Start by marking “East End Angel” as Want to Read:
East End Angel

East End Angel

(East End Saga)

June 1941, Isle of Dogs, London.
In the dark days following the Blitz, happiness visits young Pearl Jenkins as she celebrates her marriage to Jim Nesbitt.
But what should be a joyful occasion is marred when a fight breaks out between Jim and Ricky Winters, an unwelcome visitor from Pearl's past. And to Pearl's horror, the new beau of her wayward younger sister Ruby.
Increasi
Published August 1st 2010 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about East End Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about East End Angel

mois reads
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pearl,Jim ,

I love reading about the isle of dogs the cockney twang no one can write about this place like Carol the book has everything love in the middle of war with surprises as well and reading this you can see how much research has gone into this book a well deserved 5 STARS .
Tracey
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another engaging read by Carol Rivers. This story centres on Pearl, her husband, Jim, her sister, Ruby and an old flame, Ricky. Baby Cynthia brought light into a story that could have been boring in parts without her presence. A book about relationships, and that it's always best to tell the truth, then your past mistakes can't be held against you.
Shirley Revill
Love books set in this era and this one was no exception.
Really good storyline and very well written.
Recommended.
Andrea
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: friend-book
Good book about war and family abit disappointed with the ending.
Joanie
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story opens with a dilemma for the main character that draws you straight into the book. This is a page-turner that is full of secrets, suspense and family drama. Carol Rivers at her best.
julie hall
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
War years

This book takes to the Island and the people’s lives and the war years living there. Good read all around
Anish Antony
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anish by: Sagar
My verdict 4/5
A very nice read. The story is about War, Family and Love.
The story brought a feeling of happiness. Even if the life of Pearl and Ruby could be seen around us, it was really refreshing. Reading flows like a calm river. I finished it in a week.
I heard Carol Rivers, when my friend gave this book. The binding of the book was good and the cover page got my attention. The cover page shows a full scale picture of Pearl in brilliant red attire and holding a travelling bag. The lady wore
Athina England
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read one of Carol Rivers books before but I have to say I much preferred this one. The story of how people were affected by the war was clearly well researched. There was a lot of information about what happened which added to the story and made it all the more believable. Pearl was clearly a strong cookie and knew how to cope. I felt sorry for Ruby especially with what she was going through towards the end of the book. Not only was Hitler and enemy but so was Ricky who bought a number of ...more
Melissa
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good story. Carol Rivers has done a lot of research that really took me back to time during the second World War. There did come to one point close to the end where I thought things ended a bit suddenly with everything tied up neatly, though I do enjoy a happy ending :)
Kirstin Mccallum
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
If you like Call the Midwife then you will probably enjoy this as well.
Perhaps lacks the substance of the Jennifer Worth books though.
Still easy to read and highlights the poverty and hardships in the 1930's in
England
Michelle
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Carol seems to immerse herself in history when researching and writing her books, the picture of the era is painted so vivid you could imagine EVERY detail of the scenes in the book.
Jane
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-new
Great story. Good light read.
Sahrish
Jun 13, 2017
fred lasham
Jan 26, 2019
Trudi
rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2011
Carol Rivers
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sherry
Ruth
Dec 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 24, 2015 11:40AM
I’ve been fortunate enough to have made my living by writing and I’ve enjoyed a long and harmonious relationship with my publisher, Simon&Schuster. But in recent months I can only stand in awe of the growing and robust numbers of Indie authors whom I admire so much and who have revolutionized the publishing industry. There is fire in the belly of this movement, giving a whole new aspect to the ...more

East End Saga (6 books)
  • In the Bleak Midwinter
  • Cockney Orphan
  • Bella Of Bow Street (Bella Bryant #1)
  • Lily of Love Lane