Start by marking “The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)

The Sweetest Thing

(Lucky Harbor #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  17,896 ratings  ·  1,041 reviews
Two Men Are One Too Many . . .
Tara has a thousand good reasons not to return to the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington. Yet with her life doing a major crash-and-burn, anywhere away from her unfulfilled dreams and sexy ex-husband will do. As Tara helps her two sisters get their newly renovated inn up and running, she finally has a chance to get things under
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Forever (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetest Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweetest Thing

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Sweetest Thing is book two in the Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis. I was lucky enough to get this book as a Christmas gift from my dear friend and am just now getting to it. But it was oh so worth the wait. I couldn’t have loved this book more.

three women

Tara Daniels is the oldest of the three sisters. All three have returned to Lucky Harbor after their mother’s death, a mother Tara had barely known. Tara’s plan is to help her sisters get the Inn their mother left them up and running and to make su
Kristen
Charming 4 1/2 to 5 stars

The Sweetest Thing was such a treat to read and I can easily say I ended up falling in love this book.

I honestly didn't believe I'd like this story as much as I did the first book in the series, Simply Irresistible. I wasn't Tara's biggest fan, and I was on the fence regarding Ford.

How wrong I was!

Not only did I end up loving Tara and Ford individually, but as I mentioned before, I found myself liking this book a tad bit more than the first. The deeply enriched charact
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

The Sweetest Thing is the second book in the Lucky Harbor series, and once again I’m sitting here with a silly grin on my face, unable to stop thinking about Ford and Tara, and the other crazy friends and family who made this story so fun! And let me just tell you, this is one incredibly romantic and sexy story that had me fanning myself, laughing out loud and sighing often. With honest, believable characters that I couldn't help but care about and cheer for, it’s a tale of first love, lost lov
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any Romance Reader! Esp. of Humorous CR.
Recommended to Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* by: Having loved Simply Irresistible
(FINALLY wrote my review for this!)

5 of 5 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

Jill Shalvis’ first book in the Lucky Harbor series was certainly Simply Irresistible and was my first introduction to her work. This one was only my second “date” with Ms Shalvis but it was The Sweetest Thing , and she better be careful, or very soon, I’ll be Head Over Heels . Ooookay…enough with the puns! Haha!

In the first installment of the series, I loved meeting Maddie “The Mouse”, and her two
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I had higher hopes for these books. I've been debating what to write for reviews for the three I've read so far, and honestly, I think I can probably use the same review for each one. Because here's the story in a nutshell:

Girl inherits dilapidated inn, is reunited with her two half-sisters, meets a guy, can't control her raging hormones, has copious amounts of sex with said guy, resists a relationship because she's an infuriatingly simple-minded moron with the emotional maturity of a toilet bru
Jae
Ford was such a HOT wicked mess!!! Bless his heart. And the secrets were totally out. I've had my suspicions regarding Tara and Ford thing and I am glad that it was all true.

Tara the ever Steel Magnolia was very uptight and proper and pretty much clashed with Ford. I didn't like Ford's loose and easy attitude at first. I just thought that he was too laid back for Tara. But apparently a hot body and even wetter kisses was what Tara wanted after all. Aww.....

And I can't wait for Chloe and Sawyer's
No Tragic Drama
Easy Fun Read
Read the First to Understand the Sisters
Claire Robinson
5 - "Forever this time." Stars!

I think this may be my most favourite Shalvis book to date. The series is certainly shaping up to be a keeper too.

Onto the next!
WhatIReallyRead
I was so looking forward to the book about the "Steel Magnolia" sister. When cameoed in her sister's books, Tara seemed like such a bad-ass female character, a grown-up older sister who has her shit together. But she disappointed me.

