Start by marking “For One More Day” as Want to Read:
For One More Day

For One More Day

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  107,263 Ratings  ·  6,700 Reviews
This is the story of Charley, a child of divorce who is always forced to choose between his mother and his father. He grows into a man and starts a family of his own. But one fateful weekend, he leaves his mother to secretly be with his fatherand she dies while he is gone. This haunts him for years. It unravels his own young family. It leads him to depression and drunkenne ...more
Audio CD, 208 pages
Published September 26th 2006 by Hyperion

Estee
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You may believe it or not, but after I read this book, I love both my parent more and more. I try to be a better daughter for them, and I try to understand and appreciate every little thing they've done for me. By reading this book, you will see your parent, especially your mother, as a person who has the purest love ever, and trying to give them back the same...
Heba
Oct 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
What a beautiful book. It shows you how every mother in Earth will do just to make her family happy and safe! I cried while reading it.. It shows you the real love the purest love you will ever know. Love without any limitation!

what an outstanding book.. Worth to read it and read it again and again!

Mitch Albom I wish you don't stop writing.
Ahmad Sharabiani
For One More Day, Mitch Albom
عنوانها: برای یک روز بیشتر، برای یک روز دیگر؛ نویسنده: میچ آلبوم؛ انتشاراتیها: نشر البرز، جیحون؛ پندار تابان؛ کاروان، قطره، حافظ نوین، نشر نی، پاسارگاد؛ تاریخ نخستین خوانش: هفدهم ژانویه سال 2012 میلادی
عنوان: برای یک روز بیشتر؛ نویسنده: میچ آلبوم؛ مترجم: منیژه جلالی؛ تهران، البرز، 1385، در 231 ص؛ شابک: 9644425359؛ چاپ دوم 1388؛ چاپ سوم 1395؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان امریکایی - قرن 21 م
عنوان: برای یک روز بیشتر؛ نویسنده: میچ آلبوم؛ مترجم: مریم یزدانیان؛ تهران، نشر نی،
Rajat Ubhaykar
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Today is a momentous day. It's my mom's birthday! Through an utter coincidence, I happened to take this book up for reading a day before my mother's birthday, temporarily oblivious to the occasion. Oh, how I love such coincidences! They are little life affirming miracles, dismissed by reason as coincidences, for what were the chances of my walking into a friend's room in a different hostel on a hot afternoon on an impulse and ending up finishing this book, unaware of the relevance of the next da ...more
Swetha Amit
Jul 15, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are many in this world who would do anything to get just that one chance to make amends for their past misgivings. Yet very few get this golden opportunity while the majority is saddled with that nostalgic remorse and regret.

Mitch Albom’s new edition titled “For one more day” takes one through a wistful journey which encounters a strange and enigmatic tryst with the ghost of the past. The story unfolds the main character Charley Benetto (Chick) whose life is in ruins. Being unwanted at his
Ghazaleh
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
کتاب های میچ آلبوم همیشه پر از حرف هاییه که تا مدت ها ذهنتو مشغول میکنه، و پر از احساساتی که تا آخرین صفحه تو رو درگیر خودش میکنه.
مطمئنم جاهای زیادی توی زندگی همه ما آدم ها هست که مادرها (و حتی پدرها) از ما حمایت کردن و جاهای خیلی زیادتری که ما از اون ها حمایت نکردیم.
فکر کنم بعد از خوندن این کتاب برای هر کاری مجبور بشم به این قضیه فکر کنم که الان دارم از مادرم حمایت میکنم یا نه!
Wulan
I read this book when I was on a plane from London to Indonesia via Hongkong, and I cried like a baby all the way. I swear, if the people that sat on my left and right hadnt been my friends, I would've been considered a crazy girl weeping for no reason.

Reading this book made me realize how much I've taken my mum for granted. It opened my eyes and showed me how big and everlasting a mother's love can be, despite all the things that's been done to her.

Mummy, I LOVE YOU!!!!
Matt
Mar 14, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For One More Day, like all of Mitch Albom's books, attempts to be an exercise in feel-good warm fuzzies. This overly-verbose mortality tale, however, is not particularly inspiring, uplifting, or even interesting.

When the main character tries to commit suicide, he gets to spend the titular "one more day" with his deceased mother. During the visit, he reminisces about his life growing up in a broken home, the mistakes he made, and how we would do it differently if he could. Interspersed are exampl
Aj the Ravenous Reader
This is a beautiful and touching mother and son story that will make you reconsider how you treat your own mother.:)
Indri Juwono
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Indri by: Qui
Shelves: novel-abroad, drama
#2010-72#

"Baca deh, Squid, bukunya baguss.. bikin nangis.."

Aku nggak pernah baca bukunya Mitch Albom sebelumnya, dan ketika Qui merekomendasikan buku ini ketika jalan-jalan di RB menjelang tahun baru kemarin dengan ekspresi mengharukan.

