Start by marking “Rebirth (The Judas Syndrome, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rebirth (The Judas Syndrome, #2)

Rebirth (The Judas Syndrome #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A year into a Post-Apocalyptic existence, where
friendships are tested and new enemies emerge; talk
of destiny fulfilled through a child offers salvation.

Could you believe?

Narrated by Joel’s girlfriend Sara, Rebirth is a story of survival, betrayal, and hope. After giving birth to their son, whose evident purpose is to fulfill the destiny that Joel had forsaken, Sara reali
Published October 1st 2010

To ask other readers questions about Rebirth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebirth

Micki Peluso
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Second book of the trilogy just gets better and better, September 3, 2012
By Micki Peluso (New York, USA)

This review is from: Rebirth: Book two in The Judas Syndrome series (Paperback)

Rebirth
The second book in The Judas Syndrome series
By Michael Poeltl

Sara speaks:

Eight years after the Apocalypse finds Sara living on a military base used to house the survivors of the Third World war, and the plague that follows. She can't find her eight-year-old son and as search teams scan the base, Sara flas
Todd Fonseca
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Rebirth - An Excellent follow-up to Book One

Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Author: Michael Poeltl
Format: Kindle, Paperback

Distraught and destined to raise her child Leif without his father, Sara finds herself in a battle with Earl for leadership over their small house of survivors. As the days and weeks go by, Earl's hunger for power and delusional ideals lead to ever increasing acts of control and violence forcing Sara to take drastic measures. Finding herself on the run, she follows Joel's last words to
Rose
Dec 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebirth is the sequel to Michael Poeltl’s debut novel The Judas Syndrome (2009). I’m not surprised that he wrote a follow-up, because the ending practically begged for continuation. But I was also wary, because sequels can be like designer knockoffs- compelling in their own way, but rarely as good as the original.

Rebirth continues the dark saga of a teenaged band of post-apocalypse survivors. Narrated by Sara, Joel’s girlfriend, it fluidly resumes where The Judas Syndrome left off. Crises that e
Zvi Zaks
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
A Phoenix arises.

REBIRTH is Michel Poeltl's second book in THE JUDAS SYNDROME trilogy. The author has been careful to give enough back-story to make it understandable by itself, but is best read after the first in the series. That way, one gets a vivid picture of the transformation undergone by the characters—from carefree teens on a pre-college camping trip to survivalist adults in a post nuclear-holocaust world, with extremes ranging from, Sara, now a fiercely protective mother, to Earl, degen
Lisa Poeltl
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebirth takes the point of view of one of the female characters from the first book in the series, The Judas Syndrome. Although I enjoyed the first novel, the second spoke to me more, perhaps because the female protagonist has a kindler, gentler view of continuing to rebuild her life in a ruined world. The story follows her and her son as they edge their way through some gritty stuff... Themes of spirituality and the occult bring it to a different level. A very satisfying read.
Alicia Dinar
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

"It's funny,not that the novel is, but your view of the characters who survive to make book two: The thoughts of them change, and with that, your hopes and worries for outcomes. It fills you with both empathy and anger for Sara, and her long confusing journey. This is what makes 'Rebirth" so touching! It grabs your attention and pulls you in with misery and wonder, till your desperate to know what's next."

- Alicia
Brett Jeffery
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
Great PA book, I cannot wait for number 3
Ashley Lyle
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really good! The cliffhanger at the end is killing me though. Very excited for the next and final installment!
Michael Poeltl
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The third book in The Judas Syndrome trilogy completes the series with some Revelations of its own. Thus the title of the book. It see's a main character lost to the first and second books re-emerge as a powerful player in the third. I loved writing this book as well, and seeing where the characters would take me, where a second generation is grown and ready to take on the world - in spite of what the world thinks of them. The Judas Syndrome series was a delight to write and I hope you enjoy rea ...more
Albert
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not having read the first of this series I was a bit lost as far as back story. With this said a review would be unfair but I am going to give my two cents anyway. I feel that the story is good and character development was spot on so I am interested enough to read the first in the series. Everyone should probably keep an eye out for more by this author.
Deborah Young
Feb 18, 2012
Justine Barnes
Apr 26, 2018
Debbie
rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2012
Missy
Dec 08, 2012
Ruth Johnstone
Jan 28, 2014
Michael Poeltl
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Scott
Jul 21, 2011
Michael Poeltl
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Susan
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • Desperate Times
  • Deep Winter
  • H10N1
  • Apocalypse Law 2 (Volume 2)
  • Half Past Midnight
  • On the Road (Life After War, #2)
  • Sven the Zombie Slayer
  • A Zombie Apocalypse (A Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Scavenger's War (The Marlowe Transmissions, #1)
  • Year 50
  • Out of the Black
  • American Apocalypse: The Collapse Begins
  • Regolith
  • The Undead Situation (Undead, #1)
EXCITING NEWS: A.I. Insurrection is available NOW! This SciFi novel has taken me on quite the journey - unexpected at times. Artificial intelligence claims sentience, but it's the proof that will divide the world, and usher in the violent end to utopia... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Michael Poeltl was voted Best Writer/Author for 2010 in October by View Magazine:
A weekly alternative n
More about Michael Poeltl

The Judas Syndrome (3 books)
  • The Judas Syndrome (The Judas Syndrome, #1)
  • Revelation (The Judas Syndrome, #3)
“When I wasn’t in the barn garden, helping out, sorting seeds or checking hoses I’d spend time alone, usually in the bathroom adjacent to Joel’s room, staring into the shattered mirror as my hand gently caressed my baby bump.
More often than not I would cry. Not because my pregnancy upset me, or that my hormones were getting the better of me, but because I missed Joel, my baby’s father. That the baby would grow up without a dad made me anxious. Then again, if he had survived, what irreparable damage would he have suffered and how would his pain translate to his child? Jesus, I was studying myself in the very mirror he’d smashed the night he chose to take his own life.

The bump had grown slowly in the last couple of months. With these limited resources, I didn’t have the privilege of eating whatever I craved. Had that been the case, I was sure I would have been bigger by now. Still, I tried to eat as well and as often as I could and the size of my belly had proven that my attempts at proper nutrition were at least growing something in there.

Nothing made me happier than feeling my baby move. It was a constant source of relief for me. In our present circumstances, with no vitamins and barely any meat products save the recent stash of jerky Earl had found in an abandoned trailer, my diet consisted of berries, lettuce, and canned beans for the most part. Feeling the baby move inside me was an experience I often enjoyed alone. I would think of Joel then as well. Imagining his hand on my belly, with mine guiding his to the kicks and punches.”
2 likes