Turns out, Tara's bad-assness was just a facade. Beneath it, she turned out to be much weaker and whinier than her sisters. Not only did she give an "I'm just a little girl who wants to feel protected in his strong arms" vibe (completely at odds with the Steel Magnol
Annaliese
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!! :)))
Elle
Will I read this book again? Yes. Will I buy a hard copy so I can mark my favourite part for quick access? Probably and that's a rare feat, precious few books are given that honour. I only reread books that suck me into a happy place. I feel like I can't fully express the extent to which this book completely sucked me into the setting. I have such a clear mental picture of Lucky Harbor. I feel like I just came back from vacation having read this book. What an amazing experience it is to read a b ...more
Chan
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Fun Read by Jill Shalvis

Writing: I enjoy Jill’s writing. I’m not a fan of 3rd person narration, but Jill does it well in this book.

Characters: Tara, The Steele Magnolia and Ford. Tara was my favorite in Book 1. So, I was eager for her story. Tara is a runner and Ford is a ‘let it go’ person. Those personalities make for a difficult relationship.

There was something missing between Tara and Ford. I should have felt a deeper connection between them because of their deep history. Oh and I
valee
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cont-romance
P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N.

Oh wow, what an amazing read. I just can't believe I enjoyed a book in this genre this much, I mean, it has happened to me before but it has been so long that I had started to believe I may have rated some of my previous cont-romance books too high. But then a book like this one ended up on my hands and it got way too easy to understand how I could have a book in this genre as a fav of mine. Sigh, I remember it too clear now ... for a book in this genre to end up on my fav sh
MBR
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance and second chances, Fans of Jill Shalvis
4.5 Stars Addition to the Lucky Harbor Series

I have been waiting eagerly for the release of the 2nd installment of The Lucky Harbor series, book 1 of which I enjoyed immensely. The Lucky Harbor series centers around 3 sisters, the death of whose mother Phoebe Traeger brings them together. The 3 sisters Maddie known as the Mouse, Tara as the Steel Magnolia and Chloe as the Wild One definitely make the stories come alive with the unique characteristics that each of them lend to the story.

Book 2
Jonetta
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tara Daniels, the oldest of the Traeger sisters, was the most reluctant to return to the town of Lucky Harbor. She left when she was 17 and pregnant and now at 34, returning to the scene of so much pain and failure isn't part of her life's plan. Known as the Steel Magnolia because of her Southern ways and tough, bossy nature, she's going to do her part to get the inn ready for sale and then move on with her life. However, the man who caused her so much pain as a teenager is determined to rekindl ...more
Ana
Better than the first book.

Tara, the Steel Magnolia, decided to change her life for the better, she divorced her husband, moved to Lucky Harbor, and found a job as a cook, the one thing she really likes. But she couldn't escape her past, In this case it was her summer love from when she was 17, Ford. Of course everything gets even more complicated when her ex shows up, and when the residents of Lucky Harbor decide to meddle.

Ford wants Tara back. He is patiently trying to seduce her into loving h
Saly
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Sweetest Thing is Tara's story. Tara is the eldest sister and she's been in Lucky Harbor for 6 months now. Their inn is just about to open and Tara's intention is to make it successful for Maddie(her sister) and leave. We know that Tara has a lot of issues, she is a control freak and stubborn. She was raised by her grandparents and was wild as a teenager when she was sent to Lucky Harbor at the age of 17 to a mother she hardly knew. She met Ford then and they had a whirlwind love-affair, tha ...more
Karen
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this one. LOVED Ford's character. This was a sweet story.
Karla
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This Lucky Harbor series is so enjoyable. I love the sisters, and their distinctive, quirky personalities. This was Tara and Ford's book, but the other characters were very involved, which really added to the whole appeal of the story for me.

When I started reading this one, I felt like I needed a refresher, so I put it aside, picked up Simply Irresistible and read it all over again. Loved it even more than the first time and I think it made me appreciate The Sweetest Thing that much more.

This
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Ignore the tag ("Two Men Are One Too Many . . ."), there aren't really two men. Yeah, Tara's ex shows up but he's a complete non-factor in the book. And that's a good thing. Ford is very yummy as the lead and I'm just as glad that the book is completely about him and Tara working out a relationship that could last.