Akhirnya setelah sekian lama dalam tumpukan to-read aku sambar juga untuk dibaca dalam perjalanan pulang. Benar apa yang dikatakannya, sepanjang perjalanan di KRL rasanya dadaku sesak dan mata berkaca-kaca.
Bagaimana Chick Benetto bertemu lagi dengan ibunya yang m
Dale Harcombe
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes as you read a book it makes you think not only about the characters in the story but about your own life. That was the case with this book by Mitch Albom. Haven’t you ever wished for one more day with someone you love who has died? A day when you could say all the things you wanted to say and could resolves any past hurts and regrets?
Charley Benetto is at rock bottom, having lost all that meant anything in his life. He decides life is not worth living. But then he gets the gift of one
Raha
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mitch-albom
پشت همه ی داستان ها همیشه داستان مادر ها قرار دارد.زیرا از آنجاست که همه ی داستان ها آغاز می شود
قصه ی این کتاب قصه ی فرزند نامهربانی است که مادر خود را خواسته یا ناخواسته می رنجاند و زمانی که مادرش دار فانی را وداع می گوید تازه متوجه می شود که چه گوهر گرانبهایی را از دست داده است
مرگ پدر و مادر موجب می شود احساس کنی در هر جنگی که به آن پا می نهی تنها هستی
مادری که دیگر هرگز نگاه گرمش را نخواهد دید و در آغوشش نخواهد کشید
وقتی به مادرت نگاه می کنی به ناب ترین عشقی می نگری که تا کنون شناخته ای
اما دست
Charlotte May
It seems that for me Mitch Albom can do no wrong!
This is my fourth novel by him and I thought it was wonderful! Albom seems to have an incredible ability to take ordinary situations and the inevitable pain of life and make them magical.
For One More Day focuses on Charles (Chick) Bennetto, a middle aged man with a failing marriage, obscene amounts of debt and an inner grief he's never gotten over. He hits rock bottom when he is left uninvited to his only daughters wedding.
We watch as Chick tri
Ammara Abid
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before saying anything else let me say, this book is for everyone. For every age group. No matter how old you are, must read & recall your incidents, because we all have done such things with our mothers & every child can relate with it.
This is a story of every mother & every child.

This book literally gave me goosebumps.
Heart-breaking but beautiful. Truthful yet emotional.
Not any difficult phrase, not any lyrical lines but these simple, honest, amazingly written lines had such a
Ryan Barton
Eh. Not sure what the big deal is with this guy. This book was...OK. I cannot say that I liked it a great deal, nor can I say I detested it. The author is a good storyteller, has a good command of structure and the craft of writing, and does not strike me as being anything less than the consummate professional. Picasso was rumoured to have the ability to draw a "perfect circle" freehand; the resulting line is not necessarily a great work of art.

I suppose the nature of the material just was not s
Abduraafi Andrian
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: terjemahan, 2016
PERHATIAN! Bagi yang belum membaca buku ini, segeralah membacanya. Aku tidak akan menjelaskan kenapa, kau harus mencari tahunya sendiri.

Buku ini tentang seorang anak laki-laki. Tentang seorang ibu. Tentang hubungan seorang anak laki-laki dan ibunya. Tentang Saat-Saat-Ketika-Ibu-Membela-Anaknya. Tentang Saat-Saat-Ketika-Anak-Tidak-Membela-Ibunya.

Juga, tentang seorang ayah. Tentang hubungan seorang ayah dengan anak laki-lakinya. Tentang pilihan. Tentang seorang ayah yang meninggalkan keluarganya.
J
Jun 17, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sentimentalists
Reading the back cover and realizing the backdrop is suicide, I was sorely disappointed by the lack of self-face stabbings.

Again, picking up this book, I thought to myself, suicide and Mitch Albom... how could I go wrong? But I was wrong (snicker) dead wrong.

From the beginning, Albom signifies his attachment to this book. He is telling this story from notes and interviews he may have had with the main character. Why is this important? Could the book have been equally effective without him putti
Kay
Very touching book. Much of what the protagonist goes through is very close to my heart, and reading the last chapter made me teary. I'm not a parent, but I am a daughter, and reading this book has reminded me in a gentle and soothing way the sacrifices parents and caregivers make for their children.

Told in flashbacks and the chapters often around two to three pages long, the book was a quick read. Despite the content material, I didn't feel emotionally burdened by the end but instead a little
Suraya (thesuraya)
"I also believed that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters, and sometimes that means youll never know what they endured, and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldnt"

This book discuss the topic on parents and children and family and it is as heartbreaking as it gets. I miss my parents :(((

/brb calling home/
Jimmy Navy
Pernahkah Anda merasa sangat merindukan dan membutuhkan seseorang yang sudah pergi dari kehidupan Anda? Lalu, Anda merasa marah pada diri sendiri karena tidak sempat mengatakan hal-hal yang seharusnya Anda katakan padanya. Anda semakin marah karena telah menyia-nyiakan begitu saja hari-hari yang pernah Anda lalui bersamanya. Apalagi Anda sadar bahwa suatu saat setiap orang akan menghadap Sang Pencipta – bisa terjadi kapan saja – tapi Anda selama ini selalu menunda mengatakan atau berbuat sesuatu ...more
سیده زهرا
داستان مردی که به نوعی فرصت یک روز بودن با مادر مرده اش را پیدا میکند.
از اون کتابایی که گاه گاه کسل کننده میشه ولی دوست داری تمومش کنی و هی بیشتر و بیشتر از رفتارت با والدینت شرمنده بشی. چیک بنتو و رفتارهایش خود ماست. همه ی خودسری ها و لجبازی ها در رفتار با والدین.
در کل کتاب متوسطی بود.

