Start by marking “Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)” as Want to Read:
Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)

Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  870 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Mackenzie Stewart’s in Scotland for a much-needed vacation. During the castle tour, Mackenzie becomes completely enamored with a painting of one of the previous lairds. Two gentlemen come up behind her and, begging her pardon, they kidnap her, dragging her through time.
Published November 26th 2010 by New Concepts Publishing (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Destiny

Laura the Highland Hussy
Sep 08, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I thought it might be tacky if I rated my own book, but I wanted to add it to my shelf :)

If you want the paperback, New Concepts Publishing has both the multi-format ebook and paperback.

For your Nook at Barnes and Noble

For Kobo click here

It's up on itunes at the apple bookstore

And Amazon has both the paperback and the kindle edition

Smashwords has it in multi format as well
Lori McD
Katie Michaels
May 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit, a big part of me didn't want to read this book. I "met" Laura Hunsaker on Goodreads, having no idea she was an author. We're in some of the same groups; we chat about what we're reading. Then I won a contest where her book was the prize. I was intrigued, but a little worried. I mean, what if it sucks? I put all my reviews on Goodreads. How do you tell someone you like that their book isn't good? Thankfully, I knew this wasn't going to be a pro ...more
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Highland Destiny,was a wonderful novel to read! It was my very first time reading a "Time Traveling "novel.The best thing I loved about it was, it's an Historical Romance as well.

The plot was very dramatic and eventful which kept me reading it non-stop.There is love, romance, jealousy, suspense, action, thrill, adventure and mystery.I was connected throughout the novel with the plot of the story including the involvement of the characters, Mackenzie & Connor (H/H of the novel) both from dif
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Sep 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a highlander
Recommended to Greta is Erikasbuddy by: Laura the Highland Hussy
Shelves: highland-broody
Oh you rock hard delicious broodys. How do I love you? Let me count the ways.

Your bodies are normally decorated in delicious battlefield scars
You have a nommy tendency to wear leather pants
You rock a kilt
You have an accent that makes me go squee
You have hair that I am able to sink my hands in
You always have a nice gruff of 5 o'clock shadow
You'll speak gaelic to me even if I don't know what you are whispering in my ear
You have piercing eyes that would melt an iceberg
Your broad shoulders and stron
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
4.5 stars out of 5.

How can you not love this book? You have all the great elements that I love- gorgeous Scottish hero, a very feisty, and independent heroine, a great mystery, time travel and lots of steamy scenes that made me a bit breathless!

I really enjoyed the tale of two strong and somewhat stubborn characters fighting for the love they felt for each other without giving up their self in the process.

I hope we get to see more of the two main characters AND possible future stories involving
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
Wow, this book is packed full of action and has one hunky, smexy highlander, Conner MacRae. One minute Mackenzie Stewart is vacationing in 2010 Scotland and the next finds her back in time, 1792 Scotland, and living in Conner's world.

I confess I have a weakness for Highland Warriors and Laura Hunsaker has certainly produced a drop dead gorgeous specimen! I loved Conner..even his voice is sexy..LOL And I have to say here that I love the book cover...hunkaliscious!!

Mackenzie Stewart is one fiesty
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Talk about a hot highlander, head strong heroine, get me hot and flustered, frustrated, hold my breath, butterflies in my stomach, kind of book!

Connor and Mckenzie has an  undenyable attraction for each other and thier journey to romance/love/HEA definitely had me in knots.
It was a roller coaster of emotions that kept me up late and lose sleep. I love this book. Did I mention Conner is super HOT!?!!!

Cannot wait for Laura Hunsaker's next book!!!

Fave quote: "he loved her deeply and irrevocably.
Riverina Romantics
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I have always had a soft spot for Highland Romance and this book was no exception.

Conner was the spunky, muscly, sex god of a Highlander that had me drooling continuously and Mackenzie was a sweet but strong willed woman that was lucky enough to get the wild thing on with above mentioned sex god.