This is the second in a series, and I highly recommend that you read the first before this one. This book leaves much of the relationships between the sisters unexplained and I'm just
~Megan~
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gosh I love this series! After finishing the epic Game of Thrones yesterday, I just needed something sweet and funny, and this book hit the spot.

Before this series, my previous Jill Shalvis experience was sorta blah, but I am really loving her style here. I like that she can make me cry and smile through my tears. I like that she can make me fall in love with the hero and the heroine. Mostly, I like that she can make me want to be the fourth sister and help them run the inn.

I really wasn't the
BookLover
I liked this second chance romance. Tara and Ford experienced a passionate young love, as teens, but it ended badly. After a long absence Tara returned to Lucky Harbor and Ford was determined to rekindle their romance. Added into the mix were an ex-husband who wanted to win Tara back and a surprise visitor that rocked Tara and Ford’s world.

I found the town’s interference and Facebook group created to track the “competition” between Ford and Logan, Tara’s ex, amusing. Even more so, I really liked
Lyndy Ann ♫
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The Sweetest Thing continues Tara and Ford's story that started in Simply Irresistible.

We find out the secret (even though we know it) as Tara and Ford start up their relationship again, I found the love triangle on fb funny and how their relationship with Mia progresses.

What I enjoy about this series is it continues from each book so we get to know how the Inn is coming along and how the three sisters are getting to know each other.

Can't wait to carry on with Lucky Harbor.
Dee
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked this but to be honest I didn't think it was as good as the first but it still deserves at least a 4 star rating.

It was funny and had me laughing in places and I had loved the
Phoebe-ism's (few words of wisdom at the beginning of every chapter) in the first one and was quite sad when they were lost in the fire so was really glad to see that Tara had decided to carry on the tradition of leaving her thoughts/words of wisdom for her children.

Kelly22
4.00 Stars - Contemporary Romance.

I just loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Ford was a superb hero. Everything I read by this amazing author is incredible. I still did not pick up one of her books and not fall in love with it.

The Sweetest Thing, is the second book in the Lucky Harbor Series, which features three estranged half sisters Maddie, the mouse… Tara, the steel magnolia…and Chloe, the wild child - who have been reunited after they inherited an inn located at Lucky Harbor following their moth
Crista
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am a total sucker for a "second chance at love" story, and it doesn't get any better than this.

Tara, "the Steel Magnolia", is the sister that I found it hardest to connect with in book 1 Simply Irresistible. She is from the south and has a hard, no-nonsense type of personality. It is obvious from book 1 that she and Ford have a past of some kind. The chemistry between them is obvious, and I couldn't start this book soon enough after finishing Jax and Maddie's story.

This is a spoiler-free revie
Splage
3-3.5 Stars. Summer vacation is coming and I am low on words. The Sweetest Thing was a good read, but I loved Simply Irresistible (Book 1) and this one fell short for me. The heroine was not lovable although she did grow on me and though Ford was quite a stud I wanted him to love her so much and chase after her the first time they split. At the beginning of the story, the "let's just have sex and be casual" didn't fit, too much history that it was almost insulting. There were some big secrets re ...more
♡Karlyn P♡
A fun light and steamy romance set in a small coastal town in Washington. Not to be taken too serious, its a cheeky romance story of young lovers who years later fall in love once again. It was surprisingly touching in places and had me shedding a few happy tears. I can't wait for Chloe's story next.
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • Heaven Can't Wait (I-Team, #1.5)
  • On the Steamy Side (Recipe for Love, #2)
  • Until There Was You
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Lucky Harbor (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10)
  • He's So Fine (Lucky Harbor, #11)
“Never do anything that you don’t want to have to explain to 9-1-1 personnel.” 101 likes
“Karma was a bitch with a good sense of humor.” 64 likes