Roos
Feb 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Syl
Shelves: novelia
Gak sengaja baca buku ini saat Eyang Kakung meninggal, sedih sih tapi lega.

Mitch Albom selalu pintar dalam membuat satu kisah hidup seseorang menjadi satu buku yang syarat pelajaran hidup. Buku ini bukan cerita hantu yang menyeramkan tetapi hantu Seorang Ibu yang sangat mencintai anaknya, saking cintanya dia menemui anaknya sekali lagi untuk menyelamatkan hidup anaknya...huhuhuhu...mengharukan.

Bercerita mengenai Charley 'Chick' Benetto dan Ibunya Pauline 'Posey' Benetto. Ayahnya yang tidak berta
Rose
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful story.

"But she wasn't around, and that's the thing when your parents die, you feel like instead of going into every fight with backup, you are going into every fight alone."

If this book doesn't make you want to hug your mom, then I honestly don't know what will.

Chick's story is so powerful because of how honestly it portrays a mother-child relationship. Most of us have felt anger, embarrassment, and disappointment because of our mothers, and while that's normal, we sometimes fo
Mery
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: punya
"Menyia-nyiakan waktu itu sungguh memalukan. Kita selalu berpikir kita punya terlalu banyak waktu."

Hidup begitu berharga. Aku tak memiliki seorang pun yang bisa membujukku keluar dari keputusasaan, dan itu sebuah kesalahan. Kau perlu memiliki orang di dekatmu. Kau perlu memberi mereka jalan masuk ke hatimu.

Tapi selalu ada cerita di balik semuanya. Bagaimana sebuah lukisan bisa tergantung di dinding. Bagaimana sebuah luka membekas di wajahmu. Kadang ceritanya sederhana, dan kadang keras dan mengh
Jenny
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
“She put one hand on mine. “When someone is in your heart, they’re never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times.”

I loved this book!
Liyana
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chances are rare.
Regrets are awful.
Salymar
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A child can never choose between his/her mom and dad. In fact, a child can have both.
A child can never be complete without the love and care of his/her mother and the guidance of his/her father.

This is a one-of-a-kind novel that reminds us how precious the little time we all have and how more valuable time with our family is much more important. Cherish the moments before they're gone.

The story started with Chick Benetto's struggles with his wife and daughter about 8 years after his mother, Paul
Miss Ravi
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
دو بار این کتاب رو خوندم و هر دو بار اونقدری گریه کردم که نتونستم ادامه بدم. گاهی فکر میکنیم تنها کتابهایی احساسات ما رو برانگیخته میکنند که قسمتی از تجربههای زیستهی ما رو دوباره برامون زنده کنند، در حالی که اغلب اوقات کتابهایی احساسات ما رو تحریک میکنند که بخشی از وجودمون که تمایل به تجربهای مثل تجربههای شخصیت کتاب داره، به قلیان میافته. قسمتی از وجودمون که میخواد مثل راوی کتاب باشه اما نشده و نتونسته که بشه. نتونسته توی اون موقعیت قرار بگیره.

عشق مادرانه شاید یه موضوع کلیشهای باشه اما تصویر کر
Mujda
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
If this book doesn't make you want to hug your mother and never let go, then I don't know what will.

A story about family, about mothers, about being ungrateful, losing out on opportunities, feeling the deepest of regrets and reconciliation. The story itself is quite ordinary but for me that is what made it such a resonating read. Albom's writing is simple and sweet, and several times I put the book down for a moment to reflect. What really got me choking was the father saying "You can be a mama
  • The Christmas List
  • Kapitan Sino
  • Saga no Gabai Bachan (Nenek Hebat dari Saga)
  • Para Kay B (o kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig ang 4 out of 5 sa atin)
  • Dekada '70 (Ang Orihinal at Kumpletong Edisyon)
  • O Kaligayahang Walang Hanggan Yeh! (Kikomachine Komix, #4)
  • Like the Flowing River
  • A Day with a Perfect Stranger
  • The Twelfth Angel
  • The Best of This Is A Crazy Planets
  • CERPEN
  • The Cross Gardener
  • Sebongkah Batu Di Kuala Berang
  • Before Ever After
Mitchell David Albom is an author, journalist, screenwriter, playwright, radio and television broadcaster and musician. His books have collectively sold over 35 million copies worldwide; have been published in forty-one territories and in forty-two languages around the world; and have been made into Emmy Award-winning and critically-acclaimed television movies.
More about Mitch Albom...

“When someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times.” 2564 likes
“Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back.” 2497 likes