For Laura's first novel I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable and realistic it was. The details of the Highlanders time was remarkable and you could tell that a lot of attention to detail was mad
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Highland Destiny by Laura Hunsaker is an exciting tale of time travel, love, deception, and a bonny Highlander or two. The story emerges with Mackenzie Stewart and her best friend, Jenna, at the beginning of their vacation in Scotland. While the two are attending a tour through the castle, Mackenzie is abducted by two sorcerers who take her back in time to 1792 with them.

She has been kidnapped to thwart a curse, bring peace to the Highland clans, and end the life of the Campbell who is slowly be
Laurie Garrison
This is Laura Hunsaker first published book, its very entertaining, a fast pace read. I have to hand it to her she writes a very interesting and fresh adventure. I would suggest this book to anyone that loves historical time travel.

Mackenzie and her friend are visiting an old castle in Scotland. Never in her wildest dreams she’d ever thought that the turn of events to come would change her life forever as she knows it. As she is pulled back into time she embarks on an adventure that has danger
Love is in the air...hmhmhm

I had this song in my head while's perfect... to describe my love for this book and to symbolize the grand love around which the book evolves.

And I don't know if you're an illusion
Don't know if I see it true
But you're something that I must believe in
And you're there when I reach out for you
Love is in the air...hmhmhmmmm
Sep 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love this book. The story flowed and kept my attention. I am quite suprise that I read it so quickly. However I wanted to know what was going to happen to Connor and McKenize. I hope there will be a sequel.
An Odd1
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-rate
I dislike prescient dreams, but Hunsaker reviews and comments with such humor and verve, I accept the prologue and continue, knowing I'll have smiles and Mr. Tall, Dark, and built. I do prefer meaningful titles, so obviously pretty Mac, oops Kenzie, has a "Highland Destiny".
What's the billeting room?
Author Hunsaker is most talented at building the tiny details of voice and touch that strengthen attraction to arou
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Mar 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Highland Destiny is a beautiful adventure about a devastating curse and a love that supersedes time.

Mackenzie Stewart is visiting Scotland with her best friend when she spies a portrait of a man that was once the Laird of the Castle Eilean Donan they are staying in. She instantly gets lost in his blue eyes, and when a duo of wizards drags her through a secret castle passage she is in a daze, but when she walks out into the 18th century her head spins even more. She is told that she is the only
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Although this book was not very original in it's time travel concept, it had a special charm. The story brought out the girl in me that used to love fairy tales and happy endings. It has been a very long time since I just enjoyed a love story for just being a love story. There is not a strong paranormal element and very little magic. There are no immortals. The bad guy does not appear in very much of the book and we don't get a look inside his head. His motivations are stated but we don't know w ...more
Ashley the Magnificent™
Jun 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Holy plot, Batman! This book was fantastic. I was completely useless for at least a whole day while I devoured this story. Playful, romantic, exciting... I'm actually a lil sad it's over.

I was wary going into this one, not being very fond of the genre ("You got time-travel in my Highlander Romance!" "You got Highlander Romance in my time-travel!") but this book changed my mind. I felt a lot of the interactions between the two characters where the future was concerned were well done, like when w
Book of Secrets ☘
Sep 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
HIGHLAND DESTINY is the impressive debut by Laura Hunsaker. Laura has woven a magical tale of romance and adventure with a hint of the paranormal. On vacation in Scotland, the heroine Mackenzie Stewart finds herself pulled back in time to 1792 by two mysterious sorcerers. They explain that she is destined to break a curse that her ancestors are responsible for. She is to distract the evil John Campbell by playing the role of his bethrothed, so his rival Connor MacRae can destroy him. However, th ...more
Highland Destiny is a wonderfully vivid Historical Time Travel Romance that is the first published work for author Laura 'Highland Hussy' Hunsaker and after having read a copy provided to me by the author for review can tell you it will not be her last!

Mackenzie Stewart is the epitome of a 21st century woman, outspoken and strong minded... When she is visiting a castle in Scotland during a tour she becomes enamored of the portrait of Connor MacRae, who lived in 1800's Scotland... While her best
Heather Book Savvy Babe
Sometimes when reading books by new authors, I never know how well written and edited the book is going to be. When I picked up Highland Destiny, I was in the mood to read a highlander romance, and I am thrilled to report that I love this book. Mackenzie Stewart is thrust into the past in Scotland, only to be kidnapped by an attractive, possibly very dangerous highland warrior. Told few details of her purpose (distract the evil Lord Campbell with an engagement to end a curse), MacKenzie is confu ...more
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Ignore the fact that it took me a while to read this. Between the papers I needed to write and my eyes' tendecy to getting tired oh-so-easily, I really enjoyed this.

