Start by marking “Best of All” as Want to Read:

(Wemmicksville #4)

Published January 1st 2003 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Best of All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best of All

Start your review of Best of All
Masoome
به نظرم پیام های کتاب خیلی مستقیم بود! ...
Cori Dantio
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want to start by saying this is purely my opinion...

As some reviewers have pointed out, this is blatantly a Christian based picture book, however that doesn't make the message any less important. Setting aside overtly Christian overtones, the book was amazing. I would love to keep this purely for the lesson that this story teaches. It's easy for children to understand whether you're raising them in faith or not. The only reason I have scored the book this low is because of my own issues with
Alireza Emami
عالیه این کتاب
خداشناسی. هدف از خلقت
مصداق آیه ان اکرمکم عند الله اتقیکم
Pam
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cliques rear their head in book 4.
Kristina
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a little long for the younger ones to sit through. however it was a good read with a good mesaage.
Marisa Peterson
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for teaching that everyone has special gifts and it's what's on the inside that matters, not what's on the outside. Pairs well with MLK Jr. lessons.
Kest Schwartzman
See previous review regarding promising premise and god
Rachel
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Beautiful story.
Mikayla
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorite Wemmicksville books. Punchinello is so sweet how he went to his maker. Kids books are the best.
Kater Cheek
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For many years, I never ate eggplant. Every time I had it in a restaurant, it was pithy and bitter and overly chewy to the point of making a dish inedible. I avoided dishes that even had eggplant as an ingredient. Too easy to ruin things with such a nasty vegetable. Then, one evening I had an eggplant dish that was not only not ruined, it was delicious. And here's the weird thing--eggplant was the main ingredient.*

Christian morality messages are like eggplants--in anything less than skillful
Heidi-Marie
I think I prefer the first two of the Wemmicks books. I liked the illustrations more, and I like that the stories are quick and simple. The ones I have read lately seem to be too full of text. Still a little humor, but not much like in the first two. The main aspect of us being who we are and special and made with purpose by our Maker is present in each one, and Lucado does well in bringing out the different ways that others make us feel less than we are. But I still think he could have done it ...more
Liz B
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice book that addresses discrimintion. Bess Stovall is very famous simply because she is made of maple and comes to town to have a club just for the maples. The town had not noticed differences between the woods until she came to town and then they all started to discriminate against each other, especially the willows because they are weak and bend. This all changed one day when Bess fell and was hanging from a bridge and only a wood that was flexible could help her.
Linda
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Max Lucado teaches us in a simple way that God loves us and he made everyone special and unique. The lessons taught in the Lucado series through Punchinello and the people from Wemmick are very effective. It's a good way to teach children build self esteem, confidence in who they are, to have the ability to choose the right path, not afraid to say 'no' to peer pressure and to treat others always with respect. This book is not just for children, adults can learn from it too.
Liane
Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
Genre: Picture book, Wemmick series

Reading Level: Late early

Topics & Themes: Maker made you on purpose and you are special. Obsession and influence of famous people to be like them.

Curricular Use: Read aloud

Social: Religion: Maker is a symbol of God

Literary Elements: Moral story: Everyone is equal and it doesn't matter what you are made of. Onomatopoeia.

Text & Pictures: Interaction.
Pam
This book is way too preachy, and the illustrations and characters are too infantile for my taste. Why adults and authors think that kids can't tell when a story is self-righteous is beyond me. I also wondered why the author chose to reinforce society's sexist stereotypes. I would not recommend this book to any one.
Jessica
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 12-religious
Max Lucado creates wonderful religious stories told through parables, teaching a great moral. Best of All teaches that everyone has a purpose and is made the way they are for a purpose. Sometimes people will judge you or make you feel not so important but God knows you and loves you, you are important no matter what they say.
Rebekah
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of the Wemmick stories for children. They teach valuable lessons in interesting ways.

For younger kids, I found myself skipping over super detailed parts because it was hard to keep their interest.
o
This book definitely has Christian undertones, but holds an excellent message for children about how they are made is no judge of character. I'm using it as a resource for one of my projects right now, and this one is definitely a stand out.
Claudia
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We went Max Lucado book crazy a couple of weeks ago - I think this book was our favorite!
Marije
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Jij bent bijzonder, mijn kind. Jij bent zoals je bent omdat ik je zo gemaakt heb.'
Maddy
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Max Lucado shows his Extraordinary talent for writing a story that not only charms children of all ages but also weaves in the enchanting message demonstrated in this gorgeous book.
Angie
May 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
God's love flows freely from the pages...
Ashley
Feb 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great way to share God's love to children.
Retno
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adinda-read
Great book for children about being different and discrimination
Corinne
Aug 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of the Max Lucado books and the messages he portrays through his stories. I have now purchased almost every Max Lucado book because I enjoy them so much!
Gabrielle Link
I love this story that Max Lucado did.
Wanda
Jul 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children of all ages.
Shelves: children-s-books
Found in a bargain bin. Glad I bought it. Nice story.
Stephen
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nowhere near as good as "You Are Special," but still a good and inspiring book.
Shelley
About not labeling others and being cliquish. It was a little wordy for my four year old.
Connie
Dec 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love, love, love this book. It teaches that no matter what we are made of or look like, we all have strengths and gifts to offer.

• The Rabbit Listened
  • Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2)
  • The Hug
  • Put Me in the Zoo
  • Play Ball, Amelia Bedelia
  • با قلبت بنواز
  • Baby Elephant: Finger Puppet Book: (Finger Puppet Book for Toddlers and Babies, Baby Books for First Year, Animal Finger Puppets)
  • I Am a Big Sister
  • That's Not My Monkey...
  • That's Not My Snowman
  • Going Out
  • Noisy Farm
  • Baby's Very First Black and White Book: Babies
  • Faces (Baby's Very First Black And White Book)
  • The Pout-Pout Fish
  • The Story of an Hour
  • A Death
  • Ptasie ulice
With more than 130 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing August 2018 and is titled Unshakable Hope.

Wemmicksville (6 books)
  • You Are Special (Wemmicksville, #1)
  • You Are Mine (Wemmicksville, #2)
  • If Only I Had a Green Nose (Wemmicksville, #3)
  • Punchinello and the Most Marvelous Gift (Wemmicksville, #5)
  • Your Special Gift (Wemmicksville, #6)