Start by marking “Michelle Obama in Her Own Words” as Want to Read:
Michelle Obama in Her Own Words

Michelle Obama in Her Own Words

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
In time for MotherOCOs DayOCothe companion book to the "New York Times" bestseller "Barack Obama in His Own Words"
"
Published May 14th 2014 by PublicAffairs (first published November 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Michelle Obama in Her Own Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Michelle Obama in Her Own Words

Sketchbook
Title: Michelle Obama : In Her Own Wigs
Ok, Michelle, you're bald as a billiard ball, but do you need 4,000 wigs? Won't 2,500 do the trick ? Applaud liberal media for Not Saying Anything. And, I am tired of your one dress "pattern" that shows off your muscular armpits. ~~ Otherwise, as Nancy Mitford would say, you're a perfect darling.
France
I chose to read this book because I’m quite interested in biographies because it reveals the true life-style well-known people live, rather than what reality TV shows show us. Also this book caught my eye because everything that’s written in this book is quoted from Michelle Obama herself.

This book covers the ‘a diary, biography or autobiography’ category on the book blog bingo board. I was really interested in completing this category as I really enjoy reading books about true stories. I starte
Rachael
I knew better then to waste my time on this, but I did read it... and really - there isn't anything productive to say about it. I will file it in the fire starter pile, then I will feel I got a little bit of a return from the book.
Darlene
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very disappointing. This is just a compilation of all her media quotes.
Jacquelyn Smith
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a easy one, Michelle tell you I am first a mother, then a wife and now the roll
as the first lady. If you have children, a husband, and pet then you can understand her words.
But this is the first lady, she also have other duties on top. I enjoyed this I take it out every once in while to read.
Fredrick Danysh
Rogak has put together a collection of Mrs. Obama's statements from various sources. Many of these reflect Obama's belief that her ethnicity is more important that her nationality and that she should be a privileged or special person. None of her statements changed my opinion about the family. but one must understand the people on the other side.
Kathleen Cross
An OK read. It is compiled out of her many interviews she has given up to around 2008. Very high standards and she appears to be a very genuine person. Supports her husband and children as her main focus in life.
Itsjuliaeliza
May 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent book of quotes that gave me an inssight into the extraordinary mind of the First Lady. I enhoyed her sense of humour and her honesty. Definitely recommended for a short, light read
Rohullah
Jul 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, english
It is a great book, miraculously, the writer put to gather some of the Michelle Obama’s best contemplation and idea’s. Michelle Obama is really a special first lady and Obama family is a unique family living in white house.
Traci
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting to see into how Michelle Obama feels about different issues.
Susan
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting....
Michelle
Jan 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: people, non-fiction
How to write a book like this: Google search "Michelle Obama + topic of choice."
The quotes were good, but they hardly constitute a full book.
Kimberly Jingwen
I would read a full biography first. But still a lot of insights on Michelle's perspective on different things.
estar*
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this short collection of Mrs. Obama's words. Smart, funny lady. Also, #relationshipgoals
MJ
Reading this book was such a powerful antidote to the ugliness that is happening in Washington today. Thank you, Michelle!
Enrique
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful!
Taf Teh
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collection of truly inspiring quotes from her speeches or interviews, which summarize (and highlight) her true self and Obama's and their overwhelming philosophies of changhing the world's perception.
Dhir Shah
Feb 15, 2011
Rachel
Jan 20, 2016
Sindhu
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Teaching the Pig to Dance: A Memoir of Growing Up and Second Chances
  • Against All Odds: My Life of Hardship, Fast Breaks, and Second Chances
  • The Battle for Gotham: New York in the Shadow of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs
  • Pinched: How the Great Recession Has Narrowed Our Futures and What We Can Do About It
  • Ulysses S. Grant: The Unlikely Hero
  • High Steel: The Daring Men Who Built the World's Greatest Skyline
  • George, Being George: George Plimpton's Life as Told, Admired, Deplored, and Envied by 200 Friends, Relatives, Lovers, Acquaintances, Rivals--and a Few Unappreciative ...
  • Jefferson's War: America's First War on Terror 1801-1805
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer Summary & Guide
  • American Triumvirate: Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, and the Modern Age of Golf
  • Arrested Development and Philosophy: They′ve Made a Huge Mistake (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
  • Fatal Risk: A Cautionary Tale of AIG's Corporate Suicide
  • Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars from Gutenberg to Gates
  • Churchill's Empire: The World That Made Him and the World He Made
  • Rights Gone Wrong: How Law Corrupts the Struggle for Equality
  • Speaking Truth to Power
  • Obama Zombies: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation
  • Confidence Game: How Hedge Fund Manager Bill Ackman Called Wall Street's Bluff
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama is the wife of the forty-fourth President of the United States, Barack Obama, and is the first African-American First Lady of the United States.

She was born and grew up on the South Side of Chicago and graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School. After completing her formal education, she returned to Chicago and accepted a position with the law firm
More about Michelle Obama...

“Changing the big picture takes time.. and the best things to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives if we're doing all that. That becomes the collage of real change” 8 likes
“At the root of this dilemma is the way we view mental health in this country. Whether an illness affects your heart, your leg or your brain, it’s still an illness, and there should be no distraction.

– Michelle Obama”