Start by marking “Peace Warrior (The Peace Warrior, #1)” as Want to Read:
Peace Warrior (The Peace Warrior, #1)

Peace Warrior (The Peace Warrior #1)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  1,295 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
It's the mid-21st century when Sergeant First Class Grant Justice is killed during an ambush on an enemy tank column. Six hundred years later, his body is retrieved from the frozen, arctic lake where he perished. Re-animated by a team of scientists, Grant awakens to a civilization that has abolished war. A civilization that has outlawed violence and cherishes Peace above a ...more
Published July 26th 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 30th 2010)

Ron
Mar 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Jeff Dawson
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Peace must be earned!

This is one well written riveting, page turning, exciting story. Did I use enough adjectives? It’s been quite some time since a book has really grabbed my attention. This is it.
This is an extremely original work. The main character Grant Justice is a seasoned soldier. He will do whatever it takes to defend his nation, no matter what the time period.
The book opens with him knee deep in a difficult situation. His squad is attempting to slow down the spearhead of the European
Debra Martin
Aug 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the moment I started reading this book, the author reeled me in. You are immediately thrown inside the mind of Sgt. First Class Grant Justice while he is leading his men on a combat operation. Unfortunately Sgt. Justice is savagely killed on the mission and his mangled body ends up in the frigid waters of a lake. This scene sets up the premise for the rest of the story.

Flash forward 600 years and the reader is propelled into a time when all the inhabitants on Earth are peaceful. There are
Dava Stewart
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It occurred to me while reading this book that I just like stories...all kinds of stories. This one is scifi, which is usually pretty interesting to me. The first chapter, or maybe it's a prologue, almost made me put it down, though. It is graphic and unpleasant.

I'm glad I stuck with it because I ended up enjoying it. There is almost an element of time travel, which always intrigues me. Most of it was predictable but it was still a fun read. I'm not sure yet if I'll be purchasing the next book
Larry B Gray
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first word to the last this book was full of action. The story line was well written and the charactors were well developed and believable. This is a very good book and I recommend it to all ages.
Alicia Huxtable
Not sure

This was nearly a DNF book for me. I just couldn't get into it. But I persevered and found parts of it enjoyable.
Anastasia Pergakis
I was hooked into this book from the very beginning. Being a huge fan of military fiction, I was not disappointed by this book. The blurb posted on Amazon drew me into the story and I had to give it a shot. I'm so glad I did.

The story begins with the awful death of SFC Grant Justice. Then it shoots ahead hundreds of years in the future to where Earth has rid itself of war and all violence. Even cursing is seen a major offense that landed one in prison. As I said, that concept pulled me immediat
Claudine
Feb 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I posted this on Amazon as well.

Peace Warrior is a fine first novel from Steven Hawk. There are some rough dialogue spots but I imagine that by the time the sequel is published, those will have diminished.

I enjoyed the story of Sgt First Class Grant Justice. He is a man out of his own time, a soldier revived from a 600 year period frozen on the bottom of a lake with a shattered body and patched up to help defeat the Minith, who have taken over the planet. The Minith are a violent race, killers
Penumbra Publishing
Read a purchased Kindle ebook version.

This was a cross between Sylvester Stallone's movie 'Demolition Man' and L. Ron Hubbard's 'Battlefield Earth.' The aliens lording over Earth seem to closely resemble those in 'Battlefield Earth.' However the author manages to personalize it and make it his own story through his title character, Justice Grant, a soldier from our near future who, in a freak set of circumstances, ends up being revived several hundred years in Earth's future, complete with some
Mike Nemeth
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Steven Hawk starts a little slow. Reminded me a little of reading a Sgt. Fury comic at first. But he doesn't let up. Nor does he go in any direction I thought he would. The pace is amazing. I plowed through this novel in less than a day, mostly reading it on my phone. I just had to know how Grant Justice will teach a society that's given up completely on any sort of violence to reclaim their heritage and kick some alien butt. It's not easy. They entire world of the future appears to have decided ...more
Dan
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
When I started to read this science fiction, I was hesitant at first because I only enjoy the best syfy stories. A good science fiction has to have three things: 1) It has to have an alien race from another world, and this story has the Minith, 2) it has to have fun high tech gadgets, and this story has a few, one is the knowledge mind probe machine in which the user can learn many things instantly such as foreign languages and be fluent in seconds... Pretty neat stuff. And 3) it has to have a h ...more
E.A.
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was just above okay. It held my interest just enough to finish it. I found huge problems with the spacefaring race that was so advanced from us but had zero concept of defense, security, any helpful military gadgets after centuries of war, no airborne assault ships, no eaves dropping equipment, nothing at all like that. Are you kidding? Of course, if they had anything beyond handheld weapons or any sense of military strategy then a few muscular ex-prisoners wouldn't have stood a chance, would ...more
Shadrach777
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great trilogy. The character development was good, the plot line interesting, a little unbelievable but hey, if I wanted believable it would be about a dude getting up and going to work 9 to 5 YUCK. Besides its free right now on Amazon... for free its a steal.

