Start by marking “Mistletoe and the Lost Stiletto” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe and the Lost Stiletto

Mistletoe and the Lost Stiletto

(The Fun Factor #4)

Lucy Bright can't believe it when she's plucked from secretarial obscurity and transformed into the pampered fiancee of a slick retail guru. But then she discovers it was all a publicity stunt Rushing away from the media frenzy, she bumps--literally--into the arms of delicious tycoon Nathaniel Hart....Spooked by their instantaneous chemistry, Lucy flees--but Nathaniel is d ...more
Published November 9th 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe and the Lost Stiletto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe and the Lost Stiletto

Start your review of Mistletoe and the Lost Stiletto
Gail
This is a "romance in a day" book. The heroine discovers her whirlwind, Cinderella romance is a total fraud - literally, and runs from the manipulative now-ex fiance (as of the opening pages of the book) into a large Harrod's-like department store in London in the days before Christmas. Because she has a file proving the ex's misdeeds, he sends his bodyguards after her. The hero is NOT the ex. He's the manager of the store who catches the heroine when she almost falls on the stairs. They have a ...more
Fiona Marsden
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Are you looking for a fun Christmas read with an adorable hero with a tragic past and a Cinderella who discovered the fairy story she thought she was in was the wrong one.

Lucy B was swept off her feet by a Prince only to have the whole thing come crashing down when her fiance is discovered to have feet of very nasty clay.

On the run, in a pair of stiletto's to die for, she finds herself in the Gothic Castle of the H&H London department store. Her first meeting with Nat
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
I dearly loved this book. It was great fun. (It's from Harlequin's "The Fun Factor" line). First 2.5 pages seemed odd, but got hooked by page 4! It combines alot of fairy tales, most obviously Cinderella but it also makes references to the Frog Prince along with Beauty and the Beast.
Megan
It was OK.

This book was going great but then it felt rushed and very well wrapped up in a bow. I didn't expect much but I thought the ending could have been a little better.
Prissy~
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Me gustó y todo el tiempo estuve imaginando en mi cabeza la película palomera que sería, porque siento que esa es como la idea de este tipo de historias. La verdad me dieron risa algunas expresiones como muy cliché o de instalove, pero igual lo disfruté como lectura ligera.
MaggieReadsRom
Nov 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
3,75 stars!!

Memorable Scene:
- Nat and Lucy's very first encounter > wonderfully written as I felt like I was right there with them.

Quickie Review:
Lucy Bright’s whirlwind romance and plans for a fairy tale wedding to her boss Rupert Henshawe come to an sudden end when she finds out she's been used as a publicity stunt and her Prince Charming turns out to be the ugly frog.

The heroine Lucy is a survivor. She’s impulsive, passionate, resilient and bubbly yet with substance. I really liked her as the
Jude
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ms Fielding gives the Cinderella story a fun, modern twist with a social networking heroine.

Lucy Bright has everything. She thinks she's met her Prince Charming and after a whirlwind romance is planning a fairytale wedding. But a chance discovery exposes her Prince for the frog he really is and her new world comes crashing down.

She makes her escape into a large department store but loses one of her Christian Louboutin stilettos along the way and bumps into retail magnate
Teresa
I don't know how Liz Fielding does it. This is a cherish; sweet and tender romance - but the pages sizzle with sensual, sexual tension more so than some of the hotter romances in the M&B genre I've read. Loved it.

This really is a fairy tale story come true. Lovely, light and fun, too. It gave me some laugh out loud moments, and a lump in the throat, with real, believable characters.

I liked the Twitter/Tweeting ideas that ran through it, too

Nell
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another lovely read from Liz Fielding. I would have liked it to be longer with more of the backstory with Lucy's mother and to see her ex get his comeuppance from Lucy herself but thoroughly enjoyable and very romantic.
Kimberly
Great Christmas Romance.
4 stars =]

Check out my review here:

Can't wait to read more by this author I hope she writes more Christmas themed romances. She's got a new fan over here.
Dalia
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Warm & sweet Love at first sight romance. The major part of the book takes place in only one day. But somehow LF makes it plausible. It's Cinderella s fairy tale with a modern twist. Lucy is a breeze of fresh air and Nat is a real gentleman.
Helen Taylor
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Heart warming Christmas read with great characters. One of my favourite things about Liz Fielding's books is that her heroes are men one would love to meet, true fairytale heroes. This is another enjoyable read from her.
Melinda
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
It's been a while since I read anything that wasn't a paranormal romance novel, but this is the first romance that I've read that incorporated twitter into the plot mix. So it was a unique twist on the Cinderella story line. It was a fun, fast reading romance and I do recommend!
Annie
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

Of course it is unrealistic. That's why we read fairy tales. But oh! Just imagine how sweet it would be! Lucy is charming and Nathaniel a real hero I this story. Sweet happy romance.
Michelle
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good quick contemporary romance.Would read again.
Naomi
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
It's just a lukewarm happy end Christmas story. It's ok for a quick read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fun Factor
Zindagee Zindagee
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: noooooooo
Recommended to Zindagee by: from net
Ker
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Lucy de verdad es toda una cenicienta :)
Muy linda la historia... Amor a primera vista...
Ankita Biswas
Khayatun
Jan 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
  • The Watcher in the Shadows (Niebla, #3)
  • The Neverending Story
  • Spellhorn
  • Violin
  • Issie and the Christmas Pony
  • Stuck-Up Suit
  • Las batallas en el desierto
  • The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea
  • Peter Pan
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Sanctum (Asylum, #2)
  • Let's Pretend This Never Happened (Dear Dumb Diary #1)
  • It's Useful to Have a Duck
  • Just Jayne
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Hogwarts Library)
Hi, I'm Liz Fielding, and I'm a best selling contemporary romance author with more than 15 million books in print and Katie Fforde wrote, when honouring me with the Romantic Novelists' Association's Outstanding Achievement Award in 2019 said - "Liz Fielding's books, with their warmth, humour and emotion, have charmed millions of readers. She is a true star of the romantic fiction genre..."

The Fun Factor (10 books)
  • Tipping the Waitress with Diamonds
  • Winning a Groom in 10 Dates
  • Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex!
  • Molly Cooper's Dream Date