It tells the story of modern day girl Mackenzie Stewart and the not so modern day hero, Highland warrior Connor MacRae.

I have to say I was a bit worried whether I'd like Mackenzie or not cause I have this pet peeve when it comes to heroines thanks to past bad experience. But thankfully Mackenzie, with her modern day speech and atti
Oct 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jul-2011
Well I finally managed to get my hands on an ebook version of this book. I have been wanting to read it for ages after reading all the fabulous reviews.
I don't own an e-reader and use a Kindle app on my Macbook. Its not my favourite way to read a book and it tends to take me longer to get through a novel. Mostly because I can't take it along with me wherever I go. If I sit too long at my laptop my eyes start to get a little sore and the words blur together.
I found that frustrating with this book
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
I love the idea of being able to step through a gate into a different place and time. To be able to take part in the history that has formed a place is a dream of mine, so this story hit very close to the center of my heart. Mackenzie carrying her twenty-first century attitude back to the eighteenth century added a lot of humor to the story for me, if only because of the aggravation it causes the handsome Connor. It did take me a bit to become involved in this book, but once I found myself absor ...more
Brittany B.

I love it!!!

I've been on a highlander binge for quite some time, now. I have had this particular story on my TBR shelf for a long time and I'm so happy I took the time to read it! Highland Destiny was a delightfully charming love story mixed with just the right amount exciting Highland adventure and intrigue. Mackenzie is a such a good heroine!!! I am a sucker for time travel stories... And the way the heroine and hero meet was very clever.
Lots of hot highlander chemistry and romance and none
Sara Noble
Dec 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was my first crack at Historical Romance. And.......... I loved it! I immediately fell in love with the heroine, Mackenzie, because of her strong, independent personality. I also loved, Connor, the sexy man-in-kilt, who stole Mackenzie away from her evil betrothed. I could actually hear his Scottish accent as I read. The love scenes were very tasteful, but steamy. I can't wait for the sequel!

I enjoyed this novel very much and couldn't put it down. Just lovely!
Mar 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Excellent book. Enjoyable characters. Good story line. (My personal tastes are the ONLY reasons this is a 4 star and not higher: I personally like more action, and felt that the book had more character development, I personally do not want to spend alot of time on their developing feelings)
Definitely reccommend this book for others to give it a try.
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Highland fans
Won from Shameless Blog , and thanks for Laura "Laurie" Hunsaker to give me a chance to read her book =D

I admit I'm giddy and nervous to read it, since I'm afraid I will not enjoy it. But for her debut, you did a great job, Highland Hussy!! =D
Review coming soon, I promise!!
Just need to clear my head tomorrow, because this d*mn cold! >.<
Sha Mslvoe
The MOST BEAUTIFUL love story I've every read. Did I tell you that this book is a wonderful time travel romance. A MUST READ for highlander fans.

ps : I'm a time travel romance sucker ♥♥ and I'm happy to pay a bit more to get this book.
Madison Mega-Mara...: Book #8: Highland Destiny 1 4 Feb 27, 2013 08:27AM
  • Lord of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #1)
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • Awaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1)
  • Binding Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #1)
  • Master of the Highlands (Highlands, #1)
  • A Laird for all Time
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Highland Knight
  • Return of the Highlander (Immortal Warriors, #1)
  • Highland Mist (Druids Glen, #1)
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • The Guardian (The Return of the Highlanders, #1)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
I write about Hunky Highlanders and Hottie Scotties.
Steamy Time Travel Romances that warm up the night, and leave you craving more.

I'm also the Highland Hussy over at but please don't request reviews through goodreads.
More about Laura Hunsaker...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You’re in love with me? Why have you never said anything?” He demanded.

“No one wants to tell someone she loves him, and have him not say it back,” her eyes dropped and she said it so softly he had to strain to hear it.”
“With love, lass anything is possible.” 12 likes