Start by marking “My One and Only” as Want to Read:
My One and Only

My One and Only

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  13,210 ratings  ·  1,104 reviews
Just when she thought she had life and love all figured out...

Divorce attorney Harper James can't catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister's destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she's being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her almost-fiancé back at home is not likely to be sympathetic.

Harper can
Published March 29th 2011 by HQN Books (first published 2011)

·  13,210 ratings  ·  1,104 reviews

Melissa
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

If you’re in the mood for a great laugh, My One and Only won't have to work very hard to drag it out of you. This addictive, snarky and all-around hilarious story played out like a rom-com in my mind, scene by glorious scene. A second chance romance I gobbled up like yummy buttery popcorn.

I’ll admit, the beginning of the story was a tad cheesy for my taste buds, but considering my love for If You Only Knew, I decided to stick it out and it more than paid off. Turns out, the level of
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
4 1/2 I-freakin-love-these-two-stars !!! :) .

ME: I KNOW !!!!
Seriously..With such a solid plot and lovable main characters..I found it very hard To find faults with 'MY ONE & ONLY'

"COME ON FLOREANCE !"I yelled out of the window."CAN YOU MOVE IT ?"
The driver of the car extended and arm....and a finger.
It was a male arm and a finger.

And then the car door opened,with my ex husband stepping out.

ME: Lmao.....Seriously these Two

LOL these guys are hilarious,and if not that...just plain beautiful
Pepa
Reseña completa: https://masromance.blogspot.com/2019/...
Aquí pesan gustos personales. No me van este tipo de historias,.
Al fin y al cabo luego resulta que los dos han estado enamorados y separados 12 años (me parecen demasiados). Pero ni he leído cómo se enamoraron de jóvenes ni como se han reenamorado ahora.
Es una novela muy correcta, bien escrita, pero en la que prácticamente no pasa nada. Vueltas a lo mismo una y otra vez.
Y dos personas con diferentes puntos de vista sobre el matrimonio
Él es
Didi
4.5 STARS

This is going into the 'faves by Kristan Higgins' pile. It was angsty, emotional and beautifully written. Nick Lowery,( all I think is Bad Boys with Will Smith!), is probably one of the most endearing and compelling male Hero's by this author. He's right up there with Lucas from Waiting On You, with the same dark, gypsy eyes that never fail to tell a story, and the same intense temperament that manages to lure you in and trap you.
His dedication on initially wooing Harper when they were
KarenH
First of all, if you are on the fence about whether or not to read this book because it is giving you that "chick-lit" vibe, you can climb down now sista and start reading ...this one is all about the romance.

My One and Only is Harper Evan's story, a 33-year-old divorce (and divorced) lawyer living year-round on Martha's Vineyard with her Toto-lookalike dog. She is attractive, successful...but OMG what a force to be reckoned with!. She is cynical, she is sarcastic and she has extreme OCD issues.
BookLover
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Divorce Attorney Risks Hell and High Water to Win Her Man”

One of the better second chance romances I have read and I LOVE a good second chance romance.

Harper, a successfully and often UN-impartial divorce attorney, had her world turned upside down when she was forced to face her painful past in the form of ex-husband Nick. Her sister was marrying Nick’s brother, Christopher, and Harper hadn’t seen Nick in thirteen years.

On the outside, Harper had been ticking off all the boxes that would give
Floripiquita
Agridulce historia sobre segundas oportunidades (¡¡12 años después!!), con el que me he reído mucho menos de lo esperado conociendo a la autora y con cuya pareja protagonista me ha costado mucho simpatizar. A pesar de sus ojos de gitano, Nick a veces es muy machista y qué decir de Harper, aunque llegas a entenderla, me ha caído mal la mitad del libro. El final me ha parecido precipitado y muy peliculero, pero tengo que reconocer que me he emocionado en algunos pasajes, como en la charla con Beve ...more
A fun but also sad story about divorce and the complications of everything left unsaid.

My favorite quote:
“If only…the saddest words in the English language.”
♥Sharon♥
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

What a wonderful story!!

I just love Kristan Higgins writing. Her books always leave me with that warm fuzzy feeling. She has a knack for taking you on a bit of a roller coaster ride with her characters that will have your heart doing funny things and put a silly grin on your face.

I adored Harper and Nick's story. ❤

(This has nothing to do with the book rather it is an image result for 'warm fuzzy feeling') :)
Viri
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡YA ESTÁ LA REVIEW COMPLETA EN EL BLOG! Les dejo el link abajo :)

A ver... Había pensado en ponerle cinco estrellas pero creo que mejor me las voy a reservar, así que lo dejó en cuatro estrellas porque de verdad me gustó mucho.

Una vez aclarado esto voy a comenzar con la reseña diciendo que...
Definitivamente quiero un Nick ❤❤❤ en mi vida y es que fue encantador desde el principio, supo conquistarme lentamente justo como lo hizo con Harper. *suspiro*

La histo
Dija
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of contemporary romance.
Recommended to Dija by: GoodReads, based on my 2011 shelf.
My list of authors to stalk follow keeps growing every time I read a new contemporary novel, it seems. My One and Only is the first book of Kristan Higgin's I've read, and I can't wait to read the rest of them.

