Start by marking “Whipster (Michael's House, Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Whipster (Michael's House, Volume 1)

Whipster

(Michael's House #1)

"He could not recognize most of the items before him, which he instinctively knew was a bad sign."

Michael is an ex-prostitute, which means that nobody in polite society wants anything to do with him. He believes that the only way to help other male prostitutes is to make their working conditions bearable. His friend Janus is an upper-class gentleman who believes that his d
Published December 2008 by Love in Dark Settings Press

To ask other readers questions about Whipster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whipster

Start your review of Whipster (Michael's House, Volume 1)
Dusk Peterson
Excerpt:

The cobwebs were the first to go; then came the bat droppings and the curled corpses of dead insects and twenty years' worth of accumulated dust. That left only the floors to wash, the walls and ceiling to paint, the door to repair, and furnishings to bring in.

And then the third of sixty-three rooms would be ready.

Pausing to lean on his mop, Janus glanced wistfully toward the window. The rooms on this side of the house had the best view, pointing toward an open square: from where Janus

Shirley Frances
The synopsis does a great job of telling you what the story is about, so I won’t attempt a summary but merely focus on the elements I enjoyed the most.

The Setting

The author, Dusk Peterson, does a wonderful job in creating a unique world set during Edwardian times. From the buildings to the wardrobe and the attitude of the people, every detail is described in a way that drew me into the story and made the story come to life.

The Characters

Michael was a great character to read. An ex-pros
A.B. Gayle
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I would classify this book as a love story set in a fantasy world rather than erotica or BDSM even though it is about a whorehouse of boys for men and whips play an important role. All of the sex and s/m elements take place behind closed doors.

The relationship between the two men who own the whorehouse, Michael and Janus is one of those unforgettable pairings that will live with the reader long after they finish the story.

Catana's review sums up the plot really well.

The world building is well st
 Sara
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Unexpectedly very good, even though there's basically no sex. Being a big fan of M-M and of BDSM erotica, it was a bit of a surprise to me that I liked this (and I still would have liked a bit more detail in those areas). I liked watching the characters grow. I particularly appreciated not having every single conflict in the book tied up in a perfect (and unrealistic) happily ever after ending.
Zoe Cannon
Sep 23, 2013
John
Feb 20, 2013
Steve Plunkett
rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2011
added it
Mar 23, 2016
Emma
Mar 15, 2017
Honored in the Rainbow Awards, Dusk Peterson writes historical speculative fiction with diverse characters: historical fantasy, alternate history, and retrofuture science fiction. Friendship, romantic friendship, and romance often occur in the stories. Visit duskpeterson.com for e-books and free fiction.

A resident of Maryland, Mx. Peterson lives with an apprentice and several thousand books.

News & Interviews