Start by marking “Nudie the Rodeo Tailor: The Life and Times of the Original Rhinestone Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Nudie the Rodeo Tailor: The Life and Times of the Original Rhinestone Cowboy

Nudie the Rodeo Tailor: The Life and Times of the Original Rhinestone Cowboy

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Born in Kiev, Ukraine in 1902, Nudie Cohn built an impeccable reputation as one of the most sought after clothiers in Los Angeles... all on a few sparkly G-strings. Nudie the Rodeo Tailor tells the unbelievable story of Nudie and Bobbie Cohn and the legendary fashion legacy they created.

Nudie Cohn's first store (Nudie's for the Ladies, New York City) featured those famous
Published June 14th 2004 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about Nudie the Rodeo Tailor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nudie the Rodeo Tailor

Andy
Mar 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If I were to tell you that an old Russian Jew would become the hottest tailor to Country & Western singers you'd tell me to go piss up a rope, wouldn't you? But it's true, and he also made clothes for The Monkees, Glen Campbell and millions more. This book is chock full of eye-popping photos of his great clothes and celebrity clients, and THAT CAR! I remember his boutique on the corner of Santa Monica and Crescent Heights.
(This book was purchased at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art).
Sara
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
i picked up this book because I'm currently in the docent class at the Autry National Center (Museum of the American West) and there are several outfits from Nudie's in the collection. I enjoyed reading this remembrance of a personality in Hollywood who was also a family member of the writer. The pictures were great - only thing better would have been color pictures. I also wish there had been more pictures from Nudie's days in NY when he did outfits for people in burlesque and vaudeville.
Rebecca
Jan 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for the photos but ended up loving the story of Nudie.

In a time of celebrities branding themselves and shoving product down our throats it's refreshing to read about someone coming from poverty and kicking ass.

Powder River Rose
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. What a story/life. I intend to create outfits based on those found in the book.
Haylee
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Its one of my coffee table books. I love it. Nudie designed suits for everyone from Elvis to Gram Parsons.
Cheryl Botchick