I purchased the other two in the trilogy and they get even better as they go. I would buy anything Mr. Hawk publishes and hope he continues to write and I would especially love continued expansion of this storyline.

There were so
Oneida
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was really amazing. I found it to be a easy read and really enjoyed all the people in the book. I love it and can not wait to read the rest of the series. :)

Six hundred years after his death, SFC Grant Justice is re-animated by a team of scientists. Grant awakens to a civilization that has abolished war. A civilization that has outlawed violence and cherishes Peace above all else. A civilization that has been enslaved by an alien race called the Minith. Grant is humankind s final hope against
Ilona
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
As soon as you start reading this book you are immediately thrown inside the mind of Sgt. First Class Grant Justice after he is savagely killed on a mission and his body ends up in the frigid waters of a lake.

This scene hooked me on the story. As luck would have it, this intense and interesting start was a good indication of what followed, and I can only say that I, for one, am going to buy the follow up book Peace Army as soon as I can afford it :D
Tyson Adams
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stumbled across Steven's book on the Kindle forums and was inspired to read it. The cover interested me, I downloaded the sample and had decided to purchase the entire book within a few pages.

I thought he has done a great job with the book and this is a very entertaining read. I can recommend this book to anyone who enjoys sci-fi or thrillers.
Jan
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook, fiction
I quite enjoyed this classic tale of the not necessarily super soldier facing impossible odds but finding the inner strength to prevail. You can get this from smashwords for free, so you have no excuse for not checking out Steven Hawk's style.
Robert Priest
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes scifi
The story is well written with almost non-stop action which will keep the reader engrossed. I was up later than I should have been finishing this well edited story. I am looking forward to reading the next installment in this well thought out story line.
Long
May 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, kindle
It's OK. The author seems rushed at times to cram in extra details that it sometimes reads like a narration. The premise is great, but there are few points of suspense or anticipation.
SciYourFi Team
Jan 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nikki
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: man-out-of-time
This was awesome. Great read. The dialogue was completely believable. That is very important to me in a book. It really helps with immersion. I can't wait to start the next one.
John Hoddy
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kind of like a cross between the Eloi/Morlock part of HG Welles The Time Machine and Demolition Man if it had starred Stone Cold Steve Austin. I liked it.
Chris Pinkerton
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good story. a little tough to get into, but once i did i was happy i stuck with it. i am looking forward to reading the next two books.
John
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good reading.

Enjoyed reading this sci fi novel. It held my interest throughout. Although the idea of nasty, barbarian aliens is fairly common today (Independence Day etc.) I think it makes sense to say that if a civilization is intelligent enough to overcome interstellar travel it is intelligent enough to not waste its resources on warfare. At least the probability is good that they would act more like FDR than Hitler.
Megan
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun weekend sci-fi adventure weekend reading!

It's been a while since I read a book, just too busy with life. However I liked the description and decided to give it a go. It was a lazy weekend and I plowed through it eager to see where it would take Grant Justice. Great start, smooth well written story, and satisfying conclusion. I would recommend it for anyone who likes a quick sci-if read, without being a brain burner.
Kevin
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding work for a new author, I look forward to the next in this saga.
Taken from the most personal view, this Sergeant emerges from battle, both dead and more hardened. He awakens into a world of absolute peace, but that has exacted a severe price, and Grant is here to bring Hell's Warriors back!
James J. Seals Jr
Military Sci-fi with a twist

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A displaced hero who manages to save the day 600 years in his future. Great character development and a great story line.
Julie
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Sci-fi read. Keeps you guessing.

Good character development. Likable characters, good "bad guys". Great adventure. Can't wait to read 2nd book... there is a sequel, right?!
Paula Knarr
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

A new direction for the future of Earth. Intriguing concept and well written. I recommend the book for all ages of science fiction fans.
Lois
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not traditional but wow!

This is not your traditional sci-fi or military book. It is very different and a good story. Want to read more.
  • The Phoenix Conspiracy (The Phoenix Conspiracy, #1)
  • Dust
  • The Sea of Storms (Lodestone, #1)
  • First Contact (In Her Name: The Last War, #1)
  • Implant
  • The Fredric Brown MEGAPACK ®: 33 Classic Science Fiction Stories
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins (First Light Chronicles, #1-3; Spinward Fringe, #0)
  • Forbidden the Stars (The Interstellar Age, #1)
  • The Fourth World
  • The Honour of the Knights (The Battle for the Solar System)
  • The Robert Sheckley Megapack: 15 Classic Science Fiction Stories
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • Seer of Mars (Vallar, #1)
  • Warrior Quest (The Ancient Lands, #1)
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
  • America One (America One, #1)
  • Freedom Incorporated
  • Gifted Apprentice
Steven L. Hawk spent six years as a Military Intelligence Specialist with the U.S. Army's 82nd Airborne Division before joining the ranks of corporate America. He has a B.S. in Business Management from Western Governor's University and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He has traveled extensively across the United States and, at various times, has lived in Georgia, North Caroli ...more
More about Steven L. Hawk

The Peace Warrior (3 books)
  • Peace Army (The Peace Warrior, #2)
  • Peace World (The Peace Warrior, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Six Wakes
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)