Start by marking “Verano en vaqueros” as Want to Read:
Verano en vaqueros

Verano en vaqueros

(Sisterhood #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  581,991 ratings  ·  7,045 reviews
Antes de salir de vacaciones, Carmen, Lena, Bridget y Tibby deciden que van a compartir un pantalón vaquero que les sienta genial a todas, y que se lo irán pasando durante el verano. Carmen se va a casa de su padre. Lena, a casa de sus abuelos en Grecia. Bridget, a un campamento de fútbol, y Tibby va a trabajar en un supermercado. Cada una va a tener mucho que contar al re ...more
Published June 2004 by Ediciones SM (first published September 11th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Verano en vaqueros, please sign up.
Eve The movies were really cute, not quite as good as the book, but still pretty good. I think that the first one is on Netflix, that's where I saw it.
Katie I would also recommend this book for girls aged 13-16, and it is relatively clean, however the one sexual relationship in the book might need some…moreI would also recommend this book for girls aged 13-16, and it is relatively clean, however the one sexual relationship in the book might need some parental guidance. It's worth knowing that the girl almost instantly realizes she wasn't ready, and it might be a good way to help young girls learn from her mistake. However I don't think the author does a good enough job going in to why a girl might or might not make the decision to have sex for the age the book is really written for. Also, this sexual relationship is with a college aged guy, so that's a big time no no, which the book does not make at all clear.(less)

·  581,991 ratings  ·  7,045 reviews

Lola
I am extremely surprised. This book should not have moved me as much as it did. It is true that I adore stories in which friendship plays a humongous part, but I have read hundreds of them in the past.

So what makes The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants so special?

The pants, obviously, have a lot to do with my enjoying the story. They symbolize strength, love and courage.

Lena, Carmen, Bridget and Tibby are four teenagers with distinct personalities, wants and needs. Despite all that sets them apa
Namratha
A sparkling breath of fresh air, this book captures the spirit of friendship in the most charming and sauciest manner possible.

The book is a far cry from the regular breed of YA novels which seem to dwell on the fixed notions that young girls basically fall into two main groups: One, the hatefully pretty, perpetually scheming Prom Queens with their nastier than “week-ol’ milk” cliques! And at the other end of the rainbow, the brave under-dog...not much to look at, the general do-gooder, the f
Briynne
Sep 10, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is beginning to feel a little too familiar, but here's yet another disapointment from my YA Lit class. First, I should state that I have never liked the whole "girl power" thing. I guess I always felt intelligent/empowered enough as a teenager to not have to rely on books like this to show me how fantastic it is to be female. Also, generally speaking, I find large groups of girls terrifying, especially at the high school age. So lots of pre-existing strikes against this book.

As for the sto
Elizabeth
description

This is the quintessential YA summer read. If all female YA characters were written to be like these girls, YA would be a much better genre.

Four best friends will be spending the summer apart for the first time since birth. Carmen is going to visit her dad (and - unbeknownst to her - his new family); Lena (along with her sister Effie) are meeting their grandparents for the first time in Greece; Bridget is flying to Los Angeles for soccer camp (and a lesson in love); and Tibby is staying behind t
Trina (Between Chapters)
I'm glad I finally read this! I'd seen the movie before so this story wasn't new but I still enjoyed it. Brashares did a great job of creating real teenage emotions. The turmoil and depression these girls all went through during this summer jumped of the pages and felt very true to how I remember myself feeling at that time in my life. Each of the girls is so different, but I can see a bit of myself in most of them so there were many different moments in each story line that I related to.

However
Anne
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful portrayal of love and friendship sisterhood.
Seeing this image after reading the book just made me smile so much.

Review to come.
Erin
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer A Thon: Read book that has a road trip or traveling

I was nervous guys. I read this series years ago when I was a teenager and a loved them. I loved both films too. But I was worried that as an adult I wouldn't enjoy it as much. I worried that nearly 20 years later it wouldn't hold up as well.

I'm happy to say that for me it still holds up. As I read this book it didn't feel 18 years old. Maybe my nostalgia blinded me but it felt like a story that could be taking place at any period in ti
Erin
Jul 03, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yafiction
We, the Sisterhood, hereby instate the following rules to govern the use of the Traveling Pants.
1.) You must never wash the Pants.
2.) You must never double-cuff the Pants. It's tacky. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky.
3.) You must never say the word "phat" while wearing the Pants. You must also never think "I am fat" while wearing the Pants...

