviews with successful blog owners and tips on how they did it.

Strategies to be successful include:
1. What to put in your business blogging plan
Erendira Lara
Mar 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
99% of the information in this book can be found on blogs online for free. There was only one section that I found particularly useful and that was when he suggested some websites/platforms to try out. Other than that, I didn't take much away from this book as I found the exact same information on the Internet.
Kristi Bernard
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: how-to
If you’ve come to the conclusion that you want to start a blog, congratulations! But, if you aren’t sure of the ins and outs to get it going, author Jason R. Rich has all the information you will ever need in his “Start Your Own Blogging Business” guide. This fast read doesn’t leave you feeling overwhelmed with technical jargon but will leave you feeling as though you can really achieve your goal of starting your own blog.

If you want to become savvy and feel like a blogging expert, this guide wi
Alexandria
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a simple, well-laid out book! The author written instructions and tips on making a blogging business easy to follow. It's quite an inspiring book overall. I recommend it to anybody who wants to start a little something with the blog of their choice. Plus, it's not a terribly long read. It took me a day and a half to finish. I enjoyed it!
Brisbride13
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Im looking into starting my own blog and wanted to get an overview of what that might entail; this book fit that need perfectly. Each chapter covers everything you need to know and in a way that if you just wanted to skim through, you could, which is what I did for the most part. And if you want a little more indepth information, it covers that too.
Bob
Nov 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
In that mind set of "Learning Something New Everyday" this was very interesting. Of the books I looked at on this subject this one had the detail I was interested in, but got to the point in a succinct, organized fashion.
Sanuk
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting. Give good advice on how to start a profitable blog.
Patricia
Mar 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Read this to see just what this blogging business was all about. It's actually a lot of work to turn a blog into cash!
James
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing
Informative

This book was short, to the point and informative. I found the writing style made it easy to comprehend and helped inspire me to think a little bigger.
Kristina Wilson
Good tips, but poorly written. It's usually a bad sign when I have to fight the overwhelming urge to grab a red pen while reading a book...
Jessica
3.25. A good overview for new bloggers.
Rachelle
Adam Starks
Sep 01, 2014
Lady Z
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good resource, worth reading, worth keeping on hand as a reference.
Aspen Decker
Dec 13, 2015
Kamran Razvan
Nov 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Startup Series (1 - 10 of 164 books)
  • Start Your Own Import/Export Business: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success
  • Start Your Own Arts and Crafts Business: Retail, Carts and Kiosks, Craft Shows, Street Fairs
  • Start Your Own Arts and Crafts Business (StartUp Series)
  • Start Your Own Coaching Business: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success