My One and Only begins with divorce attorney, Harper, trying and failing to convince her boyfriend of more than 2 years to finally marry her, as she'll be turning 34 soon and wants a stable family life. While she's popping the question, her sister calls to tell her that she's getting marri
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook, romance
This was a painfully . . . painful read. I came close to stopping twice and while I don't quite regret continuing on, I'm not terribly pleased, either.

Higgins wastes the first quarter of the book or so meandering around the central relationship. Harper has a boyfriend she has proposed to and his entire function as a character is to serve as a barometer for exactly how emotionally immature Harper is. Hint: really, very, incredibly, even shockingly immature. Worse than the boyfriend are the coy hi
willaful
There’s a scene in this book in which Harper and Nick, reuinted exes, watch a movie in a theater while loudly snarking and annoying everyone near them, just like old times. If you get the sense from that that both of these people are kind of self-absorbed assholes, well, I think you’d be right.

I’m so ambivalent about this book. It was well-written and powerful, and I couldn’t put it down, so it doesn’t seem appropriate to give it a low rating. Yet I can’t exactly say I “liked” it. Parts of it we
Myrna
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found myself....
F972_B73_C-0_A55-4_DA1-87_F2-05_AB7263473_D
E110415_A-018_B-4_B4_B-9_EFC-2321_AE1488_F0
CE4_B1338-_BDEB-4_BD4-_A846-1_AED7_E037_E53
The characters infuriated me at times but one of the best second chance romances I’ve ever read.
Juan Vorágine
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-8-agosto
Kristan Higgins ha vuelto a conquistarme con una de sus novelas autoconclusivas. Aunque no me ha enganchado y encantado tanto como los dos primeros de "Blue Heron", he disfrutado mucho de su lectora y de la bonita prosa de la autora. Además, su sello de identidad está claro: el amor por los animales y la ambientación hogareña.
Si no habéis leído nada de la autora, recomiendo que lo hagáis.

Reseña completa: http://voragineinterna.blogspot.com.e...
Nina
I guess this makes it official: I'm back into het romance.

This was just perfect. Period.
It has the most amazing cast - from the extremely likeable and relatable MC, Harper, whom I couldn't help but see as Donna Paulsen/Sarah Rafferty, to dreamy Nick (oh, Nick), from that sweet lug Dennis to exasperatingly sweet BeverLee - and a plot that's pretty linear up to a certain point, and then starts twisting and turning around like one of those crazily powerful hoses you see in comedies.
It has elements
Tammy
Wow. I guess I'm the odd girl out. This one has five star reviews. Many four stars. And then there's my lonely little one star.

Like others, I hoped to warm up to Harper. But she was full of selfish ambition. Very self-centered. A horrible attorney - too emotional and hostile to be productive in a law office - or to be an effective advocate in the courtroom. She made bad decisions. Definitely pushed my legal geek button.

It was fairly obvious that Kristin Higgans tried to give Harper's character
A_Ryan
5 "Holy Testicle Tuesday" Stars!!!!

"It never even occurred to me that we wouldn’t make it . And it never occurred to you that we would.

What's it about: About a cynical romantic who divorces the one and twelve years later finds that their paths cross again.

The best bits: It is hilarious!!!

I absolutely love Higgins' writing. She has fast become one of my go-to authors. As always, she captures the chemistry between two main characters beautifully, and here she creates two souls who wer
Vinaya
I ♥ Kristan Higgins. Along with Jennifer Crusie, she is one of the Queens of Contemporary Romance. I've read every book she's written, and they're always consistently warm, funny, moving and, most of all, romantic. At a time when way too many romance novels rely on the 'Me Tarzan, You Jane' formula, Higgins forms a bright spot in the firmament, with stories that are real, characters that are flawed, and relationships that are warm and funny.

My One and Only, like most of Kristan's books, has a s
Nomes
Apr 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Reading this book was exactly like watching a romantic comedy.

I like reading books like this for indulgent relaxation. For some swoony/fun times. For the romantic in me (I guess, haha).

I don't expect depth. It's the kind of book that is predictable just after reading the back blurb. A guilty pleasure indulgent read.

The thing is, I am not the hugest fan of romantic comedies. As much as I want to love them, they more often than not frustrate me. Still, I continually go back searching for more (w
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

Have you ever had that one person that from the moment you met them they took your breath away and immediately you knew you would never be the same again?

Harper and Nick were madly in love- at age 21 and after two years or dating she knows she wants to be with him, that he is THE ONE

Nick...

Harper...

She just doesn't want to get married just yet..
But she does, because he asks and because love can withstand it all, right?