So begins the first summer apart for four friends: Lena, who is going to visit her grandparents in Greece with her sister; Carmen, hea
Julie
Jan 07, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah G.
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! If you are a teen girl looking for some love stories between friends and their SUPER-HOT boyfriends, well look no further then the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series! This book is about the 4 best friends Bridget, Carmen, Tibby, and Lena when they split up for the summer. With the Pants binding them together wherever they go, their summers are no longer lonely. The Pants witness all break - ups and get togethers and are often shipped with hysterical letters that will make you laugh ou ...more
Fuzaila
This book was supposed to be about friendship and female bonding. It was supposed to be a beautiful summer read that would give me friendship goals. But of course it is not. Of course it is about teenage girls doing teenage stuff. Of course it is about 15-yos swooning over older guys and thinking about sex. Of course it is about girls apparently falling in love with guys they’ve never talked to. Of course it is features 15 yo-s travelling from country to country like that costs nothing. And of c ...more
Kayla Rayne
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man. This book brings me back to the days of high school, summer camp, and having little crushes. Seriously, this embodies adolescence through the eyes of four teenage girls that are best friends. I found that this book still stands up to everything I love about a book today. Please, if you have not read this book, give it a chance. It is witty, heartbreaking, and insightful.
Charlotte
What an annoying book.
I was going to write snarky, individual letters to each of the characters in succession, but then I realized that it was a pointless endeveaour since all the letters would end up the same, anyway. Why, you ask? Because all the characters are the same.
Would you like to know some personality traits? It's like the author picked one or two for each of the characters and then relied on either one or the other to simply parasail each of the girls through the book.

There was Lena
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Third Read: August 2016
Second Read: 2009
Original Read: 2002

3.5 STARS

I *still* have not read Sisterhood Everlasting so I'm going to reread the first four books (yet again) so I can finally finish off this series. I'm going the audio route this time around and the thing that I keep noticing is how different the movie was from the book. It's been so long since I read the books that I forgot how much they condensed into the first movie and how many changes they made.

This is still an enjoyable read
K.
3.5 stars.

I went into this expecting it to be a super fluffy teen-girl-friendship-group story, kind of like the movie Now and Then?? And it totally seemed like that's what it was going to be at the beginning of the book. And yet somewhere along the way, it took a turn and detoured down STAB YOU IN THE FEELS Lane. Which I was totally not expecting and still don't quite know how to process.

It's a little dated now, and some of the parental actions are a little bit "WTF WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" as a
Jeff
This book was probably one of the first that got me into the YA genre!!
So, obviously, with my terrible memory, I'd say I probably remember 30% of it.
And that 30% is basically: THIS WAS A REALLY GOOD BOOK. READ IT......NOW. XD

This story is about 4 friends who travel all over the world with this mysterious pair of magical pants. I mean, pants that can make everyone look good?!!
I NEED A PAIR, PRONTO.
So besides everyone trying to squeeze into these pants, these 'sisters' experience so much crazy sh
Syndi
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book long long time ago. But the impression is still fresh in my mind. I adore this girls. they represent everything about becoming a woman in modern era. Even the story is cheesy on the romantic side, but the moral message is there. The author writes it in a way that the wording resonance with teenagers.

every one of us will find some sort of connection with all those girls. Again, this is a beautiful book.
Lisa
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
This book took me completely by surprise. I wasn't planning on reading it but the movie was coming on and I decided I should read the book first before watching the film. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a story with an awful premise that was surprisingly well-executed.

Going into it, I expected some silly, shallow book about four teenage girls falling in love over one summer, but instead this book focused on the exploration of family dysfunction, death, and the bonds of friendship. The
Shannon (leaninglights)
I really love this series. I think these were the first multiple perspective books I ever read and I really adored being back in the world of Lena, Tibby, Bee & Carmen. I feel like everyone can cast themselves as one of the girls, or at least a mixture of them.
This is the story of the first summer the girls spend apart, each going on different adventures and stepping out into the world of grown-ups and real life. The first book takes place over the summer of their 15th (almost 16) year. We
31/5 - Why do they always have to change the book in order for it to become a movie?! Alexis Bledel is nothing like the way I would have imagined Lena (described as having the tanned skin of her Greek ancestry, while Bledel is quite white) if I had read the book first and her character's experience in the movie barely resembles that of her book's counterpart. Lena's relationship with Kostas progresses nothing like the way it is portrayed in the movie (although I have to admit that I found movie ...more
Zezee
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As posted on Zezee with Books.

Why did it take me so long to finally read these books? I’ve been missing out on a fun but touching story about female friendships and family.

Quick summary on both books:

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series is a contemporary young-adult series about the friendship of four teenage girls growing up in Bethesda, MD. All born within weeks of each other, the girls formed the Sisterhood when they discover a magical pair of pants that not only fits them all despite
Briar's Reviews
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a novel I really should have read back in high school!

