Start by marking “The Memoirs of Joan of Arc” as Want to Read:
The Memoirs of Joan of Arc

The Memoirs of Joan of Arc

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
"Read my words and decide if I am a witch or sorceress, a cohort of Satan. For herein lies the true events of my life as I remember them."

Was she a saint, a witch, or just an average teenage girl? Discover the answer when one of the most revered young women in history narrates her true story of faith, courage, and perseverance. Step back in time as Joan leads men twice her
Published 2009 by Petite Plume Press

To ask other readers questions about The Memoirs of Joan of Arc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Memoirs of Joan of Arc

Suzi
May 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. Coming at the topic without much knowledge of the history of Joan of Arc, I thought it made sense to read a book for "young adults".

But any historical book I read needs to have lots of background about the people and culture, rather than overloading me with dates and factoids. That's what I like about this book - it gives you a sense of the lifestyle of a young French peasant in the 1400s, during the 100 years war with the British.

Joan of Arc was a Saint, a warrior and
bkjunkie
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to bkjunkie by: Author
Shelves: children-s
This book is well written. The first half is telling about the mundane life of Joan as a child and the squabbling amongst her and a brother. You don't get to the story of Joan hearing the voice of God or searching for the dauphine untill the middle of the book. I am about 60% through right now.
Emily Smith
Jan 21, 2013
Arthur
Mar 17, 2012
Zarle Williams
May 31, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tess
Jan 04, 2016
Maddie
added it
Oct 10, 2017
Award winning Georgia author and educator Zarle Williams hails from Colorful Colorado.

Her work has appeared in Byline Magazine , The Georgia State Review , Obsidian II , Pivot Magazine , Jack and Jill Magazine and Scholastic Books .

Her books are available for purchase on the Petite Plume Press Website.

Her novel The Memoirs of Joan of Arc was a finalist for the 2009 Katherine Paterso
More about Zarle Williams