That's what Harper thought, until Nicks aspirations and dreams came first an
Karla
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, funny
Wonderful! Just a sweet story about getting it right the second time around. Lot's of great characters, especially Harper and Nick. He's so laid back and willing to let life play itself out, and she over-thinks things, and acts on a whim. Yet they are perfect for each other. Her feelings were so well written, that even though Harper's personality was annoying, my heart just broke for her. Nick's declaration of love just warmed me through and through. Loved it!
Bj
4.5 "Jaded Divorce Attorney 2nd Chance at a HEA" Stars!

This is my second Kristan Higgins' book, and I can honestly say I get why she has such a loyal following. There is just a certain transcendental quality to her characters that grab you and draw you in. Moreover, her romances demonstrate great depth from the intensity of the characters unique quirks to an underlying comical nature that will have you secretly smiling, to the endearing romance that will have your heart warming, Ms. Higgins know
Miss Kim
Apr 13, 2011 rated it liked it
This gets a 3/5 for me. I turn to Kristin Higgins recently when I want a funny, feel good read, but this really didn’t do it for me. The heroine, Harper, was grating, and she never really grew on me. Yeah, yeah, stilted emotionally by a run-away mother, heard that one…but… meh. She had the chance at the perfect guy twice and blows it the first time, and by some luck ends up keeping him in the end. Part of my dislike with her was that she constantly thought or said “crotch!” or “holy testicle Tue ...more
MBR
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance and second chances!
Recommended to MBR by: Found on netgalley
5+ Stars Emotional Wrenching Goodness!!

I have always heard very good things about Kristan Higgins. Though I have a couple of her books in my to-be-read pile which I have yet to make a dent in, which just keeps growing in monstrous proportions on me, I decided to take the plunge into her stories with this read that was up for grabs on Net Galley. I was surprised and a little bit thrilled when my request to read this which is to be released on the 29th of this month got approved. So here I go, r
Mo
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars ...

Aw, this was lovely. Even with all the ups and downs to get to the HEA, it was worth it. Now, you know me, I love an alpha asshole male but Nick Lowery (who is not one) really stole my heart. He was adorable. Although how he put with with some of Harper's antics were beyond me. But I do get her reasons for bailing out the first time around.

Thrown together on a road trip from Montana to New York, the have to communicate and find if there is still some spark there.

Great cast of side c
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

This is my favorite Kristan Higgins read. Harper annoyed me, but her innate fear of abandonment and commitment were palpable and heartbreaking. I wanted so much for her and Nick to work out their issues and finally get their much deserved HEA. I got choked up several times and shed quite a few tears, but KH perfectly balances the emotional angst with her signature style of quirky humor. I loved it! Solid 5 stars!
Grecia Robles
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Libro que vi que no tengo calificado sólo recuerdo que amé a Nick y es de esos hombre que aman con todo su ser, dejan cuando tienen que y sobre todo lucha por recuperar lo que ama es de esos hombres que quisiera en mi vida, en cuanto a ella sólo recuerdo que me cayó súper mal y no merecía el amor de Nick.
Estefanía Álvarez
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tengo, aun-no
5/5 No esperaba para nada este libro ajjaja no es de los que te calan, pero es de esos que sabes que volverás a leer cuando te agobies o tengas parón lector ^^
Splage
What a great read, and I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be this good, easy read... yes, but I loved it. Kristan Higgins is the type of author that I don't always love her stuff, though I usually like it. Mainly because she is very clean in the passion and therefore, she has to write the connections beautifully to get me to buy into it or excited about it. My One and Only was a great one for me. It was very mild in the sex department, but such a engaging story that it still worked. Also, w ...more
Goodreads Feedback: HELP! Accidentally deleted my review! 28 737 May 04, 2018 06:56AM
Fans of Kristan H...: Which Higgins Romance had you BAWLING? 9 71 Sep 24, 2015 10:26AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: My One and Only by Kristan Higgins 1 2 Feb 01, 2014 03:04PM
Something like Kristan Higgins novels? 11 275 Jan 02, 2013 06:16PM
  • Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2)
  • Letters to a Secret Lover
  • Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas, #5)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
  • Yours for the Taking (Domestic Gods, #4)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (Playboys, #4)
  • Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses, #2)
  • Summer of Two Wishes (Cedar Springs #1)
  • Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)
  • Playing Dirty (Sisterhood Diaries, #3)
Kristan Higgins is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of more than a dozen novels. Her books have been honored with dozens of awards and accolades, including starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus, Library Journal, the New York Journal of Books and Romantic Times. She is a two-time winner of the RITA award from Romance Writers of America and a five-time nominee for t ...more
“You asked why I couldn't forgive you," Nick said, very quietly, and I jumped a little. "It was because you were the love of my life, Harper. And you didn't want to be. That's hard to let go.” 556 likes
“I'll tell you something, Harpy," he said, his voice almost a whisper now. "It never even occurred to me that we wouldn't make it. And it never occurred to you that we would. You were just waiting for us to go down in flames. I thought we could get through anything.” 322 likes