I found this book surprisingly fulfilling for me being an adult now reading about pre-teens. These stories are sweet and made me want to know more about these characters. I watched the movie years back, but this makes me want to watch it again for all the silly, girly feels (and I miss those ladies who starred in it <3).

The pants being a symbol in this story was a really honest yet fun take on passi
Sierra
Jul 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was almost ashamed to love this book, because I'm REALLY not one for "chick lit"...give me Gothic or intrigue any day! However, I think this series is really exceptional. The experiences cannot be typified -although there is romance, I appreciate how it does not fall into the "crush/agony/happily-ever-after" triptych that is common to most "chick lit" novels.

I think Ann Brashares is remarkably gifted at describing emotions and experiences -she chooses seemingly minor incidents and trains her
Robin
Jan 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it was okay. Let me just say that if I ever find a pair of magic jeans that make me look fabulous I'M NOT SHARING!
Iryna *Book and Sword*
4/5 stars
More reviews on my website
“Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.”

I went back and forth on how to rate this book. While I was reading it - it felt like a solid 4 star read. After I finished it - I was ready to give it 5 stars. But as the hours passed by I decided to drop it down to 3.5 because I didn't like how some of the things were handled. But in the end I did settled down on 4 stars.

Although if I am being completely honest with myself I think if I haven't watched the mov
Antof9
Must quote from the back of the book, as I love it :)

We, the Sisterhood, hereby instate the following rules to govern the use of the Traveling Pants:
2. You must never double-cuff the Pants. It's tacky. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky.
4. You must never let a boy take off the Pants (although you may take them off yourself in his presence).
5. You must not pick your nose while wearing the Pants. You may, however, scratch casually at your nostril while really kind of picking.

I
Kristen (kaymaldo)
I was stuck in a mini book slump so I decided to throw it back to a summer classic with The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I remembered a good amount of what happened from when I read the book and watched the movie when I was younger, but after reading it now, it really made me want to go back and finish the series.

Even though this book is about a magical pair of jeans shared among friends, I really enjoyed how realistic it was. Carmen, Lena, and Tibby have my favorite story lines. Carmen'
Teresa in ohio
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
Keep in mind this book was published in 2001, so some things seem outdated and odd having a friendship of girls without them attached to a cell phone.

These four girls were thrown together because their moms were in an exercise group together and born within weeks of each other. They attend different school so summer is their bonding and catching up time only this time three will leave home.

Tibby is called the rebel but will remain home this summer working as a clerk in a retail store and then
Paulette
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really enjoyed this book. I listened to it on audio, in one sitting. Just brilliant. I loved the movie too, the book is a bit different to the movie and some of the order of event - thoroughly enjoyed it.
Will be reading the second one for sure
Karen ⊰✿
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uno_2019
Such a lovely story about four 15 year old girls who have been friends since they were babies and their mums met at a 'mums and bubs' yoga class. They have spent every summer together... until now.
As a way to try and remain connected, they decide that they will send each other a pair of jeans (magical as they fit all of them perfectly) in rotation through the summer along with a letter recounting what adventures they have had with the pants.
It sounds a bit twee, but it is actually quite a fun ea
How For Your Finest Hotel Inside The Best Cost 1 2 Jul 09, 2019 05:35AM
Flight Coupon Travel Codes 1 2 Mar 19, 2019 10:56PM
Travel Or Flight Coupon Codes 1 2 Mar 18, 2019 10:52PM
Buy High Quality Real/Fake Passports 1 1 Mar 17, 2019 02:03AM
Time Out Book Club: February Food Theme 8 4 Feb 14, 2019 07:01AM
Around the Year i...: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, by Ann Brashares 2 35 Nov 25, 2018 07:54AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Speak
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • Lord of the Flies
  • The Secrets of Peaches (Peaches, #2)
  • Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)
  • Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling, #3)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • The Year of Secret Assignments (Ashbury/Brookfield, #2)
  • Next Summer (Summer Boys, #2)
  • The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1)
  • Say Goodnight, Gracie
Ann Brashares grew up in Chevy Chase, Maryland, with three brothers and attended a Quaker school in the D.C. area called Sidwell Friends. She studied Philosophy at Barnard College, part of Columbia University in New York City. Expecting to continue studying philosophy in graduate school, Ann took a year off after college to work as an editor, hoping to save money for school. Loving her job, she ne ...more

Sisterhood (5 books)
  • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3)
  • Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood, #5)
“Maybe the truth is, there's a little bit of loser in all of us. Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things.” 1527 likes
“Maybe, sometimes, it's easier to be mad at the people you trust because you know they'll always love you, no matter what.” 800 likes