Start by marking “Itsy-Bitsy Babies” as Want to Read:
Itsy-Bitsy Babies

Itsy-Bitsy Babies

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
A highly acclaimed writer and illustrator team up to create the ideal adorable book for babies and toddlers

All the itsy bitsy babies are warm and snug.
All the itsy bitsy babies want to hug, hug, hug!
All the itsy bitsy babies are full of bliss.
All the itsy bitsy babies want to kiss, kiss, kiss!

With charming illustrations and rhythmic text that is perfect for reading aloud
Published July 9th 2010 by Little Hare Books

To ask other readers questions about Itsy-Bitsy Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Itsy-Bitsy Babies

Elizabeth
The book is cute, but I wish the illustrations were brighter and bolder, and the unprofessional, reality-tv-watching side of me questioned the three-way kiss at the end. ("Blow a kiss" might have been a possible alternative, whether in the text or the illustration.)
Mely
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
cute book. fun rhyming text with a good rhythm.
Jen
Text/rhymes: 2 stars - ok
Illustrations: 1 star - did not like
Book as a whole: 1.5 stars - not bad

This story left me feeling "meh!" In other words, I was left flat. The rhymes weren't bad, but I found them repetitive: every single one began with This/That/Those/These itsy-bitty babies. I understand that repetition is good for children that are learning to read and comprehend the world around them, but the rhymes were very short, so this meant there was a lot of repetition in very close quarters.
Shanshad Whelan
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
This team effort of two women famous in the picture book industry . . . has all the personality of pink flavored jelly beans. It's full of soft pastel patterned images with cute babies. It's full of painfully cute rhymed text. It's sweet and adorable and bland and inoffensive and . . . boring. I'm sorry. I like much of Ormerod's work in illustration, but this one doesn't do it for me. The babies don't have enough personality and the backgrounds nothing but patterns of stripes or dots, or simple ...more
The Library Lady
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Like both of these authors, especially Jan Ormerod, but these "itsy-bitsy" babies got a bit too cutesy-wutesy for me. Is this really intended for kids or is it something you'd give as a shower gift? The kid appeal factor here is amazingly low. I'd go instead for Mem Fox and Helen Oxenbury's Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
Tricia
Feb 26, 2011 rated it liked it
With sing-song rhyming text and adorable baby illustrations created by Jan Ormerod, this title is a nice option for baby/toddler time. Actions in the book such as clapping, cuddling, kissing could be incorporated by moms in a lapsit environment. And for toddlers running wild, the gentle fun rhymes will not be totally lost! A fresh option for a fun age with which we share the beginning steps of literacy.
Carla
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Itsy-Bitsy Babies is a poetry book for very young children. On each page is a different rhyme about babies with phrases words like, the babies play peekaboo and then like to shampoo. This book is very cute and the words are very rhythmic and pleasant to listen to. I would read this to a classroom to show them how simple poetry can be.
Nari
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love the coloring in the book. The background pages are bright solid colors, depicting little babies doing what they do best, playing, bathing, sleeping and cuddling. It’s a book in rhyme, which always goes over well at my storytimes. Its fun to read, and fun to show off. The babies are multicultural, all around the same age, and all inquisitive.
Fibersian
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A rhyming text with activities that baies do in their lives. Babies go clap, clap, clap. These words can be put to movement so that children put meaning to words through action. Rhyming is the playful engaging language that builds language development.
Katie Fitzgerald
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read at Baby/Toddler Story Time on 11/8/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Baby Lap Time on 8/2/12 and 8/3/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Chrystal
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is Buddy's favorite book. He loves when I act out everything in the book with him!
PWRL
Aug 18, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
O
Emily
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it
If you have a baby who loves looking at other babies and even pores over other pictures of babies, this is the book for her! My own little Miss Q. goes gaga over this book.
Malckey P
Dec 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
This is one of those times where I don't agree with the adult critics who recommended this book really highly. It just didn't hold my interest. No renew for you!
Monica
I liked the rhyming and simple illustrations, but for some reason I felt like they became a little weird at the end.
Karen
Like books like this that invite babies to move along with the babies in the pictures.
Samantha
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really cute baby storytime read! Repetitive, simple actions, vivid illustrations featuring culturally diverse babies. Love it!
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite baby storytime choice, but it worked well enough. Used for baby storytime 7/22/11.
Emma
Very nice pictures, classic Ormerod babies. My two year old was becoming verbal when we read this and really enjoying saying "itsy bitsy". Would be good for babies.
Heather Williams
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was ok

I'm a sentimental person but the excessive kissy wissy was annoying.
Elisabeth
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
wish it were a little shorter and colors a little bigger and bolder. will try in baby storytimes.
Mary Luzader
Mar 01, 2017
Yuna K
Jun 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Margaret Wild has written more than seventy books and has been published around the world. Her numerous awards and distinctions include the Children’s Book Council of Australia Picture Book of the Year Award for Jenny Angel, illustrated by Anne Spudvilas; The Very Best of Friends, illustrated by Julie Vivas; and Fox, illustrated by Ron Brooks. In 2008 she received the Nan Chauncy Award for an outs ...more
More about Margaret Wild...